Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 24, work full time and my schedule is so fucking random I never know what to expect.

Still able to raid late night with guild, do RL shit, etc.

I mean really, you get like 7+ hours a day to do whatever you need after getting off work at which point it will be most likely 12 AM if you work the day shift. Most people get off work around 4-5. I get off at 5.

How do you not find time to play WoW with over 7 hours? Terrible time management obviously. All you need is 8 hours of sleep, and we're not even talking weekends here!

Deleted
    Pretty sure OP is just a dude trying to tell everyone he's so cool, he can't set aside a few hours a week to play WoW, and the rest of us probably have no life. Just don't feed the troll people

I am 23 years old, I work 40-50h/week, I have a girlfriend and i also play world of warcraft. Take your time. It is no problem at all. I also play other games when i find time and/or not in the mood to play wow. Sure, I am no longer playing as much as i played 4 years ago but I still have fun in the game and play enough to be "successful"
    <inactive>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post

And based on the excessive amounts of Facebook posts from people who "have lives" I'll take my nerdy life over that ghetto drama any day.
    How true is this? People who spend time playing a computer game are sad with no life but people who take photographs of sausage and chips and every other single of piece of shite in their day and put it on Facebook are cool.

Personally I raid 3 nights a week at 3 hours a pop, not pushing any form of progression envelope, work full time Mon - Fri and have time to do whatever else I really want to do inbetween. It's all about balance.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

However, I found that loads of people who are 21+ still play this game.

So the question is: How do you get the fucking time?
    What? It's easy to have time for it, play when you are not working and have nothing else important to do.

Unless you work 24 hours a day you will find time for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

1. I only have 2 toons
    2. I only play Friday / Sat
    3. I've been working out of the same mats mule for 3 years
    4. I don't PvP
    5. I seldom raid

Uh, I am 32 and I have a wife and 3 year old. I also work in a car dealership where I put in anywhere from 60-70 hours a week. I play about an hour or two at night and on Sundays when the dealership is closed. It isn't difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Sounds like a horrible day to me. Living like a robot. And why on earth you go to gym twice a day...
    I don't do them at those EXACT times.
    If work is busy, I may have to skip lunch.. or at an hour later.. or earlier.
    I may decide to sleep in and skip gym every now and then.
    The point I was making was it's possible to raid reliaibly AND do your daily chores AND have a job AND eat.
    I go to the gym twice a day to lose weight. I know, it's awfully unamerican to do that instead of pigging out... also, somewhat related, it's nice to get out of the apartment. I lack the usual social skills most people seem to naturally have -- so that's my outlet. I don't like being out too much. Feels weird. So gym twice a day is enough to balance it out for me.

Of course, you may dislike reading books -- I enjoy it. You may dislike drinking alcohol -- I enjoy it. You may dislike karaoke -- I enjoy it. I don't need to justify why I like them. They are my outlets.
    Last edited by ElDoorO; 2014-02-04 at 04:36 PM.

Personally I ask the opposite, how do people in school manage to play this game. If I played when I was studying I probably wouldn't have graduated lol.

And I actually don't know anyone below 18 playing this game.

I'm 28, full-time job, 2 young kids. I play in the evenings after the kids are in bed, and I still find time to raid. Our guild is full of other people with families, obligations, and time contraints. We're able to pull of some heroics, usually 2-3 raid nights a week. Farming for mats tends to suffer, but we share what we have with the guild bank and provide it to our members at raidtime. It works out just fine for us.

Deleted
    People what dont have time doing what they like doing are jsut stupid. You will regret when you will be near death that you spent so much time pointless working and doing boring activitis. I would never happend let work or famyli or anyone els affect my hobbies or life style.

If you are single, no kids, M-F 9-5 Job, easy peasy lots of time :P

OP filled the nets on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got me thinking about my typical day and what I spend it doing.

12:00AM ~ 5:45AM Sleeping
    5:45AM ~ 7:00AM Waking up, getting ready for work, take dogs outside, eat breakfast, feeding dogs, etc...
    7:00AM ~ 7:30AM Driving to work
    7:30PM ~ 4:00PM Work
    4:00PM ~ 4:30PM Driving home from work
    4:30PM ~ 4:45PM Get changed, take dogs out
    4:45PM ~ 5:30PM Gym/exercise with wife
    5:30PM ~ 6:00PM Eat dinner, feed dogs.
    6:00PM ~ 6:30PM Shower
    6:30PM ~ 10:00PM Free time
    10:00PM ~ 10:15PM Brush teeth, take dogs out, get ready for bed.
    10:15PM Go to bed

I have about three and half hours a day in free time. So if I never wanted to do anything with my wife or never watch anything on live TV (like sports) I might be able to raid during the week. But, I'd pretty much have every single min. of the day planned out, with zero free time to take care of stuff that came up. A few ilevels just isn't worth it to me.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Not everybody over the age of 20 is an investment banker who works 80 hours a week or married with kids.

It's incredibly easy to put time aside for gaming

10+ Year Old Account
    The other diffiuclt thing with raiding as opposed to watching TV or even playing a single player game is you can pause it. Back when I raided, that was like a 3-4 hour block where the only thing I was doing was playing WoW, with a few piss break scattered here and there. If I'm watching TV or playing a single player game (even WoW but not raiding) I can walk away for 10 mins if I need to do something.

That's a big deal that isn't talked about as much as it should be. The ability to stop what you're doing temporarily (more than a couple min piss break) and come back just isn't there with raiding.

And it's especially important if your spouse isn't a gamer or you have kids.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-02-04 at 05:46 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Not everybody over the age of 20 is an investment banker who works 80 hours a week or married with kids.

It's incredibly easy to put time aside for gaming
    Read the above post to get an idea what the problem is for anyone with an actual normal schedule built around a full-time job. He couldn't be in any raiding group that stays on past 10pm (at worst, 11) and nothing earlier than 6pm (if he pushed showering to a different time of day and combined it with brushing teeth). That's assuming his wife "understands" he needs that time alone, he doesn't end up with kids and he doesn't start having sleep deprivation. Yes, "real raiding hours" are fairly difficult for anyone with a "typical life."

That's not to say there isn't a raiding group he couldn't go with if he searched long enough, but he could never be a "serious raider" who has the time to invest in min/maxing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Read the above post to get an idea what the problem is for anyone with an actual normal schedule built around a full-time job. He couldn't be in any raiding group that stays on past 10pm (at worst, 11) and nothing earlier than 6pm (if he pushed showering to a different time of day and combined it with brushing teeth). That's assuming his wife "understands" he needs that time alone, he doesn't end up with kids and he doesn't start having sleep deprivation. Yes, "real raiding hours" are fairly difficult for anyone with a "typical life."

That's not to say there isn't a raiding group he couldn't go with if he searched long enough, but he could never be a "serious raider" who has the time to invest in min/maxing.
    I don't really see how that relates to my post, but you're making the assumption that WoW = raiding or bust.

WoW has never been just about raiders, even if it's one of the main selling points, especially pre LFR, most people never bothered raiding and the statistics backed that up

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Personally I ask the opposite, how do people in school manage to play this game. If I played when I was studying I probably wouldn't have graduated lol.

And I actually don't know anyone below 18 playing this game.
    I played almost everyday while I was in school, and I graduated haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I go to school full-time and work part-time (used to be full-time) and I still manage to play the game fairly successfully. Heroic raids, high-end PvP, etc. It's all about time management, which is a tricky thing for a lot of people to master.

I don't have a husband or kids, so that helps too. Lollers.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw