Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    You act as if warriors in PVP are charging everyone every 10 seconds and constantly stunning them, locking them out of gameplay.
    I dislike changes (that are being made for the sake of PvP) that affect my raiding utility. No reason why they can't leave the stun in for NPCs and make rooting apply only for players.

Deleted
    Warriors tears.. delicious

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    My one and only stun for PvE and now it's gone. Thanks a lot PvP.
    Meanwhile, all the PvPers before hand: "Thanks a lot, PvE." Get over yourselves. PvE isn't the only aspect of the game. It might be all you do, but it's not all everyone does, and this is only on the PTR, it's not even a finalized change. To the whole, "Who casts anymore?" Try being a Resto Shaman, where we only have totems on CD, with 5 health if unglyphed (or even still 2-shottable with it) and... Riptide. Everything else we do has a cast time. Fire Mages, what instant do they have that is sufficient dps? Destro Locks? There are still classes that do have cast times. Ele Shammy with unfavorable RNG? Arcane Mages? Not 100% certain for Demo Locks, but they cast frequently as well. The classes that DO have instant casts that are spammable and do enough damage to be considered useful are that way BECAUSE they're unable to cast. There's a smalle arms race in PvP. Casters can DPS from range, melee gets gap closers. Casters can't cast anymore from melee's stuns and interrupts, instant cast spells are relied on.

Most important thing I'd like to say, though, is that it's not all about PvE. Some people care just as much about PvE as you do about PvP. You can make the argument, "PvP was introduced later on in the game, not at release," sure, but it's here now. There's no denying it's a major point of the game now. There are a lot of other classes that can pick up the slack, you don't need to be a one-man army. Nearly everyone else has an interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Holinka ‏@holinka 1m
    @Dalmasca7 @ExhilMD @thebghero The datamining gave an incomplete glimpse into the overall change. Warbringer is now a 3 second stun.

https://twitter.com/holinka

Don't freak out, guize

EDIT: NVM

The charge stun is still being removed.
    Last edited by Cover25; 2014-01-31 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a good change. its like warriors having 3 interrupts all with 20 second cooldowns pre nerf to roots.

10+ Year Old Account
    The change sucks. No doubt. The root better be an actual root, unlike the "Root" from staggering shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Holinka ‏@holinka 1m
    @Dalmasca7 @ExhilMD @thebghero The datamining gave an incomplete glimpse into the overall change. Warbringer is now a 3 second stun.

https://twitter.com/holinka

Don't freak out, guize
    because less uptime for a stun that will dr when we use it to close a gap is a great idea. oh wait, thats why warbringer has been terrible all expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    because less uptime for a stun that will dr when we use it to close a gap is a great idea. oh wait, thats why warbringer has been terrible all expansion.
    How do you know it will DR?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    because it was off the dr when the expansion hit and was changed to dr with other stuns in 5.2 which made nobody take it so it was then changed to the root effect it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If i remember Warbringer didn't dr with Shockwave when it was first released and was extremely op.

10+ Year Old Account
    You anti warrior people need a quick look back to cata to show you why your celebrating is pure idiocy.

They changed charge before made it dr with all stuns, you know what Warriors did, we Specd Warbringer! for a 3s stun, AND YOU ALL COMPLAINED EVEN MORE, 3s CHARGE STUN, BLADESTORM, BOOOOM.

That is what is coming back. 1800 casters better bite down its coming in all the way.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Charge now knocks a target to the ground, rooting the target (used to stun the target) for 3 seconds and reducing movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds.
    Warbringer now causes Charge to stun the target (used to cause Charge to stun a target) for 3 seconds and reducing movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds.
    Last edited by Roshar; 2014-01-31 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This still seems pretty awful because as others have pointed out, with Warbringer being a 3 second stun it'll have to DR with all other "proper" stuns. Nobody wants their gap-closer to DR proper stuns, in PVE or PVP, so no one will take Warbringer and we're back to where we were months ago before they made Warbringer a root.

All I see is a nerf to charge stun. It's irrelevant how they change warbringer, cause it's not gonna be worthwhile.

Maybe the nerf is justified in PVP. I don't know, I don't PVP. But it's annoying to lose the PVE viability, especially because it's just another thing that differentiates good warriors and bad warriors in PVE gone. Back to standing in one spot spamming attacks instead of contributing to mob control, I guess.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Knockdown, that's pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Datamining failure. Course people freak out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Charge now knocks a target to the ground, rooting the target (used to stun the target) for 3 seconds and reducing movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds.
    Warbringer now causes Charge to stun the target (used to cause Charge to stun a target) for 3 seconds and reducing movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds.
    Uhm wtf, wouldnt knocking down interrupt any current cast... so its just a stun with no duration + a root + a slow...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Uhm wtf, wouldnt knocking down interrupt any current cast... so its just a stun with no duration + a root + a slow...
    knocks was changed to pins. So it reads -> Charge now pins a target to the ground, rooting the target (used to stun the target) for 1.5 seconds and generates 20 Rage.
    its not going to interrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah never mind, it was
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hurray, more pve utility down the drain, thanks pvp!

warriors complaining about a nerf, LOL!

20 second cd on 1.5 second stun... sure almost 10% stun up time from just charge seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore
    I've been linked pictures of anime that are already like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump
    What has science done?!