Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

It would be barely possible for people 20+ to squish out some time to play this game

I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

However, I found that loads of people who are 21+ still play this game.

So the question is: How do you get the fucking time?

What about it takes any decent amount of time?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Perhaps you should get better at time management? Not hard to focus on a hobby outside of work/friends/gf. You don't need to play very much to succeed in this game. A few hours a week is more than enough.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Time machine obviously. We play for a few hours, then return to the start of the evening so we can finish what we should've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Time machine obviously. We play for a few hours, then return to the start of the evening so we can finish what we should've done.
    the worst abuse of a time machine is to succeed in a mmo.
    Hi

I lead a terribly boring life so I have plenty of time to play.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. This game doesn't take a large amount of time to play, want to know why? Because it's a fucking game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone doesn't have a few free hours a week to have fun then I'd say they're taking on a bit too much.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

-shrugs-

I work a full time job and have few social responsibilities, so I have quite a lot of time to play if I wish. But even when I was working full time and a part time job, I still managed to pop on a few hours a week and run around mindlessly kiling things to try and wind my brain down. I haven't been a 20-something for a while now, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work full time (40 hours a week) and go to school full time as well. I still have time to do raids on at least 4 of my 6 90s, and have legendary cloaks on 4. There is plenty of time to play the game and still have a normal life. Can I spend ALL DAY, EVERY DAY playing? No, but there isn't a need for that unless you're in a hardcore heroic raiding guild... which is like... 1% of the WoW community.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Adults spend an average of 4 hours a day watching television. Nobody seems to wonder how they get the time to do it. Swap 4 hours of TV for 4 hours of gaming and suddenly you're a no-life addict

I'm lucky that I don't have a typical 9 to 5 job, so I get plenty of time to do what I want.

Deleted
    Live in civilized country where you need to work "only" ~40h per week.
    Stop being normalfag (sorry for 4cancer term) and stop having social life.
    Enjoy playing games.
    I'm over 30.

Learn to deal with putting your other hobbies on hold during progress.

Most of my guild works full time jobs and we've been top 20 in 25 mans all expansion. We raid one day a week now, sometimes an extra hour or so on a second day, because that's all it takes.

Deleted
    Don't have kids and partner is fairly understanding of my hobby

I work 6am-2pm,get whatever I need to get done before 6pm and then have the rest of the night to do whatever.

People who say they don't have the time are the same people who waste 45mins at a time doing random things or spend a few hours watching TV and wonder where the time went.

I can understand if you have to take work home and finish it, or if you have to work more than 40 hours a week, but plenty of people don't

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Adults spend an average of 4 hours a day watching television. Nobody seems to wonder how they get the time to do it. Swap 4 hours of TV for 4 hours of gaming and suddenly you're a no-life addict

I'm lucky that I don't have a typical 9 to 5 job, so I get plenty of time to do what I want.
    That's pretty much it. Most of my friends, even the ones not playing WoW, doesn't watch TV.

Obviously you can't if you juggle three jobs, have five wives with two kids each while completing four masters and preparing for an ironman triathlon

Deleted
    At one point I was clocking 40 hours at work and 60 on wow in a week, I think I had a problem back then, mind you someone somewhere will be doing more and it wont be a problem!

Its hard to keep a hardcore raiding schedule when you also have work, school, family, and other social commitments on a normal basis. Its easy to do anything BUT hardcore raiding though, which is why I stopped raiding awhile back. You have to close yourself off to a lot of other activities if you want to do a 10+ hour raiding schedule though, mostly because it requires near 100% attendance, which as you can imagine is harder for adult players do. One night a week is much easier, I might actually try and find one like that when I come back for WoD.

While I found it simple to keep up on my responsibilities while also doing 9 hrs of raiding a week, I just got really tired of having to constantly turn other opportunities down because I had to make a raid. And than when I tried doing that less and just skipping raiding a few times, guild didn't much like (understandably) that which led to me quitting.
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2014-02-01 at 10:35 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey

I work full time as well , and usually have a shitty work schedule , also have a wife who needs a lot of my time :P , but still i manage to play every day like 2 hours sometimes more - after im finished with work and my duties at home.. as for a week it means like at least 2 raids (max 3 overall)for me and all of the flex parts with 2 characters.