Deleted

Looking for build help :)

hello there, I am looking to build myself a gaming pc(which I also plan to do streaming on) and my friend who frequently browses the forums/website suggested asking you guys for help and advice since I am not amazing at this kind of thing so here goes

I am looking at around a £2000 budget(yes I am from the UK pip pip cheerio and all that rubbish :P) and am looking to run at 1080p resolution, my main games at the moment are things like dark souls / league of legends / Tomb Raider / BioSchock Infinite / Borderlands 2(the last three only just work on minimal settings)
    I plan on playing the likes of Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall when they are out as well as many others haha.

I hope to be-able to play them at the high or ulta high settings if possible(I know DS1 and Titanfall are not out yet so what they will need for high and ultra will be at best speculation to run them at those settings at a guess )

The only peripheral I would possibly need to get would be a new monitor at some point(for duel monitoring) as one of the two I currently have is decent as it is at the moment but my other could do with being replaced at some point. I could also do with a decent 7.1 sound card for my head set as the one I currently have is just a cheap one I got to put me on until I am able to get my new pc(needed it for my Razer Timat haha)

I currently have a ASUS PCE-AC66 wireless card which is pretty much the only thing I am going to be reusing

Also as said before I plan to be streaming at some point and hopefully do some form of lets plays amongst other things on youtube in the future

and any advice on getting things set up would be MUCHLY appreciated since this will be my first build(had to drag myself away from sites such as overclockersUK as i could more than likely build a better computer for half the price my self :3 with help and advice from you guys of course ^^)

sorry for such a long post and hope i have given adequate info for what is desired ^_^

EDIT: Also im not going to be building immediately i still have a small ways to go till i have my full funds(only like £450 which should not take that long :3)
    Last edited by mmoce13daa52c1; 2014-02-01 at 09:33 AM. Reason: forgot to add something ^^

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£233.99 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler (£59.56 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£101.98 @ Dabs)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£124.78 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.47 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (£223.66 @ Amazon UK)
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card (£57.19 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£76.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£79.49 @ CCL Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (£72.50 @ Ebuyer)
    Monitor: Asus VN248H 23.8" Monitor (£169.48 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £1302.08
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-01 11:59 GMT+0000)

No real reason to honestly go higher than that. You could get a 500GB SSD if you wanted, or go for the Essence One STX sound card, but that's pretty much it. Heh, to tell it all you could go for a 6core CPU as well, but it would only really benefit streaming and would be pretty useless in games while costing ~300£ more. The build also offers the possibility of going Crossfire in the future when you're not satisfied with your GPU performance anymore and should be pretty quiet as well.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2014-02-01 at 12:06 PM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£233.99 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler (£59.56 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: GeIL EVO CORSA Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£60.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£124.78 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.47 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (£279.32 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case (£62.90 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£79.49 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £1287.46
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-01 12:05 GMT+0000)

Gone for the GTX770 for NVidia's Shadowplay software and made minor changes to the RAM and the case.

Deleted
    Why thank you very much guys and as a side note would either of you have any advice on setting things up? such as common first time builder mistakes? or just generally thing I should avoid while setting things up?

EDIT: oh also, how do you believe these will fare for upgrades in the future?
    Last edited by mmoce13daa52c1; 2014-02-01 at 05:45 PM.

I think with the 2 new games coming out, you would probably be best to just go SLI/Crossfire setup now at the start so your not having to scramble or be disappointed in the future if they dont play well at max with that setup. i would also increase memory to 16gb personally.

Deleted

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£243.88 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler (£57.89 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: GeIL EVO CORSA Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£60.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£123.49 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.43 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (£399.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£76.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£63.98 @ Dabs)
    Total: £1413.60
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-01 20:41 GMT+0000)

took tenangrys build and made a few changes. while still beeing 600 under ur budget i added a more powerful gpu, added a nice case and went with a more silent and better cpu cooler. with this u will have no trouble playing and streaming everything on high/ultra the next 2-3 years.
    Last edited by mmocd7afc5e097; 2014-02-01 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfon26 View Post
    -sni-
    It seems like you can afford it, so I would suggest you pick up velociraptor for storage. You seem to plan to play a lot of games, if you are like me and have a ton of games (I think mine adds up to over 300GB's atm, here's my steam.) it will make all the games load up a bit faster. While you can keep your favorites on SSD (for steam you want two separate libraries, one on SSD one on HDD).

