Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    A couple of things, the fact that I'm one of the veterans from Vanilla, the fact that I might be ruled a little by the Seven Deadly Sins, especially Pride, but perhaps also because that unlike so many of these "kids" I play for fun, and don't take things so serious.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2014-02-01 at 10:15 AM.

ganking lowbies makes me feel superior.

Being a druid in a guild named "Arch Druid" hehe

The fact that I'm the poorest geared healer in my Normal mode raiding guild, yet often top the meters. I'm talking about a 20 Ilvl difference between me and the others.
    I was then told later that skills aren't everything. Ehm, okay.

Deleted
    the size of my ego

Generally, it's my Title(s) & Challenge Mode Gear.

Currently running with {name}, the Fearless which is nice, and the full Monk Challenge Mode set which looks really amazing in my opinion. I also like my Reins of Galakras, it's a nice mount that not many have earned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    The fact that I'm the poorest geared healer in my Normal mode raiding guild, yet often top the meters. I'm talking about a 20 Ilvl difference between me and the others.
    I was then told later that skills aren't everything. Ehm, okay.
    Skill isn't everything. Just that point is past normal raiding. There is a point where all it takes to be better then someone else is the time you can put into it. Eg. World first kills. It has nothing to do with skill, Just how much time you can throw at the boss until it falls over. The top 10k* players have all the skill that is needed to be in a world first kill, just not the time.

*I would even be willing to say top 50k.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Skill isn't everything. Just that point is past normal raiding. There is a point where all it takes to be better then someone else is the time you can put into it. Eg. World first kills. It has nothing to do with skill, Just how much time you can throw at the boss until it falls over. The top 10k* players have all the skill that is needed to be in a world first kill, just not the time.

*I would even be willing to say top 50k.
    It has everything to do with knowing your class and mechanics though, knowing how to maximize your playstyles performance.
    Say, we've got a person that doesn't swap talents depending on bossses, doesn't swap gems around to optimize, doesn't move well, dies to a lot of shit. Theres a skillcap difference for that reason alone. I'm sat at 540, they're at 560. I'm still beating them by 33% at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    This !

When my main is full flex geared and I deliver nearly the same dps than 50-70% heroic geared player I know I'm doing right. (outside really geared lock, these can't be touched it's insane).
    Right, either you have no idea what you're talking about or the people you are playing with are utter baddies. The scaling of damage with gear actually makes this practically impossible assuming both players are adequately skilled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    It has everything to do with knowing your class and mechanics though, knowing how to maximize your playstyles performance.
    Say, we've got a person that doesn't swap talents depending on bossses, doesn't swap gems around to optimize, doesn't move well, dies to a lot of shit. Theres a skillcap difference for that reason alone. I'm sat at 540, they're at 560. I'm still beating them by 33% at least.
    I agree, the ability to adapt and optimize faster than others is what sets people apart, especially in world first races.

Deleted
    camping lower levels for as long as i can, really flexes my epeen.

I don't rage for nothing, I don't fail at tactics while doing more dps than anyone else in the group, I have played the game for quite a while and pretty much know all kinds of WoW-things inside and out...things like that, you know? I do not think I'm the best player ofcourse, that would be absurd but I do consider myself to be one of the best on my server.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually worse than a lot of players in terms of skill (judging by the forums, I guess I should have quit a long time ago) but I take pride in being a good person and having a positive attitude, being open to learning and constructive criticism. I don't think I have the chops to be a progressive heroic raider or world class PvPer, but I still manage to have fun.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Deleted
    1. On my healer, topping healing meters whilst having the least overhealing.
    2. On my tank, knowing went to pop cool downs, surviving, not letting anyone get beat on.
    3. On my DPS, topping meters and surviving.
    4. Getting those tiers (not so much anymore but back before LFR that felt good)
    5. Making alot of G on the AH.
    6. Doing some sort of glory of the .... achievement for a mount.
    7. Dinging 90 on an alt.
    8. Climbing ranks on wowprogress.

Deleted
    That I'm always right.

No but really, I guess I have a sort of reputation amongst the realms raiding community in that a lot of them know who I am for reasons I won't go into. I guess having Shadowmourne and wearing the tabard is comething that stands out a bit but I don't go riding my highhorse with it. A few years back I held quite a lot of power over the Argent Dawn RP'ers community whatwith my rank IC. It felt pretty good writing/directing/leading near one-hundred peoples actions both OOC and IC.

10+ Year Old Account
    My rating as well as my self made transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing..... The moment I'd use a video game to feel better than everybody would possibly be the moment I'd consider to turn myself in at some mental health institute.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Listening to good music makes me feel like a boss sometimes.

Reading wow forums, both official and this one here; seeing the absolutely retarded complaints/suggestions some people come up with and thinking "Well I'm not quite that dumb." to myself. Not that there aren't noteworthy good posts here and there too.

In-game.../shrug. I don't exactly feel better than everyone else but feels nice to be well known on your realm, to have a reputation as a pvp beast or top quality dps or whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2014-02-01 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    Right, either you have no idea what you're talking about or the people you are playing with are utter baddies. The scaling of damage with gear actually makes this practically impossible assuming both players are adequately skilled.
    That bit, I know from my own experience that back when I was in full flex gear, I always out-dpsed two other hunters that always came along, one was in full normal with a heroic weapon, the other was half and half.

It's a skill/experience thing.

Any decent heroic raider will of course piss all over someone in lesser gear.

Finding a cool name that isn't already taken.