Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kickstarter: Cradle

New RPG on the horizon... Cradle.

Running with Cry Engine, this game looks phenomenal (graphically) so far.. Can't wait to see more and hopefully they'll hit their pledge!
    What do you think?

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1324765189/cradle

Bunch of amateurs and the stuff they show off is not even remotely impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of artifacts is just terrible. Even though it looked decent overall, that was just very upsetting. How can you enjoy a game when so many objects appear and then dissapear again for no real reason. It's very distracting.

Another thing is, look at that "team" lol. Just a bunch of kids who haven't hit puberty yet. I'm sorry I'd never donate anything to a team like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    The amount of artifacts is just terrible. Even though it looked decent overall, that was just very upsetting. How can you enjoy a game when so many objects appear and then dissapear again for no real reason. It's very distracting.

Another thing is, look at that "team" lol. Just a bunch of kids who haven't hit puberty yet. I'm sorry I'd never donate anything to a team like that.
    Wow, chillax dude. You have some unresolved issues there, don't you?

I've seen it already, it looks like they have some decent artists (at least concept art looks very nice) but anything related to the actual game design just seems like throwing out buzzwords

I have to disagree with you. There were no artifacts in that video at all. If you're referring to the tiny blinking white lights, those were clearly intentional atmospheric effects, not graphical artifacts. Looks amazing in my opinion. Also, I look forward to a game produced by youthful developers who haven't been jaded by corporate influences.

I'll back it.

That is how a lot of companies started off, go look at old Blizzard development pictures. How about John Carmack and his team, seen below:

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1193/5...d3faa19e_o.jpg

I don't care about the project, but your comment was silly.

Actually they look pretty talented for their age. Very impressive.

Deleted
    I say that the project look impressive, but first person RPG are not my cup of tea, so meh

Good luck, they are young and I do wish all the best to them.

The only genre the graphics ever mattered in are single player FPS. These people seem to focus on graphics in an RPG which is stupid.

Deleted
    Seems decent. I will put it on reminder and have a look when it is about to end. Trying to cut down on the amount of pledges i do, that site is evil.

They should consider fixing some of their grammar mistakes. When you've got an image saying one of your classes is the "Tempset Sage" instead of the actual name, Tempest Sage, you might have a problem with people taking you seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    That is how a lot of companies started off, go look at old Blizzard development pictures. How about John Carmack and his team, seen below:

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1193/5...d3faa19e_o.jpg

Difference is, everyone back then looked like that. Theres a difference between looking like kids now and back then. I personally hope almsot every Kickstarter fails. Haven't seen any kickstarter game project that actually delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Difference is, everyone back then looked like that. Theres a difference between looking like kids now and back then. I personally hope almsot every Kickstarter fails. Haven't seen any kickstarter game project that actually delivered.
    Um, question. How does the look of a development team affect the game in any way? I don't care for the game, but what is the point of comments like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I guess silly is just a matter of perspective then. Silly would be giving money to a bunch of kids with no published titles to their name with a very idealistic pitch in my book. Carmack was actually delivering a product at that age not soliciting financing. There is a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Um, question. How does the look of a development team affect the game in any way? I don't care for the game, but what is the point of comments like this?
    There is nothing wrong with team members looking like kids or being ugly in this industry since its all about their technical abilities in programming, animation and 3D moddeling and ability to work with each others in smaller teams.

With that said, it is a good thing having people looking fairly respectable and grown up in PR videos and photos these days, even if its just for the general impression its giving the players about your studio and how serious the project is. In short, this is not the 80s/90s anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I personally hope almsot every Kickstarter fails.
    What kind of person says that? Why would you like to see people's dreams and ambitions fail? That's messed up. If you are not interested in the project just ignore it.

On topic : I think there are way to many RPG's coming out of kickstarter soon ish. Between Torment and Eternity....i think we'll get our dose of RPG's soon enough.

A game is not judged by the good looks of the developers nor by the age of them, not sure what flaming the developers will accomplish because they look young or because they don't look pretty. Only ignorant players get impressed by fancy trailers with no substance that most developers and publishers pull these days that have only one purpose which is to impress without showing you anything important.

I saw action combat. No thanks.