Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    I really liked the scarlet concept! Hate those deathrattle minions so much. But yeah, while the other cards are cool, they need tweaking in terms of numbers. For example, the lightning burst, it's a 9 damage direct damage spell for only 6 mana. (costs 3 and has overload 3). Compare that to the mage one which costs 10 mana for 10 damage. It might be better to make it something like "8 damage for 4 mana with 4 overload" or "10 damage for 5 mana with 5 overload."
    A 5 mana 5 Overload "Pyroblast" would be unplayable and overpowered. The reasoning is very straightforward: The initial cost is too low for the very strong effect. The Overload doesn't matter if you're going to hit the face with it. Consider an aggro deck for example. If you know you have a card that deals 10 damage then you only have to deal 20 damage to the opponent before using that card.

Blizzard nerfed Pyroblast from 8 mana specifically because it came out too early and thus made the game more about rushing the opponent down instead of working the board.

For what it's worth, Shaman already has a direct damage Overload card at 3 mana: Lava Burst. Troll, at least do some research into the cards before making them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    A 5 mana 5 Overload "Pyroblast" would be unplayable and overpowered. The reasoning is very straightforward: The initial cost is too low for the very strong effect. The Overload doesn't matter if you're going to hit the face with it. Consider an aggro deck for example. If you know you have a card that deals 10 damage then you only have to deal 20 damage to the opponent before using that card.

Blizzard nerfed Pyroblast from 8 mana specifically because it came out too early and thus made the game more about rushing the opponent down instead of working the board.

For what it's worth, Shaman already has a direct damage Overload card at 3 mana: Lava Burst. Troll, at least do some research into the cards before making them!
    Well excuse me, I made it 9 damage and 3 overload because lightning bolt had 3 damage and 1 overlord, so I tripled it, guess it didnt work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    Well excuse me, I made it 9 damage and 3 overload because lightning bolt had 3 damage and 1 overlord, so I tripled it, guess it didnt work
    That is not how balancing works. You can make it a 10 cost Overload: 10 deal 30 damage. But that wont be considered balanced.

Here are some mage ideas:

Nielas Aran is the only one that I'm not sure about. The other cards though could work.

Arcane Power would change your Hero Power into Arcane Blast.
    [Fanfiction] Warcraft: Return of the Lich King: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-Lich-King

[Fanfiction] Overwatch: The Gentleman Thief: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...entleman-Thief

"Turns out, the power of the undead has its uses. Who knew?"

"Have YOU tried meditating when someone's punching you in the face?" (Note: Damaging armor wouldn't cancel the effect. Also, it should probably only cost 1 mana.)

"The one unchanging rule: Blood for blood."
    Last edited by paralellex; 2014-12-01 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Should be like 2 or 3 mana. Drawing a card generally costs around 1.5 to 2 mana, so denying your opponent's draw should be similarly costed, but slightly more expensive as you're messing with your opponent's deck. A freeze costs around 0.5 mana if you look at Frost Shock and Ice Lance, but against a hero would usually be worth less, as it's a useless effect in most circumstances.

Deleted
    ;_________________;

Yes, I'm gonna cry. 99% of "my" cards got deleted. And now I see new GvG cards and 2 of them use my ideas.

Dark Wispers - my version was 0 mana neutral legendary spell (name: Swarm of Wisps) that filled your board with Wisps with Charge. [It had exactly the same artwork, lol]
    Floating Watcher - my version (name: Observer) was rare 2/4 4drop (maybe it cost 3 mana... can't remember right now) that gained +1 (or +2) attack every time you damage your hero during your turn... [it had different artwork tho]

I'm happy that my ideas got into the game but I'm sad that I can't prove it ;< (I'm not accusing Blizzard of rip-off because they're somewhat changed... but even if they were exact rip-offs, I wouldn't mind. I would be even more happy, lol)

Here Mehman is calling my Swarm of Wisps OP (because it was OP xD): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28353220

Nobody has ever said anything about the other one ;<

ANYWAY, don't be surprised if you ever see a card that used your idea from this thread! :P (Blizzard watches us!)
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2014-12-02 at 08:50 PM.

Linking some old card idea's of mine, I would really like to make a full DK set someday:

Its like a Stranglethorn Tiger with 1 more health and costing 1 more mana, but has a change to kill an enemy beast and to get stronger atleast. I figured if the shark would succesfully kill an enemy beast he would be way too powerfull in stealth, so I think its better to unstealth him in that case. Otherwise its still a 5/6 with stealth if you don't get anything extra to kill.

