My own (admittedly Insane) ideas for a Rogue class concept

As a lot of people seem to be making up their own Rogue class ideas I thought I'd share some.

Rather than do reasonable/probable ideas, I thought I'd make something so incredibly OTT and then can scale back from there to something a bit more reasonable. (all these are assuming Combo Points are now on the Rogue and not the target)

Assassination :
    My Assassination idea comes from the failure at the moment for Poisons and bleeds to really mean anything in game. I can put stacks of "Deadly" poison on someone and rupture them, and they run around as if they're not even poisoned at all! WTF?

My idea thus is for the poison damage to actually be LOW, but to have a longer duration that's refreshed on each application and for their damage to increase by a larger degree for each stack that's applied.
    The same with bleeds, they would be stackable and would cause a decrease in the healing that the target received. The idea is that Assassin Rogues would almost have a soft enrage. You have to kill them fast or you'll slowly start to get so much poison built up and bleed so much that you're HP will just get eaten through as if you have run out of fatigue.

Assassi will build points with Mutilate, then Envenom will add a stack of "Lethal Poison", which will start off as strong as deadly poison, but on each stack the poisons total damage will go up by 20% (So for 4 stacks you have 4*LethalPoisonDamage*180%) and their speed will be decreased by 5%. We'll give this a cooldown of 60 seconds and, screw it we'll let it stack to 40 (I did say it'd be ridiculous).

As their stack got too high the player would also start to experience the drunk/groggy effect to.. because being able to hardly walk as your health is nosediving isn't bad enough.

There will also be a talent called "Hunting in Packs" which will enable any Rogues in the group to share the same stack of Lethal Poison.

Subtlety
    For Subtlety I'm going to focus on the stealth and Shadowstep in particularly. Actually this is going to be more of a shadowstep build.

Sub Rouges can update Shadowstep so that it now has a cooldown on individual targets rather than on it's own.
    Once you have used Shadowstep you will be concealed by stealth for 0.5 seconds or until any damage has been carried out on the target you stepped to.
    As soon as you have Shadowstepped to a target, however, your ShS cooldown on all other targets is reset!

I am very aware that this may start to get pretty X2 Nightcrawler crazy pretty quick and become bloody hard to even catch a Rogue but therein lies the fun! (for Rogues)

Other skills for Sub :
    When you Sap a target, they become stealthed and you unstealth taking on their appearance. All players view you as if you were their former teammate but can still target and damage you.

I'll update when I have time for some Combat ideas!! Combat is more about Control, with some stuns and the ability to jump onto an Enemys shoulders and stab them in the head while they run around, like that Goblin in the dead-mines.

ooh and a Rogue Glyph, while I'm at it :

Glyph of Dual Wielding : Your Off hand weapon now visually appears identical to your main hand weapon
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2014-02-01 at 09:01 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    ooh and a Rogue Glyph, while I'm at it :

Glyph of Dual Wielding : Your Off hand weapon now visually appears identical to your main hand weapon
    I'd rather have those ridiculous transmog restrictions removed and be able to to transmog any 1h weapon to any other 1h.
    I demand as much special snowflakeness as hunters.

on topic: creative ideas and i hate to tell you first: they are incredibly over the top.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd like to see more of the Warden's abilities from WC3 be incorporated into the class. Additionally, I'd like a return of Rogues being able to use bows and guns.

Glyph of Dual Wielding should be in game. That might be easier than allowing fist = dagger = sword, which is apparently super hard for them.

My idea thus is for the poison damage to actually be LOW, but to have a longer duration that's refreshed on each application and for their damage to increase by a larger degree for each stack that's applied.
    This is a really bad idea.

We know it's bad because it was actually how deadly poison worked for years- you would have to stack the deadly poison up to max. Our current deadly poison is about equal to a 3 stack of the old stuff, in general.

Why did this suck? Mostly because when you had to target swap, you did very little damage to the new target. On an add fight you would sometimes even run double wound, because at least it fired right away instead of waiting for a large stack.

Remember that the rogue Patchwerk dps- the dps on a target dummy, basically- is going to be kind of similar to some goal, whether or not you have to spend time ramping up or not. That's very important, because it means that you can't get "takes a long time to stack, but does high damage if it does". You'll get "takes a long time to stack, and you only do competitive damage if it does". In other words, you get the downside, but not the upside. We've seen this time and time again- a cool idea doesn't work, or shits on a class or spec, because it has the "here's a disadvantage, and here is the advantage it buys", but while the devs will allow you to have a disadvantage, the advantage is never allowed to show up, if it is related to dps. If you have jump through hoops to make your raid dps happen, you can jump through those hoops, but you aren't allowed to have an unequal payoff for your unequal work.

Personally, I'd like to see more of the Warden's abilities from WC3 be incorporated into the class.
    I would like to see Shadow Strike. Their blink was given to mages, but shadowstep is pretty close. Avatar of Vengeance seems non rogue like.

As their stack got too high the player would also start to experience the drunk/groggy effect to.. because being able to hardly walk as your health is nosediving isn't bad enough.
    I don't trust this effect as a good one. In general, wow is very boolean about control effects- you are either able or unable to do it. This sounds like a W* idea tbh, like their version of blind.

Additionally, I'd like a return of Rogues being able to use bows and guns.
    Rogues can use bows and guns as much now as before, really. I would like a ranged spec for the class though- but that's very very unlikely.

Once you have used Shadowstep you will be concealed by stealth for 0.5 seconds or until any damage has been carried out on the target you stepped to.
    We should not have a rotational target drop. This is very disruptive to game play.

As soon as you have Shadowstepped to a target, however, your ShS cooldown on all other targets is reset!
    This idea is bad because rogues will be constantly hopping target to target. This makes us not a valid target for most melee, or forces them into degenerate strategies. This is a bad idea.

And together, these ideas become 'invincible rogue with six macros cycles them to teleport around the arena, never visible for more than a tenth of a second".