Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm surprised it took so long. All the damn Republicans and "libertarians" on this site, and just now someone posted a video by the idiot ZoNation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    pro tip: despising others based on arbitrary things such as skin color. makes you a racist.. I'm sure you already knew that tho
    Just happens to be so that it's black people making these retarded claims

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, because ALL black people feel that way.....

Should I hate all white people because of Honey Boo-Boo's family and Duck Dynasty?

BTW, I'm white.
    I totally said ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    so basically you're using this as an excuse to spew your racism and misogyny
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by star-nosed-mole-man View Post
    it just sounds like your trying to justify your social liberalism as being the 'good side' all the time, without really understanding what liberalism started out being. what people tend to think of a liberalism today is nothing like how it started out, and the conservatives of today in america follow alot of traditional liberal idea's. i think you confuse the fact that conservatism in america is very different to that of conservatism in general. it is more close to liberalism. it is quite easy to define slave holders in the american civil war as liberals in one sense. basicly you shouldn't use what liberalism is considered as today to apply to what all liberalism is.
    did slave holders want to keep their slaves, or set them free? if the former, they were conservative, if the latter they were liberal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Higher education is wasted on those that cant get in any other way but special allowances. I think their efforts would be better spent advancing primary education first, so that more minorities would be able to do well enough in school to go to college.

If they did too poorly in HS, what makes these students think they will do any better in college? All they will end up doing is taking up a slot of someone that that has more potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    it just sounds like your trying to justify your social liberalism as being the 'good side' all the time, without really understanding what liberalism started out being. what people tend to think of a liberalism today is nothing like how it started out, and the conservatives of today in america follow alot of traditional liberal idea's. i think you confuse the fact that conservatism in america is very different to that of conservatism in general. it is more close to liberalism. it is quite easy to define slave holders in the american civil war as liberals in one sense. basicly you shouldn't use what liberalism is considered as today to apply to what all liberalism is.
    Which is why I'm using modern contexts, just like the guy in the video is doing. I'm also talking about social conservatism and social liberalism, not the entire political philosophies.

Is social liberalism on the good side all the time? I don't think so. However, all things being equal, it has a pretty damn good track record. Gay rights is just a recent example of social liberals being on the right side of history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I totally said ALL
    You said that you despise black people.

That statement implies that you despise ALL black people.

Deleted
    did slave holders want to keep their slaves, or set them free? if the former, they were conservative, if the latter they were liberal.
    that's not what classical liberalism could be seen as, the fact that they wanted the government to stop interfering with them can be seen as an idea of liberalism. also people really need to understand that conservatism in america split off from liberalism, its not something that is completely different. and its social liberalism that most people who say they are liberals believe in to today.

lincoln was anything but conservative for wanting to and actually freeing the slaves
    Correct, but he was a Republican (the more liberal group of the time) so democrats nowadays try to either claim him like the plaque at the University of Illinois or discredit him so they look better. It is stupid, but it is the way modern politics runs.

Which is why I'm using modern contexts, just like the guy in the video is doing. I'm also talking about social conservatism and social liberalism, not the entire political philosophies.

Is social liberalism on the good side all the time? I don't think so. However, all things being equal, it has a pretty damn good track record. Gay rights is just a recent example of social liberals being on the right side of history.

- - - Updated - - -

You know he's just going to prove that you're wrong, by saying something like "only 99%", right?

as if one view one way or another makes a person...

besides only a small % of people actually had slaves - so small talking about it today is a freaking waste of time.

Deleted

I said MOST, you illiterate idiot.

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-02-02 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said MOST, you illiterate idiot.
    Says the guy who despises MOST black people for something MOST black people don't do in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    as if one view one way or another makes a person...

besides only a small % of people actually had slaves - so small talking about it today is a freaking waste of time.
    You seem to forget that that small percentage of slave owners controlled everything in the south at that time. So while a small percentage of the south owned slaves, the vast majority of the southern white population believed in, and supported the southern slavocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    not sure if ignoring the written text and assuming things or not.
    Oh, did I miss something? or did he literally say "This is exactly why I despise most black people"

Deleted
    Says the guy who despises MOST black people for something MOST black people don't do in the first place.
    Minority of the black populace (in the western world, I couldn't care less for 3rd world countries) are not pulling the racism card every other turn and demanding equal treatments as civil whites just because they are black.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to forget that that small percentage of slave owners controlled everything in the south at that time. So while a small percentage of the south owned slaves, the vast majority of the southern white population believed in, and supported the southern slavocracy.
    and most of those people in the south would have considered themselves classical liberals back then.

That would be the equivalent of saying that I believe in capitalism therefor I believe in greedy corporations. I get what you're saying though and maybe in time history will judge me as so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    Oh, did I miss something? or did he literally say "This is exactly why I despise most black people"
    Did I ever say I hated them because they were black? Learn some basic reading comprehension.

You mean other than this guy being an idiot who needs an education on what a conservative and a liberal is?

I was interested in the video, until he started spouting nonsense about the Democratic party being the party of the KKK and white racism. He then expands this point by saying that liberals supported slavery, which is ridiculous, and shows a high level of historical ignorance.

His point is partially correct; In the 19th century, the Democratic party WAS the party that supported slavery. However, they weren't liberals, they were conservatives. The liberals were the newly formed Republican party under Lincoln. After the Civil War and into the 20th century, the Democratic party and the Republican party spread throughout the country, having both conservative and liberal members. The parties didn't evolve into their modern forms until the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Republican party's adoption of the Southern Strategy. During this period, many segregationist democrats flipped over to the Republican party.

In the end, social conservatism is more aligned with racist ideology, because social conservatism tends tends to favor the "good old days". Social liberalism is fighting for a change in society. Segregationists in the 1960s were conservatives. Martin Luther King Jr. was a liberal. You're seeing this dichotomy again with gay rights. Conservatives want gay marriage to be illegal, while liberals are pushing for it to be legalized.

People (like the clown in the video) need to get their political philosophies straight.

Liberals want to dumb everyone down by having them depend on the government. For a Liberal you either agree with them or you are a bigoted racist and you just need to die. Thats liberal logic. They also want to ban guns when the citys with the strictest gun laws has the most murders and when statistically the more guns have come into the US- the lower the murder rate per capita. I also enjoy seeing democrats go on t.v and make asses of themselves and dont even know what weapon they have in there hands...and then spout out bullshit info on rates of fire....and when they say "load a clip" when its a fuckin magazine...not a clip. Liberals use fear and race to push there agendas. Just take a look at Obama.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-02-02 at 03:46 AM.

Minority of the black populace (in the western world, I couldn't care less for 3rd world countries) are not pulling the racism card every other turn and demanding equal treatments as civil whites just because they are black.
    how could anybody prove either way? sounds like a silly statement to make for either case. we do know this, in the United States blacks use the race card to their advantage the most followed closely by the latino/hispanic population. Us Asians never seem to make the news for anything other than dying in a cafe playing too much LoL or SC2

10+ Year Old Account
    and most of those people in the south would have considered themselves classical liberals back then.
    And they would have considered themselves conservatives today, and more than likely have voted Republican.

Just like the majority of modern day white southerners....

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    I'm surprised it took so long. All the damn Republicans and "libertarians" on this site, and just now someone posted a video by the idiot ZoNation.
    I honestly can't believe he almost has 100k subs...