Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Well, to be fair, they've never said it's NOT a Justice League movie. In fact, the writer and director haven't given it a name at all. The internet just collectively assumed that it's called Batman vs Superman because of the reading of The Dark Knight Returns text before the teaser trailer reveal... Which Snyder later said was probably a mistake, as it gave fans the wrong impression as they took that to mean the movie was inspired by The Dark Knight Returns, when Snyder just wanted some cool Batman dialogue to set the mood.
    Gee, I wonder why the internet would get that impression after the entire "teaser trailer" consisted of nothing but that dialog and then the Superman logo being superimposed on top of the Batman logo. I can't begin to imagine why anyone would ever get that impression.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Gee, I wonder why the internet would get that impression after the entire "teaser trailer" consisted of nothing but that dialog and then the Superman logo being superimposed on top of the Batman logo. I can't begin to imagine why anyone would ever get that impression.
    Not saying it's surprising, just that it happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well first develop Ben Affklack's Batman. As good as Nolan was Batman was neutered to a degree. Basically develop Batman first. Same goes with Superman(I hope they retcon that zod BS). Wonder Woman should get her own thing to. It'd be hard as hell(WOMAN SUPER HERO is a volatile beast). Start with those three and go from there.

Basically what Nonon is saying.
    Well, I'm not so sure DC really needs to follow Marvel's formula to a T. I mean, when Batman Begins, Green Lantern and Man of Steel came out, (I'm aware none of those are put of the same universe, just listing some DC movies) one of the most frequent complaints I saw is that people were sick of super hero origin stories. I've seen a lot of people make the argument that we don't need to be retold the origins of these older comic book characters, so just get on with it already.

I can only speak for myself concerning preference, but it really doesn't matter for me, because I've actually read comics, so it's not like I'm getting a lot of new information by seeing a retelling of an origin story.

I could see Nonon being correct, but I hope they just get it right the first time.

I also have to ask, what's wrong with Superman killing Zod?
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-04-25 at 04:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they can get away with calling it Justice League by now.

-Taking awhile to name the movie that should of been World's Finest from the start.
    -Adding too many heroes.
    -Hans Zimmer signing back on after not wanting to score the same thing again.
    -Pushed back to 2016. And JC right after in 2017? No way. If this isnt JC, then that has to get pushed back. They're going to want to bank on solo films.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I dislike the casting of lex luthor, the kid annoys the shit out of me.

I'm still excited as all hell about the movie, the superman/batman comic is one of the most interesting takes on both characters in the past few years. Hope they stay fairly close to the source material. As long as it's a good movie, i don't care too much though. I was real pleased with Constantine, pissed about Keanu playing the lead, but he did a pretty decent job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twist, in this universe Luther made Facebook.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I also have to ask, what's wrong with Superman killing Zod?
    A lot of people feel that Superman killing Zod was out of character, that Superman doesn't kill. Of course, those people are wrong. I'd simply point you to this article rather than repeat everything that is in it: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/superm.../news/?a=81677
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.