Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

All raid drops should be on a vendor.

One thing I love about raiding in Everquest is they remove some of the RNG monster when it comes to loot. Raids drop currency similar to Valor Points. Once you have cleared a tier a vendor is unlocked which sells every single raid drop from that tier. You then use the currency you gained from beating bosses to buy items you really want but just have horrible luck. Why wouldnt this work in WoW? It doesnt reward people wanting free loot because you still have to clear the raids once to unlock them. If you arent doing the raids then you dont need the gear anyways. Also this way like I said you dont have to go weeks or even months hoping an item drops you really want. Once you have enough currency earned from raiding you can just buy it. Everybody is happy.

Deleted
    Not sure if troll or... well I dunno what else this could be.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-03 at 11:36 PM.

Disagree. All raid drops should be in the cash shop.

Letting vendors give away gear is basically giving stuff away for free and dumbing down the game. Putting them into the shop would ensure that only the people are awarded that really mean it and are serious about their game and are ready to invest value and effort into it. Just like in real life.

RNG is a core part of WoW, it's one of the main things that keeps people playing.

No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    RNG is a core part of WoW, it's one of the main things that keeps people playing.

No.
    Oh fuck that.
    Rng became a thing in Cata. Grinding was the big thing before and it needs to fucking come back. This crap about getting luck and unlucky is stupid. A guy who played most of the year should not have to worry about being surpassed some new person who just started playing a few weeks ago.
    Honestly so long as it is tied to normal up and that it takes like 5-15 kills of said boss then I'd be ok with it. BUT ONLY AFTER YOU KILLED ALL THE RAID BOSSES.
    Last edited by nightguard; 2014-01-31 at 08:39 PM.

You forgot that the developers love rng which is why they are introducing even more of it on future gearing process. They don't want you getting bis items so fast like you do now because then you are more than likely to stop playing, instead they want to drag the gearing process as long as possible so you have a reason to play their game. Getting bis items is not their intention which is pretty much why they are making that possibility extremely low to pretty much impossible. Adding items to a vendor just removes any rng which is a direct contradiction of what they want with gearing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Disagree. All raid drops should be in the cash shop.

Letting vendors give away gear is basically giving stuff away for free and dumbing down the game. Putting them into the shop would ensure that only the people are awarded that really mean it and are serious about their game and are ready to invest value and effort into it. Just like in real life.
    10/10 would read agian

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-03 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    You forgot that the developers love rng which is why they are introducing even more of it on future gearing process. They don't want you getting bis items so fast like you do now because then you are more than likely to stop playing, instead they want to drag the gearing process as long as possible so you have a reason to play their game. Getting bis items is not their intention which is pretty much why they are making that possibility extremely low to pretty much impossible. Adding items to a vendor just removes any rng which is a direct contradiction of what they want with gearing.
    Then maybe they should work on. Other things besides just one aspect of the game. And also maybe the players should stop bitching about not being able to raid and find something else in the game. Some people aren't good raiders, some ppl can't make schedules, and some raiding guilds are already established, they don't need to make room for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    10/10 would read agian
    That was your 666th post, man, and it was reply to a guy who's last name is Hellfire. This clearly means something!

I'd add the requirement for reputation, too. Have only boss kills give you rep and require Exalted plus valor points to buy. For the vast majority of players, they would either have the item by the time they reached exalted or they would be better off upgrading other items with those points. But for those fewwwww players who were completely shat on with RNG, they can buy them.

Considering WoW raiding has been built on the concept of RNG to keep you redoing the raid I just don't see this being added. Its not like the RNG is anything new, its existed since Vanilla and the original Dungeon Set 1 ( or Tier 0) pieces.

No RNG has been proven to be boring and non-compelling. Look at ToC tier and VP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Oh fuck that.
    Rng became a thing in Cata. Grinding was the big thing before and it needs to fucking come back. This crap about getting luck and unlucky is stupid. A guy who played most of the year should not have to worry about being surpassed some new person who just started playing a few weeks ago.
    Honestly so long as it is tied to normal up and that it takes like 5-15 kills of said boss then I'd be ok with it. BUT ONLY AFTER YOU KILLED ALL THE RAID BOSSES.
    I like being stuck at the same ilvl for nearly 3 months, it's fun

Oh fuck that.
    RNG still played a part, however you are right that long grinds could help make up for bad luck. I do miss grinding materials from dungeons and the world to craft a single piece, but the only way that will ever happen if they stop streamlining the gear path.

But I disagree with the way around RNG being simply a counter or a currency. Grinding tons of rare mats would be one thing, in addition to rare drops or whatever, that could be interesting.

What I would like to see is spirits of war, some of farmed trillium and kyparite, some obscure number of Dinosaur bones from Isle of Giants, items only dropped from mobs in scholomance, and drops that may come from the Sha between Protectors and Norushen could be crafted into some shoulders that look like the warrior tier. Stuff like that, things you could pick up over time would be nice, but you still shouldnt be able to just say "give me this piece because I killed the boss 7 times" alternative items could come from crafting. Maybe not require raid drops but something else, and with tertiary stats they could easily add more customization, or reduced stats but effects.

Oh fuck that.
    You could not grind your way to any vanilla raid gear, and only 2 pieces of loot dropped for 40 people.
    You could not grind your way to raid gear in TBC. You had some ok gear that you could get from grinding, but it wasn't sunwell.
    You could not grind your way to heroic gear in wrath. In fact, only some slots were available through badges, and the BiS wasn't necessarily the best item level, depending on your class.

You know, I wouldn't mind that. What if the costs were high enough that you could only get one piece every two to three week of full clears and the vendor for each tier of difficulty only unlocked on obtaining the achievement to clear the raid. They're already adding in a system with rng stats on gear so why not let you buy the plain piece off of the vendor?

10+ Year Old Account
    People might not like the downsides of RNG but it's what keeps people playing. Bad luck with RNG sucks, but good RNG is what makes the game feel fun and rewarding.

Buying your raid gear from a vendor feels neither fun nor rewarding.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck that.
    Rng became a thing in Cata. Grinding was the big thing before and it needs to fucking come back.
    So when folks raided back in Vanilla, BC, and Wrath there was no RNG? Yep, makes perfect sense.

OT: No, Nope and No Way. Be it you've killed a tier or not, raid gear should stay in raids dropping off raid bosses.

Oh fuck that.
    I'm going to go ahead and say you're a recent addition to WoW. RNG has always been a huge part of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    People might not like the downsides of RNG but it's what keeps people playing. Bad luck with RNG sucks, but good RNG is what makes the game feel fun and rewarding.

Buying your raid gear from a vendor feels neither fun nor rewarding.
    More even, it's vital to mention that this form of RNG plays hand in hand with WoW's subscription model. The majority of players not receiving certain pieces of loot over the course of weeks and months is what keeps them subscribed. It's essential for the business model and won't change unless the model changes as well.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.