So I've been thinking about Warlords of Draenor and Mists and all of the previous expansions really in terms of music/soundtracks and direction/feel of each sound in each one.
I thought I'd ask the rest of the community what is their personal favourite expansion for music and why, and then a specific track from the games history that makes you tingle AND finally, whether you think the quality in music has gone up or down since Vanilla and finally what you think the general theme of the music might be in WoD.
1. Favourite expansion for music theme-wise &why?
2. Favourite individual track from games history &why?
3. Do you think the overall quality of the music in WoW has decreased/increased since vanilla &why?
4. What are we to expect from WoD music, do you think?
- - - Updated - - -
I should probably answer it myself first
2. Login screen theme from Vanilla
3. Has it's ups and downs but overall it's gone down a little I think. Loved the querky tracks in Mists and 'Jainas Homeland' is in my top five, disliked the Wardrum-esque from siege.
4. Hopefully not the poor orcish-themed music we had in Mists. I didn't really enjoy much of TBC soundtrack either so I hope it's all improved upon! EDIT: I just gave the WoD music overview a listen and I'm given a huge amount of confidence.