10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Coachella 2014

A little late since the lineup was released earlier this month, but I wanted to share it with everyone here and see if anyone's going.

Some of the lineup is really weak(I'm looking at you Lana del Rey, Skrillex, and Duck Sauce), and I fully expect Lorde to be this year's Gotye from Coachella 2012(everyone shows up for the one song that they all know and then leaves and the stage is empty), but it makes up for it with Queens of the Stone Age and Motorhead and Arcade Fire and Kid Cudi and fucking Outkast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Deleted
    Out of that list i'd want to see Aloe Blacc, woodkid, qotsa, beck, calvin harris, motorhead and beady eye. I think it is pretty weak. I'm waiting for the full Isle of Wight line up to be announced which is looking decent so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I fully expect Lorde to be this year's Gotye from Coachella 2012(everyone shows up for the one song that they all know and then leaves and the stage is empty)
    Hardly, Her album Pure Heroine is godlike. I so wish I could go there !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Hardly, Her album Pure Heroine is godlike. I so wish I could go there !
    That's what everyone keeps saying, but maybe I just don't listen to the radio enough because I only know of that one song.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Out of that list i'd want to see Aloe Blacc, woodkid, qotsa, beck, calvin harris, motorhead and beady eye. I think it is pretty weak. I'm waiting for the full Isle of Wight line up to be announced which is looking decent so far.
    It is pretty weak overall, but the headliners are pretty cool. I've never seen Muse so I'm interested. Plus there's the fact that you're at Coachella living it up so I don't even care who's playing really.
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could go, I only live like an hour or two away. It's just so expensive x_X

I'd love to see glitch mob and queens of the stone age. Lorde is always good too.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what everyone keeps saying, but maybe I just don't listen to the radio enough because I only know of that one song.

It is pretty weak overall, but the headliners are pretty cool. I've never seen Muse so I'm interested. Plus there's the fact that you're at Coachella living it up so I don't even care who's playing really.
    Muse live is really cool. And I hear you about Lorde, if I hear Royals one more time I'll blow my brains out. That being said, listen to Glory and Gore from her, it's one of her better songs imo.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2014-02-01 at 05:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live about an hour as well and I'm on the fence about going. Gotta see if I have enough money to.

On my must-see list: Gareth Emery, Martin Garrix, Deorro, Michael Brun, Mako, Dillon Francis, TJR, GTA, RL Grime, MAKJ, Calvin Harris, Alesso, Zedd

Obviously you can tell what kind of music I like. On my non-EDM list, I really want to see Lana Del Rey, Aloe Blacc, A$AP Ferg, Chance, Capital Cities, Empire of the Sun, Pharrell, Chvrches, and Jhene Aiko

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I live about an hour as well and I'm on the fence about going. Gotta see if I have enough money to.

On my must-see list: Gareth Emery, Martin Garrix, Deorro, Michael Brun, Mako, Dillon Francis, TJR, GTA, RL Grime, MAKJ, Calvin Harris, Alesso, Zedd

Obviously you can tell what kind of music I like. On my non-EDM list, I really want to see Lana Del Rey, Aloe Blacc, A$AP Ferg, Chance, Capital Cities, Empire of the Sun, Pharrell, Chvrches, and Jhene Aiko
    Sahara tent would be your home, and it would be glorious.

It is quite pricey, but it's very worth it in my opinion. A weekend of not having to worry about anything but which awesome artist you want to see and at what time they're on. Hanging out with your friends all day drinking and just enjoying life. It's beautiful
    Accept your limitations.

10+ Year Old Account

A better option. Especially if you don't live out west. The coachella lineup is all over the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sahara tent would be your home, and it would be glorious.

It is quite pricey, but it's very worth it in my opinion. A weekend of not having to worry about anything but which awesome artist you want to see and at what time they're on. Hanging out with your friends all day drinking and just enjoying life. It's beautiful
    I'm currently on the waiting list for a study abroad program in Italy that begins the weekend of EDC. I told myself if I get into the program I'll sell my EDC ticket (already bought one) and use the money to go to Coachella instead, but if I don't get into the program I'll skip Coachella and go to EDC instead. I don't think I'd go to both festivals, I can afford it but I could also use that money elsewhere. I really hope I get into the program, though, I'd rather do that than go to either festival.

The good thing about Coachella is that its pretty close to me and I already have a lot of friends going that I would be camping with, if I end up going. I'd probably chip in for gas, alcohol and other little things, but the ticket is the main expense; whereas with EDC, I'd have to pay for transportation to Vegas (fly or drive, its expensive either way) as well as a hotel and the absurd amount of alcohol that I know I'm going to consume at all the clubs, and then there's gambling and buffets and etc. Last year I think I spent $1500 during EDC weekend, which to some regular Vegas-goers isn't much, but its certainly more expensive than Coachella. But between the two, I'd still pick EDC, just because of my music preferences.

Deleted

Oh god I completely overlooked Muse. Yea any music festival is what you make of it. It's just a big party where everyone wants to talk to you and hang out. I'd go if I could afford it. Do people brake into festivals over there like they used to do at Glasto over here?

Fatboy Slim...that nostalgia.

Would spend all the money I have (a lot less than I care to think) to see NMH Overall that lineup actually looks pretty awful, though.

Deleted
    Here in Sweden they are still beating the crap out of Royals but I am pretty sure atleast Tennis Court is pretty big in some countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post

A better option. Especially if you don't live out west. The coachella lineup is all over the map.

A better option.

Deleted
    This is a thread about Coachella, not a general festival thread. If you want to discuss other festivals line ups you can create your own thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    This is a thread about Coachella, not a general festival thread. If you want to discuss other festivals line ups you can create your own thread.
    I appreciate that, but I'm actually interested in other festivals that are going on. As it is I'm only aware of a few so anything to expand my festival going horizons is ok with me. Can I ask that it be ok for other festivals to be posted? A lot of festivals share the relatively same lineups as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Oh god I completely overlooked Muse. Yea any music festival is what you make of it. It's just a big party where everyone wants to talk to you and hang out. I'd go if I could afford it. Do people brake into festivals over there like they used to do at Glasto over here?
    Security is pretty on top of it. I remember walking from my camp spot to the bathrooms the first year I went and saw like 3 people hopping the fence and as soon as their feet hit the ground the cops were on them.

I'm sure there's a few people that make it through, but because of how prestigious the location is, the Empire Polo Club, they have to be on top of it pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post

That's sort of Coachella's thing though. It encompasses a huge variety of music for pretty much any genre due to the incredibly diverse crowd the festival attracts.
    Accept your limitations.

Deleted
    What do you all think of this lineup so far :

I think its decent, but last year was fucking epic (blondie, stone roses, paul weller, killers, bloc party, jake bugg, bon jovi to name a few)

I'm stil expecting big things when the full lineup comes out. But yea its got some big headliners.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2014-02-03 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're leaving tomorrow for Weekend 2 of Coachella and I am so stoked. Good music, good people, and good times about to be had all weekend.
    Accept your limitations.