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/west...ive-wd1000chtz

Oh and you prolly ment DS2 is not out yet
    By the way, my budget was way lower but while playing DS1 my r9 270x sat at 50%-ish usage whole time.

Wandering to the side from the topic, what's up with the crappy DS1 camera? How are you able to stand it :O

- - - Updated - - -

Why thank you very much guys and as a side note would either of you have any advice on setting things up? such as common first time builder mistakes? or just generally thing I should avoid while setting things up?

EDIT: oh also, how do you believe these will fare for upgrades in the future?
    Sure. One thing you should try and avoid: if a cable doesn't fit MAKE TRIPPLE SURE it is supposed to! Sometimes first time cable fit can be somewhat hard, meaning there's a moderate amount of force you need to use, for example on SSD instalation connecting SATA cable to the drive. So BE DAMN SURE your cable hole aligns with the cut out on the socket and try to keep hand steady or you can possibly break the drive :/ and such damage won't be covered by the warranty.
    Also make sure to apply thermal paste equally, watch some videos if you have to.
    When putting in GPU/RAM, make sure it's all the way in.
    For the first time you turn it on, leave the case side open to make sure all the fans are spinning, don't panic if they don't! My Sapphire Dual-X r9 270x fans start spinning 1-2s after the rest, for some reason. That said, PSU/CPU/case fans should start up as soon as you click the power button.

After you complete instalation, get some monitoring software, like HWMonitor, then play some games and check your Max temps after (or alt tab after 5-10mins), CPU over 80C and GPU over 90C could indicate a problem.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-02-03 at 08:16 AM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Thank you very much for the input guys, ill let you know how it goes once its built up :£ *big thank you hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Wandering to the side from the topic, what's up with the crappy DS1 camera? How are you able to stand it :O
    I just use and xbox controller which works the camera fine for me :P i tried it with mouse and keyboard at first though, and i must say it made by head hurt a lot x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use and xbox controller which works the camera fine for me :P i tried it with mouse and keyboard at first though, and i must say it made by head hurt a lot x.x
    I know, right?
    It was the only 'difficult' thing about DS1, I feel like the 'you will die' thing is overrated >.> I beat the Asylum first boss without any deaths, the first time I died was to 2 skellies outside Asylum, and that was because the camera was all over the damn place -_-
    I kept repeatedly dying due to camera jumping all over, and when you tried to move the camera, your character would also turn, sigh. Gave up on that camera.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I know, right?
    It was the only 'difficult' thing about DS1, I feel like the 'you will die' thing is overrated >.>
    its totally not overrated for me haha i have spent more time dead than anything else xD from what i have heard of number 2 im gonna spend 1% of my time playing the game and 99% on the "you have died" screen xD

Deleted
    well the build is done now(after about a week of head scratching and getting someone in to give me a hand) now i just have to decide on weather i want to keep the sound-card or the wireless card(which i bought a few months back)

there is one small problem though, my cd drive i took from my old computer had nowhere to plug in on the Z87-A mind you it is an ancient cd drive though, so im going to assume i will just need a new one? :s

well the build is done now(after about a week of head scratching and getting someone in to give me a hand) now i just have to decide on weather i want to keep the sound-card or the wireless card(which i bought a few months back)

there is one small problem though, my cd drive i took from my old computer had nowhere to plug in on the Z87-A mind you it is an ancient cd drive though, so im going to assume i will just need a new one? :s
    You can also do without as long as you don't use CDs. Basically everything is downloadable or transferable with an USB flash drive nowadays anyways.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account

If you decide to buy a new one, buy external one