Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never felt so ashamed to be gay -.- The whole 'you must like this , this and this or we will grab you by the throat and strangle you' is exactly what started off the LGBT in the first place, now people feel the need to do it to others that don't agree with them -.-

We should accept and try to understand all views and just put the crazies from both sides in the corner where no one can see/ hear them -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Look at how you type. You talk down to everyone and act as if you're superior. This is the attitude that needs to die off.
    Oh right, lol... well bigots, and people who hold foolish positions such as yours I view as below me. Sorry but I am not going to hide my contempt. You know what would help? Actually giving an argument and backing it up.

Also straight people never talk down to other people? It's like masses of straight holier-than-thou homophobes never existed... hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    That is all it boils down too.
    Who cares what he thinks, he can't represent a large body of people by being a douche about some of them.
    That really is it.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. I don't care what you think personally but when you spread it around and are the face of the student body....

just no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sigh

This thread went how I figured it would.
    Refer to my drinking game on page 3 or 4.

This thread has been a blast because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh right, lol... well bigots, and people who hold foolish positions such as yours I view as below me. Sorry but I am not going to hide my contempt. You know what would help? Actually giving an argument and backing it up.

Also straight people never talk down to other people? It's like masses of straight holier-than-thou homophobes never existed... hmm....
    He never implied the latter. Don't strawman him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I've never felt so ashamed to be gay -.- The whole 'you must like this , this and this or we will grab you by the throat and strangle you' is exactly what started off the LGBT then people feel the need to do it to others that don't agree with them -.-
    This is how it goes. You don't have to like this, honestly I don't give a fuck if you don't like it; however, if you voice that opinion, or show that opinion then your god stupid opinion is up for criticism. I had no idea it was wrong to criticized idiotic ideas and beliefs that are hate filled. Ashamed to be gay, oh get over yourself... I'm criticizing you too btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    However, again, segmenting this issue into a Homosexual issue, or an issue of bigotry or ill treatment towards one segment of the population does more harm than good. He shouldn't be removed because of his demonstrated ill feelings towards Homosexuals, but because he has shows that he is willing to treat groups of people differently in general. It shouldn't even be discussed as a case of this person being unable to treat and view all people equally.
    Exactly. That's the thing. Whether Aaron was discriminating against blacks, jews, homosexuals, women, muslims, christians ect. he should be held responsible for his inability to treat people equally.

Too many of you are trying the "don't like it, well fuck you" attitude rather than trying to teach and impart knowledge on why LGBT is natural. And all that will do is hurt your reputation even more.

I can walk around as a bisexual and not have to talk about it constantly. If it's brought up I'll confirm it but I don't ever feel the need to make it the main point of discussion. I am just a person, which is all that the LGBT community should portray themselves as rather than the stuck-up pretension so rampant these days.

10+ Year Old Account

That's the right attitude. "I want social equality, but anyone who disagrees with my point is below me so go away."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He never implied the latter. Don't strawman him.
    He is targeting the gay community for this though the fact is it's not a gay issue it's a human issue. It's not a strawman it's pointing out that "this" part of his argument applies to all fucking people of all fucking groups all across the entire planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    That's the right attitude. "I want social equality, but anyone who disagrees with my point is below me so go away."
    That's my opinion and feel yes but you see I want equality which should be given to me under the laws of my country. Since when did it become "if you want equality you can't also speak out against bigotry in such harsh ways mister gay man now."

Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    I also feel like the LGBT community, and those outside of it, kind of need to take a chill pill now and then and pick your battles. For example, I use the word faggot in common conversation. It is no longer a term used to describe a homosexual, and is more along the lines of calling someone a M-Fer. It is a term in common use that is not actually applicable to it's original meaning. (99% of the time the person you call a M-Fer or a Faggot does not have sex with their mother, nor are they a homosexual.) And people in general need to calm down about the usage of such words and move on.
    Gonna be honest with you. I felt the same way about this until pretty reccently. But the fact of the matter is; whether you feel there is no connection between using the word faggot (in my case it was simply using the word 'gay' to mean something bad - 'that raid last night was so gay; bosses kept bugging out' - for example) but after some discussion I came to the conclusion that its not up to people who aren't LGBT to decide what is or isn't an acceptable term or not for people to use. Wether YOU (or I) use the term with direct mental links to homosexuality or not is immaterial; the fact of the matter is that it is a homophobic slur; and every time you use it; you are using it as a homophobic slur.

I'm not trying to condemn you for it; I just wondered whether you might come to the same conclusion. I cba to find the thread discussing it it wasn't on these forums. But its something to think about at least.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2014-01-31 at 11:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how it goes. You don't have to like this, honestly I don't give a fuck if you don't like it; however, if you voice that opinion, or show that opinion then your god stupid opinion is up for criticism. I had no idea it was wrong to criticized idiotic ideas and beliefs that are hate filled. Ashamed to be gay, oh get over yourself... I'm criticizing you too btw.
    Good, you go do that from your pedestal, as you obviously speak for everyone and just look down upon us mere simple peasants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Pretty much what I was thinking. I don't care what you think personally but when you spread it around and are the face of the student body....

just no
    Yes!
    He can believe whatever he wants in his own little free time. But when he vocalizes, he needs to deal with the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is targeting the gay community for this though the fact is it's not a gay issue it's a human issue. It's not a strawman it's pointing out that "this" part of his argument applies to all fucking people of all fucking groups all across the entire planet.

- - - Updated - - -

That's my opinion and feel yes but you see I want equality which should be given to me under the laws of my country. Since when did it become "if you want equality you can't also speak out against bigotry in such harsh ways mister gay man now."
    And you are getting very anal about it and making assumptions along the way. Settle down rambo.

In before Strawmans
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I like how this population is mostly white, college age/pseudo professional heterosexuals who where born, and live a life where they have a set of things given to them that every day they take for granted.
    then some of them get bent out of shape when someone else wants them, and is going to fight with zeal to get them.

I think most of you should try being the have nots, rather then the haves, and reserve comment until then.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    No, I agree with MY stance that homosexuality is wrong.
    No you don't. It was never "your" stance. It never is.

I don't care what anyone else thinks or who I share that opinion with, MY stance is my own.
    That's exactly what the German populace thought before the Allies dragged them to the camps and forced them to see first hand what their opinions enabled. Then they got a good heaping dose of the reality of just how wrong that view of "my stance is my own" is.

Just because my opinions coincide with someone else's doesn't mean I support them.
    You support them by proxy. You support them by saying the exact same things they say. You support them whether you claim to or not because you speak the very same things they do with the same venomous hate that birthed your "opinion".

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    And so it begins, grab on to your nipples, it's gonna be one hell of a ride.
    hahaha! that was fucking hilarious; thanks. and yes, i'm so stealing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    If you're gay see it as this. You are in the single most important thing in SO many peoples lives because they fear that you will cause the end of humanity. They fear you just because you like the same sex. You're the most feared and powerful thing this universe has ever seen...you are Galactus
    ..... I'm not sure if that's the most awesome compliment I've ever gotten or the weirdest insult I've ever heard.

Since people aren't really even discussing the OP anymore, I'm just going to put a stop to it.

Closed.