Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I consider it to be a buff.
    Protip: Dematerialize

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the moaning. The stun that we have seen the last expansions was NOT "iconic for warriors". The iconic charge NEVER stunned, and you could NOT use it while in combat. When Blizzard changed that, I didn't see anyone crying and saying "Bu freakin hu, why did they do this. Old charge was so iconic for warriors". Just stop, please. Every other class have lost some of they're "iconic" spells. Deal with it, like we do.

Deleted
    I'm ok if they start removing CCs from the game, too many of them, even though I'm currently levelling a warrior. Next in line, Hunters, Frost Mages and Rogues.

By the way, how are warriors supposed to catch a druid now?

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Stop the moaning. The stun that we have seen the last expansions was NOT "iconic for warriors". The iconic charge NEVER stunned, and you could NOT use it while in combat. When Blizzard changed that, I didn't see anyone crying and saying "Bu freakin hu, why did they do this. Old charge was so iconic for warriors". Just stop, please. Every other class have lost some of they're "iconic" spells. Deal with it, like we do.
    Dafuq are you on? Charge has always stunned and when it wasn't usable in combat we had intercept for that and both in Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    To remedy that, they added the stun in Burning Crusade - which fixed the charge problems - but everyone said, "why not just make it a root instead of a stun? so that it doesnt serve as yet another interrupt?". They never responded - until now. It was never really meant to stun, just to make sure the charge reached the target properly - and shortly after - and as consequence - they added a sprint to Shadowstep to remedy the same problem for rogues.
    But this ISN'T TBC: everyone and their mom has root immunity/resistance today making warbringer mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    What about rogues then? They have more stuns and infinite gap closers? Burst of Speed, and Sprint, that shouldnt be necessary, bye bye Sprint. Cheapshot and Kidney Shot and Para Poison, bye bye Cheapshot...

Oh wait Rogues arent popular, which is all that matters in nerfs, not actual class balance but whatever the unwashed masses whine about the most.
    infinite? yeah more like one: shadowstep

Deleted
    Removing baseline stun from charge will fix warrior damage output for sure.

It's another strange change imo.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    If you genuinely think it's a buff because it helps against one spec, of one class, then I don't even know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    And you're right, Intercept had a stun and was usable in combat. Let's go back to that then, Warriors have *always* had a charge stun, was just called something different before. Just stop, please.

Would be nice if they also nerf Hunters/Mages this patch, if all they're nerfing is CC removing stun from Warrior charge but not touching the classes that actually have tons of CC would be hilariously retarded.

Deleted
    It is actually a buff. 3 second talent stun is better than 3second talent root. Default stun was so short it did not make any difference in 99,9% of the time. But if I wanted to get charge stun, I would give up double time so I cannot charge back as fast which is fatal in pvp specially against mages.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Isnt it just the opposite? You charge monk, dematerlize, wait till its over and fully shockwave and you kill him? Makes everything much easier, now you charge and then stun (or he runs away) and now your big stun is useless instead of the short charge one.

So its a nerf and a buff to monks.

I don't even play my warrior but if this goes through I'm going to be pissed.

Charge stun is fucking iconic, it's been there since vanilla, you don't just remove it. It's an iconic part of the most iconic warrior ability.

They're removing everything that makes specs/classes interesting or unique and all we're left with is boring husks.

They should have just nerfed/removed disrupting shout instead or something, or anything but charge stun.

It's not about PVE or PVP, it's about flavor and fun, and removing charge stun is a nerf to both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post

Charge stun is fucking iconic.
    who fucking cares, its to improve balance,warriors really dont need another stun, it also promotos more talent choices, now our first tier is a real option, either a 3 second stun or faster charges
    In fact, since warriors rarely need to use charge every 12 seconds you may find that warriors now will have ANOTHER 3 second stun if they pick warbringer

The stun was not iconic. The charge is. The charge is still there. The stun is still there if you want it. Stop crying.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Quite frankly I'm pissed and I don't even play a warrior.
    That stunning effect has been something so trademarked for them since vanilla, and now its been nerfed and replaced into a level 15 talent. -.-

All it will mean, is Juggernaut & Double Time talents have serious competition rather then a basic rooting effect, it will be to get your charge back to the way it was.
    The stun effect was implemented after vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Removing baseline stun from charge will fix warrior damage output for sure.

It's another strange change imo.
    nope after they nerf the shit out of charge,they then will nerf the shit out of warrior damage and other random shit.in turn making warriors useless,again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Remember back in Cata when they tried a similar idiocy of making charge stun DR so everyone went with the 3s Stun on Warbringer. Every warrior will spec Warbringer, you'd have to, roots dont work, too many freedom effects in game to stay on a target. Which I am sure all you caster players are hoping for, but instead of getting rooted you will get hit with a 3s stun then reck stormed on. That is your future. Better get some vaseline.
    i remember that crap.

I don't care about it being iconic or anything, but now every single stun that is available to a warrior has to be talented into. Kind of sucks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Yes, because I was totes being literal.

Herpaderp.

Point is, they have plenty of stuns (and hell, CC in general) in their repertoire, so a change to one of them isn't going to end their careers.
    Well, first, points off for using the word "totes" in any serious argument.

But name me a class that does not have a lot of CC in general. And yet it's always the warrior ones that get screwed with.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

I think the point was more to make the Warbringer talent competitive in the first tier, rather than just nerfing charge. Which it kind of has.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're going from 100 stuns to 99? The horror.
    going from 1 baseline stun and 3 talent-able to 3 talent-able.
    Currently, charge gives you one stun, double time gives you another, then you pick between shockwave and dragon roar for your second and then stormbolt for your last.
    With the change it will be warbringer gives a stun and the other 2 are the same.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I suppose their thinking was that if you take Warbringer, at least you can't charge as often - but I agree it's just going to make every warrior spec Warbringer. We might expect them to reduce Warbringer's stun to 2 seconds as a result.
    A 2s stun that DRs with all other stuns. So we get to go from a 1.5s stun that doesnt DR on a 12s CD to a 2s stun that does DR on a 20s CD. Are you serious! Rogues get a 6s stun on a 20s CD, and infinite mobility with burst of speed... if anyone actually made a reasonable comparison of the warrior utility kit against other top tier classes it does not come out ahead.

Might as well just fucking delete the class if they are going to do these half assed over nerfs to appease whiney casters yet again, while the Hunters/Mages that make Warriors too effective in 3v3, DONT GET NERFED, THEY ACTUALLY JUST BUFFED HUNTERS.

They did this shit already once this expansion, ruined us for an entire season, because KFC is too strong warriors have to get nerfed, while hunters get buffed yet fucking again. And this after ruining us for two seasons the expansion before, while at the same time giving rogues who were already overpowered FUCKING LEGENDARIES and the most OP trinket in the history of the game.

Ever since Cata Blizzard hasn't had a half decent idea when it comes to dealing with the warrior class, and that they are now going back to fucking up a core ability, which they already fucked up then unfucked last expansion in a very similar way, no hope for WoW PvP if they actually go through this idiocy, if they didnt manage to LEARN THE FUCKING LESSON OF THE SAME FAILED ASS BALANCING ATTEMPT IN CATA.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-02-01 at 05:56 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Stun was never key component of charge, double time was the mandatory talent for pvp and it still will be. Being able to charge two times is better than one charge every 20 seconds with stun. Charging two times without any cd is extremely important against casters.