An idea for a neutral card where you can get extra value the longer you keep him alive.

Even more zoo madness:

This pretty much means that it can end up hitting one of your minions, or one of the heroes.

Deleted

Deleted
    No idea if this card is balanced but anyway...

Can't post links yet,

Circle of Life: 6 mana, spell, deal 3 damage to an enemy minion which deal its damage to an adjacent minion which deals its damage to an adjacent minion etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CedanHG View Post
    Circle of Life: 6 mana, spell, deal 3 damage to an enemy minion which deal its damage to an adjacent minion which deals its damage to an adjacent minion etc.
    So... 6 mana deal 3 damage to all enemy minions?

10+ Year Old Account

You have a about 33% of getting Faerie Dragon/Azure Drake/Twilight Drake/Whelp, but for the other 66% you can get the Emerald Drake/Any of the Legendaries.

It's a cool idea methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post

You have a about 33% of getting Faerie Dragon/Azure Drake/Twilight Drake/Whelp, but for the other 66% you can get the Emerald Drake/Any of the Legendaries.

It's a cool idea methinks.
    Apart from it being far too good, it also doesn't work, you can not have a deathrattle activate a potential targetable ability like a battlecry.

That's why I specifically said that it can activate the battlecry (like you'd have to wait until the start of your turn though).

Also for balance, you could push the mana cost up a little bit. I feel like anything above 6 mana would defeat the purpose of it though.

What do you guys think?

Feel free to critique it or make changes to it. I just like the concept of it.

Edit, Meant to put "random opponents card from last game into your hand."

Edit, Meant to put "random opponents card from last game into your hand.

Opinions? Torn between 3-4 mana, because it's basically a lesser Shadowflame that can also target the enemy player. Might even lean to 5 mana.

Adding another one. I think this could have some insane plays. Like targeting an enemy abomination and wipe the entire board.

When the enemy minion dies without popping the secret, as in trading it into another minion, the secret pops and fails.

Typo in the mage secret: it's obviously "minion"
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2014-12-16 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hei Bai View Post
    So I was thinking about a Majordomo Staghelm concept for a legendary.

The idea would be that he keeps turning into flame cat or scorpion based on turns or number of minions present on board.

if he keeps changing turn by turn, maybe he could go into the cat form as a battlecry and it would need charge so you can actually attack with it before scorpion form. Then at the end of your turn (or the start) he could change to scorpion and so on.

If the shapeshift is minion based, flame cat could be 2 or less, scorpion could be 3 or more. Something like that it's not that relevant how you divide it. The card would need a battlecry that decides the form based on the rule, and It would be cool it triggered somehow again and again at the start of your turn so the form would change based on board.

I was thinking the card could cost 8 for 4 attack and 12 health (at least). he needs high health I think so he has a chance to shapeshift before killed. Of course the current form would inherit the remaining health of the previous form (or not so you would have to kill it in one turn, that could be interesting too).

So ideas for the cat form: I thought it would be fun if you hit the cat but not kill it, it would summon a copy with the remaining health (and it would be textless so just a body). Another one is that maybe it could do double damage back to the opponent if attacked.

Scorpion: the only thing it did in wow is cleave so I thought either it could hit an opponent and deal 2 damage to the adjacent minions (2 for each, so 8 dmg total) or hit the opponent and deal 1 dmg to everyone else (swipe style).

Both forms currently would be 4 attack 12 health for 8 or 9 mana. If their abilities used well it could ramp up around 8 dmg.
    So what do you think? My problem is that it's way too complicated to put in card texts efficiently. I tried and it was a mess
    First off major domo starts in scorpion form. I would give it the ability to charge and cleave. 4/12 isn't bad stat wise for 9 cost minion. Then at the start of your turn he morphs into 12/4 cat form with no cleave.

or since this is a druid deck we are considering it would be choose 1 cat or scorpion form that would make it 5 cost either 6/6 with charge or 6/10 with cleave.

Deleted

A Rogue Mid-range-y Legendary
    Basically, you auto-place this minion on the board free of cost whenever you draw him, this also activates combos.
    This is playing on Taran's ability in MoP to go somewhere, then instantly leave only to reappear later in the storyline.