Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Goodbye to double load screen on raid wipe ?

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...49674635472896

Originally Posted by Watcher
    The goal for WoD is to have players release directly to the start of the instance, inside. No double load screen.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, that sounds like a really good change.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I don't see any reason this is a bad thing but I also don't see any way it improves the game other then only 1 load screen.

Inb4 people crying about how this dumbs down the game....

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting minor change. I approve of it nonetheless.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I don't see any reason this is a bad thing but I also don't see any way it improves the game other then only 1 load screen.

Well, would not say dumbing the game down, but this game is losing flavor with every patch. All these small "stupid" things that seemingly does not matter is what gives this game its unique taste.

Personally I hope that you atleast end up in Ghost Form inside the raid when you release and then have to ressurect either by waiting or running back to the boss you wiped on.

This is useful indeed. It's not like your corpse was miles away from the instance and you were required to complete a mini puzzle to get back in.

If it applies to 5 mans, you no longer have to worry about idjuts not being able to find the entrance. Also somewhat decent for soloing raids that can actually kill you...

Deleted
    It's useful for quite a few strange instances where no one actually knows where the entrance is. Other than that I think it's a tad sad. As Firefly said that was just "flavor". Everyone knows the WoW spirit resurrection even if they don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Well, would not say dumbing the game down, but this game is losing flavor with every patch. All these small "stupid" things that seemingly does not matter is what gives this game its unique taste.

Personally I hope that you atleast end up in Ghost Form inside the raid when you release and then have to ressurect either by waiting or running back to the boss you wiped on.
    You have some pretty odd tastes.

This would've been fantastic when the graveyards were located way far away from the entrances. (Maradoun, SSC, old Blackrock stuff).

Deleted

Amazing change for someone like myself with a computer that handles the raid just fine (both 10 and 25) but that isn't that up to date. My loading screens take forever. It's faster for the raid for me to wait for everyone to run in and ress me by far than waiting for me to run in doing double loading screens.

This is great, the extra running from the graveyard is just a waste of time imo.

It's probably to reduce server load which isn't a bad thing

This is making the game lose favor? How?

No matter what Blizzard does people will always bitch about dumbing the game down or what not. I personally think the game is a ton better then it was in the past. It has continued to get better and better on the PVE side of things. This is coming from someone who has played since Beta-Vanilla.....

10+ Year Old Account

No matter what Blizzard does people will always bitch about dumbing the game down or what not. I personally think the game is a ton better then it was in the past. It has continued to get better and better on the PVE side of things. This is coming from someone who has played since Beta-Vanilla.....
    True but I don't mind running back.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    True but I don't mind running back.
    I don't mind it per say, but when you look at like SoO or even BWD in Cata, there was barely even a run back, it makes it pointless almost. And especially in SoO when the run back to the instance is shorter than the run to where you wiped depending on where you died, like after killing Galakras and sometimes it loads in at Norushen for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't mind it per say, but when you look at like SoO or even BWD in Cata, there was barely even a run back, it makes it pointless almost. And especially in SoO when the run back to the instance is shorter than the run to where you wiped depending on where you died, like after killing Galakras and sometimes it loads in at Norushen for some reason.
    True but I still don't mind running back. That's just me. I'll probably get used to it.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted

Just because the game has gotten better does not mean that every decision has been an improvement. I also do not really believe the game got better in MoP compared to WotLK / Cata.

It is not about the game being dumbed down, corpse running is nothing hard. Not every inconvienience in the game is a bad thing, some are needed to improve the experience.

The game moving from an interactive experience to a factory production line of streamlined content, it loses flavor. A change like this in itself is not huge, but coupled with a dozen other changes it does make a huge impact on the atmosphere of the game. This particular change is only a small taste of flavor, however I strongly believe it is the little thing that matters. Most major feautures is present in all games, it is the small things that makes a game stand out.

Corpserunning after a wipe has been a part of this game has been a part of this game since forever. Removing that would remove that part of the game. I do not understand how you can state that it would not lose flavor, it is insanely obvious that it would. The fact that corpse run is even a term is proof to that matter.

If this change would imply that you instantly spawn at the entrance when you release, I would be against it. If it means that you will spawn inside the instance as a ghost to prevent double loading screen and having you either getting spirit ressed or having you to run to a spot in the raid to res, I would be fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the game has gotten better does not mean that every decision has been an improvement. I also do not really believe the game got better in MoP compared to WotLK / Cata.

The game moving from an interactive experience to a factory production line of streamlined content, it loses flavor. A change like this in itself is not huge, but coupled with a dozen other changes it does make a huge impact on the atmosphere of the game. This particular change is only a small taste of flavor, however I strongly believe it is the little thing that matters. Most major feautures is present in all games, it is the small things that makes a game stand out.

Corpserunning after a wipe has been a part of this game has been a part of this game since forever. Removing that would remove that part of the game. I do not understand how you can state that it would not lose flavor, it is insanely obvious that it would. The fact that corpse run is even a term is proof to that matter.

If this change would imply that you instantly spawn at the entrance when you release, I would be against it. If it means that you will spawn inside the instance as a ghost to prevent double loading screen and having you either getting spirit ressed or having you to run to a spot in the raid to res, I would be fine with it.
    Compelling argument that I'm not exactly going to disagree with.

Warrior-Magi

I can understand the "flavor" argument. Maybe this isn't the best example of it, but I'm sympathetic to the notion of it being chipped away at slowly.

But, yeah, when death/resurrection to the degree we see in the game is actually not really canon/lore, I don't think it's a big loss. With the removal of current-content flying in WoD, there will be more travel time to / around instances in a manner that is not a gameplay/lore disconnect.

And if it even slightly reduces server loads ... hay, good thing.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the best would be, just reduce it to one loading screen and still have running back.

Warrior-Magi