Thread: Weapon choices

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Weapon choices

Quick question fellow windwalkers.

Just got Halberd of Inner Shadows (Flex version) http://www.wowhead.com/item=104813 and was wondering if it's a dps increase to get this twohander instead of my Seismic Bore (Lfr version) and Wu-Lai, Bladed Fan of the Consorts (Lfr version). Havn't had any luck in flex on 1 handed weapons yet.

Deleted
    Because the ilevel is low on Wu-Lai it should be a reasonable dps increase, roughly you should need a 13 ilevel upgrade for a two-hander to be better than two one-handers. So if you say 502+528 / 2 = 515, you'd need a 2hander of 528 for it to be an increase in overall damage.

Two LFR weapons from Siege would still probably outperform a 2 hander from Flex. But if you're still using one from ToT then you mightaswell use the polearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Two LFR weapons from Siege would still probably outperform a 2 hander from Flex. But if you're still using one from ToT then you mightaswell use the polearm.
    Not even close, a 12 ilvl difference is an 11.8% increase in stats and 2h is only about 5% more DPS than DW. The break-even point is much closer to 6 ilvls.

guys i have a another question is DW is huge dps increase for monks from 2h ?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    guys i have a another question is DW is huge dps increase for monks from 2h ?
    Its only huge if the ilvl gap is huge, if there is no ilvl gap then DW is better but only by a little.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch