Are you required to get the "cc removal" trinket for the pvp 2-set resilience?

Or can you use an on-use and a on-hit offensive pvp trinket and still get the 2-set resilience bonus?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use any 2 pvp trinkets to get the extra resilience. However, if you're not human you are giving the opposing team a big advantage by not being able to break CC every 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frad View Post
    You can use any 2 pvp trinkets to get the extra resilience. However, if you're not human you are giving the opposing team a big advantage by not being able to break CC every 2 minutes.
    Sometimes. Some classes (Mages in particular) often don't need or want the CC removal trinket. Most top Mages don't use it, because you gain crazy extra damage by using the Proc and the on-use. I know Hunters do the same sometimes. Not sure about other classes.

But yeah, you can use any two PvP trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Sometimes. Some classes (Mages in particular) often don't need or want the CC removal trinket. Most top Mages don't use it, because you gain crazy extra damage by using the Proc and the on-use. I know Hunters do the same sometimes. Not sure about other classes.

But yeah, you can use any two PvP trinkets.
    I was hoping this topic would be about this. Sometimes the CC removal trinket just feels "meh" at best, since there are so much damn CC anyway. But I play between 1550-1800 and I guess the value of that trinket increases with the rating, and as you said, depending on which class you play.

It's interesting though, the CC trinket isn't as mandatory as it has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if some mages don't use it, I'd advise using it as it could save your or teammates life where as the little bit of extra damage you get from a proc most likely wouldn't. You can also break a CC offensively for a kill, again as opposed to the extra damage you might not be able to use if you're crowd controlled anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    I was hoping this topic would be about this. Sometimes the CC removal trinket just feels "meh" at best, since there are so much damn CC anyway. But I play between 1550-1800 and I guess the value of that trinket increases with the rating, and as you said, depending on which class you play.

It's interesting though, the CC trinket isn't as mandatory as it has been.
    Depends on race too, if you're an Undead Mage for example you have WotF and Ice Block to break CC if you want, so that allows you to play more aggressive without a trinket. And at higher ratings it's actually less mandatory in my opinion. Playing with 1700 players, if I get Scattered on my Priest (I'm obviously wearing a trinket, it's just an example) and I call it I'll probably get trapped anyway, if I'm playing with 2200+ players they'll stun the Hunter or stand on me to eat the trap or drop a Grounding totem or something to stop it. So yes there's tons of CC, but higher rated players can stop a lot of it, while at 1700 most people don't. So if I was on a Mage I could rely on my teammates to stop fear, or for my healer to instantly dispel me, so then I wouldn't need a trinket as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frad View Post
    Even if some mages don't use it, I'd advise using it as it could save your or teammates life where as the little bit of extra damage you get from a proc most likely wouldn't. You can also break a CC offensively for a kill, again as opposed to the extra damage you might not be able to use if you're crowd controlled anyway.
    Depends on a lot of situations. The comp you're running, the comp you're fighting, your class, your race, if you know the people you're fighting (if you know they're going to attack you that will impact what you should do), if your healer/teammates are good at avoiding/dispelling/interrupting CC, things like that. If I'm with a 1700 healer I don't expect to be dispelled instantly, if I'm with a 2k+ healer I don't think I'll sit a CC for more than a couple seconds most of the time. So a trinket is less useful there.

There's no one good answer, because there are too many variables. Obviously run with a trinket if you aren't comfortable without one, but saying that you should always wear one is wrong, because there are situations where you don't need it, and 5-7% more damage will help a lot.