Poll: Have you tried pet battles?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How many of you have tried Pet Battles? I've tried Pet Battles, and have some pets at level 25. I've also got a couple hundred (I think) pets overall. I like finding rare pets, and being able to capture random critters that look cool. It's a lot easier/quicker/more interactive way of actually collecting pets - when compared to waiting for holidays, grinding out a mob (looking at you Parrot Cage - Hyacinth Macaw) I also like that pets can be different rarity levels, which makes huting for the rarest version a bit more fun. If it were up to me though, I'd have the actual pet battle itself be a little faster. It seems like sometimes it takes the pets forever to actually preform a move. Also, I'd love to be able to "surrender" off the first wild battle pet without taking a 10% HP loss so I can more easily find the rares. I'd add the ability to determine the rarity of the mob by mousing over it, and I'd add an easier (but perhaps long) way of getting pet battle stones.

Should be an option for "tried them and thought they were retarded and boring".
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

I did them for about 10 levels and haven't touched them in months, just not my thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't have any 25s, but i pet battle from time to time. I just don't get to play ad much as id like to. If i could play 12 hours a day if have plenty of 25s. I voted yes im an avid pet battler, though i feel like its a terrible poll. Yes and No is enough for the question of Have you tried them.
    You have an "other" option to explain what you just explained. The poll is fine.

No, not even once. I don't think I'd remove the feature since it doesn't have an impact on anything, but I think dev time spent on it is an utter waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it for 3 seconds before realizing it's not for me and moving on.

I'd rather just play Pokemon.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2014-01-31 at 10:59 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea I tried them, but I'm not an avid pet battler. I wasn't too impressed tbh...it's a part of the game I just don't care for.

Deleted
    Tried them. I think my highest level pet is 5? I just can't play them. I was already too old when pokemon came to my country so i have absolutely no clue about how to play pet battles "right", and have no real interest to learn tbh.

Deleted
    Tried it during the beta, didn't like it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do the PVP battles because I'm not into PVP; just like, when I play a Pokemon game, I play the story, I breed for IV/Natures/Skills, do everything to like... prepare myself to PVP, and then I never do. I think that metagames are incredibly interesting, and I like to follow them so I know what's going on, but it just isn't my fancy to battle other people.

Tried it, got bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love naming small pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You have an "other" option to explain what you just explained. The poll is fine.
    No it's not, because your yes option answers the question "Do you love the pet battles?" Not "Have you tried them?". If your question is a yes or no question, don't add more than that to the answers. It leads to very bad polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No it's not, because your yes option answers the question "Do you love the pet battles?" Not "Have you tried them?". If your question is a yes or no question, don't add more than that to the answers. It leads to very bad polls.
    I dont like quoting myself or restating myself so i wont, you can read well enough. If you want to clarify that you have tried them and just don't like them, then select other and explain that. Stop making it harder than it really is.

Nope.

If I wanted to play Pokemon, I'd go play Pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the poll options, hit 'other' or skip voting entirely in lieu of a post comment. Keep discussion on topic and not about the poll itself, thanks.

Anyway.

Yes, they're fun. I don't do them super often anymore but I enjoy the feature and use it to get lesser charms.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I went with 'Other'. It was fun at first, but some of the battles have gotten so tough that I just find it more of a chore than being "fun". I honestly prefer pet drops from various raid bosses (older and newer content) as opposed to having to battle some trainer to get a bag that may contain a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the choice "meh" I have over 500 of them but I didn't do it because I liked pet battles. I did it for the achievement points like most people did.
    Aye mate

Enjoy pet battles, specifically the Celestial Tournaments and Pandaria tamer dailies.

However I am more of a collector, I get more joy out of collecting than out of battling. (592 pets in my collection with 260 of them being level 25, bit of a slacker when it comes to levelling them lol)

But they are more fun than I thought they were going to be when they were first announced.

I think if there was one thing I would like changed, would be the healing cooldown, it really has no purpose other than to cause you to spend time flying to nearest stable, which is a mild inconvenience and i don't see what it adds to the actual pet battles itself. Especially once you start doing the pet dailies and have a million bandages lying about.
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2014-01-31 at 11:31 PM.

Anyone who says they haven't tried it at least once is lying, simple as that...