Shamans - 3 (and 3 tank)
    Nazgrim - 2
    Malkorok - 2
    Spoils - 2
    Thok - 3 (1 tank)
    Blackfuse - 2
    Paragons - 2
    Garrosh - 2
    IMO that's the perfect numbers for progression. Of course, raids progressing today have 10-15 ilvl more than we had, so most of the 3-heal fights can also be done with 2 healers, but it doesn't really make them easier. We used exactly those healer numbers for progression, but we found Thok easier with 2 tanks than with only one. Can still be done without fire phase (if you go for high stacks, which you should with 3 healers) and you get less random tank deaths.

Deleted
    We 2 heal everything but Heroic Jugg and Heroic Thok, and we're probably going to start 2 healing Heroic Jugg now that we outgear it so much.

2 heal everything except Immerseus if you lack hybrids that can heal in later down phases (even 1-2 hybrids will make up the difference) and Juggernaut (which can be 2 healed, but random deaths will occur more often).

People are saying to 3 heal Thok, but the 2 heal/1 tank strategy is so much easier with gear. You don't need to take every Roar phase to ~30 like you had to early on to push berserk and kill him while kiting. They also nerfed his damage so 2 healing should be much more manageable now even without many raid CDs available.

3 healing Paragons after the nerf is a silly idea too. It's kind of ridiculous how much damage they took out of the fight. As long as people don't take too much avoidable damage and you CC Parasites, this could be solo healed pretty easily. I'd still run 2 heals just to be safe though.

More DPS always makes fights easier. If you can run Disc+MW on a fight, do it; else, Disc+anything is always solid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    IMO that's the perfect numbers for progression. Of course, raids progressing today have 10-15 ilvl more than we had, so most of the 3-heal fights can also be done with 2 healers, but it doesn't really make them easier. We used exactly those healer numbers for progression, but we found Thok easier with 2 tanks than with only one. Can still be done without fire phase (if you go for high stacks, which you should with 3 healers) and you get less random tank deaths.
    We had only like 5 random tank deaths with warrior. Would have been a bit easier with monk or paladin. The real thing that made it a whole lot easier and with less wipe count was to be able to kill the boss before fire phase when taking only 5 stacks in 2nd phase with bats and dispels (we didn't have mass dispel nor shaman which made that phase much much harder). Prot warrrior also does incredible damage.

Yes, raids have more gear now, but boss difficulty still remains about the same for them than it was for us when we progressed a long time ago. This is something that not all ppl on these forums get. Gear compensates for skill, because if the skill level was also the same these guilds that are progressing now would have killed the bosses earlier. Maybe I can't explain it properly, but basically the boss difficulty feels the same now even when ppl have more gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    2 heal everything except Immerseus if you lack hybrids that can heal in later down phases (even 1-2 hybrids will make up the difference) and Juggernaut (which can be 2 healed, but random deaths will occur more often).

People are saying to 3 heal Thok, but the 2 heal/1 tank strategy is so much easier with gear. You don't need to take every Roar phase to ~30 like you had to early on to push berserk and kill him while kiting. They also nerfed his damage so 2 healing should be much more manageable now even without many raid CDs available.

3 healing Paragons after the nerf is a silly idea too. It's kind of ridiculous how much damage they took out of the fight. As long as people don't take too much avoidable damage and you CC Parasites, this could be solo healed pretty easily. I'd still run 2 heals just to be safe though.

More DPS always makes fights easier. If you can run Disc+MW on a fight, do it; else, Disc+anything is always solid.
    This is the perfect example of my last post.

You are correct about Paragons, because most of the guilds never 3 healed Paragons. But Thok doesn't feel really that much easier after the nerfs. Of course you can heal it easily with 2 but ppl who have no idea about he might not. Otherwise they would have killed a long time ago. I'm not saying it is identicalyl hard that it was. Jsut saying that previous tactics that were used before are just as good. Also with 3 healers you get the benefit of getting much less random deaths, which in turn results into more steady progress which also improves the atmosphere in the raid. It is more important than one could imagine.
    Last edited by mmocfb9e2d35fb; 2014-02-04 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strongest healer: disc
    Strongest combo: disc/monk or disc/druid

For 10m heroic, disc/monk pulls ahead on all the harder heroics (siegecrafter, paragons, garrosh), due to the massive spike DPS requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    But Thok doesn't feel really that much easier after the nerfs. Of course you can heal it easily with 2 but ppl who have no idea about he might not. Otherwise they would have killed a long time ago. I'm not saying it is identicalyl hard that it was. Jsut saying that previous tactics that were used before are just as good. Also with 3 healers you get the benefit of getting much less random deaths, which in turn results into more steady progress which also improves the atmosphere in the raid. It is more important than one could imagine.
    We've been 2 healing Thok farm for at least a month now (before the nerfs). It's way easier to do the boss that way. The nerfs just made it so you don't have to stack your group with raid CDs.

With 1 tank/2 heals, you do pull phase (15+ w/ CDs) > fire (doesn't matter w/o CDs) > ice (15+ w/ CDs) > poison (til dead; hopefully skip though).
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-02-04 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    We now 2 heal everything except Thok hc.

For progress we 3 healed immerseus/protectors/juggernaut/thok, although if you've already killed them on 25m then 2 healing is perfectly viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    13/14H

Like most have said, Immerseus, IJ, Thok are 3 healed. Everything else 2 (technically 1.5 since I just fistweave through all the farm to save time)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Paladin/druid/shaman is nice for thok. have not killed it but at least that what ive read here.

Disc priest overall is pretty good for many fights if you have trouble with healing but need that tiny extra bit of dps.
    If you have both a druid and a shaman, it would probably be the best idea to just use those two healers for thok. Anyway if I had equally good healers and dps I would go about progress like this:
    Immerseus 3, Protectors 3, Norushen 2, Pride 2, Galakras 2, Juggernaut 3, Shaman 3, Nazgrim 2, Malkorok 2, Spoils 2, Thok 2 (if you have at least one resto druid or shaman. 3 if not), Siegecrafter 2, Paragons 3, Garrosh 2. Paragon damage seems a bit random when you first do it, so I suppose that this would make it easier, as the dps check is lenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    13/14H

Like most have said, Immerseus, IJ, Thok are 3 healed. Everything else 2 (technically 1.5 since I just fistweave through all the farm to save time)
    On progression, only Thok needed to be three healed.