Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Next model project, Warlock pets and mounts (img heavy!).

    I know warlocks have 'new' pets, but those are old TBC models...and the 'new' mount is just recolored after green fire quest..

    Imp


    Blueberry tank





    Melee demon



    Succubus





    Pooch (just add fire n tentacles)


    Mounts



    Silly, warlock themed battle pets
    Last edited by Summerdrake; 2014-02-02 at 04:16 PM.

  2. #2
    I really doubt blizz is going to take the time to update warlock pets after giving them a bunch of new ones for MoP and after just spending all this time updating the player models. I wouldn't expect any new class specific models this expansion.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Deruyter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    846
    Would be neat if Gul'dan (when we down him in a raid) would drop a tome or something that lets you summon a unique demon form.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    I really doubt blizz is going to take the time to update warlock pets after giving them a bunch of new ones for MoP and after just spending all this time updating the player models. I wouldn't expect any new class specific models this expansion.
    But will look strange with old low pixel pets next to new character models...at least hunters can always get new WoD pets that probably look better than what we have now, at least from what we have seen of the new orc wolf mounts, wolves on draenor will be a vast improvement from vanilla wolves...

    WoD wolves


    Vanilla wolves


    Why should only Hunters get better pixel'd pets?
    Last edited by Summerdrake; 2014-02-02 at 04:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Warlock pets and mounts will not be updated, as they have been somewhat pimped in MoP they in the exact middle between mop-wod graphics.

    The only pets that will get revamped are the hunter ones, as they use far older graphics and it has more priority at this point.
    (though it's mainly new pet models, they aren't gonna revamp all).

  6. #6
    Warlocks should be last in line for some attention
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Warlock pets and mounts will not be updated, as they have been somewhat pimped in MoP they in the exact middle between mop-wod graphics.

    The only pets that will get revamped are the hunter ones, as they use far older graphics and it has more priority at this point.
    (though it's mainly new pet models, they aren't gonna revamp all).
    Pimped with tbc graphics...the new voidwalker for example is from tbc dungeons (the Mechanar?)..rest are random mobs from Hellfire Peninsula, TBC starting zone...

    Warlocks gets TBC pets, Hunters get WoD pets, seems legit...
    Last edited by Summerdrake; 2014-02-02 at 04:44 PM.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Pimped with tbc graphics...the new voidwalker for example is from tbc dungeons (the Mechanar?)..rest are random mobs from Hellfire Peninsula, TBC starting zone...

    Warlocks gets TBC pets, Hunters get WoD pets, seems legit...
    Warlocks also get the same pets regardless of race/etc. Hunters get to choose a pet depending on how it looks. And let's be honest- cats and wolves NEED an update (just like all racial mounts do too)!

  9. #9
    It would be nice if Warlock demons got their models updated. Don't think it'll happen, at least not at launch, but it'd be nice.

  10. #10
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,132
    I approve the chick from 4th image to be new warlock mount.

  11. #11
    warlocks already get more then any other class.. warlocks should be last on the list of getting anything redone or new

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    warlocks already get more then any other class.. warlocks should be last on the list of getting anything redone or new
    Wait, you're serious? Because locks had a mount quest way back in the day and green fire now, that means that they should be stuck with the same few pets for the foreseeable future? Hunters had their own class quest as well and have a FAR, FAR greater variety of pet models available. What do locks have? Twelve (you can only use one set of six at at time [five if you're not Demonology], depending on talents), all of which are models that originated in either vanilla or TBC, as was mentioned earlier.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    I really doubt blizz is going to take the time to update warlock pets after giving them a bunch of new ones for MoP and after just spending all this time updating the player models. I wouldn't expect any new class specific models this expansion.
    normal warlock pets are all vanilla (exp0) models. GoS pets are all tBC (exp1) models. we're arriving at exp 5. hunters get new pet models every patch. it's time for an upgrade.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  14. #14
    At least monks get MoP pet, which is very nice, although short duration...Hmmm mage pet could use some work too..hasn't changed since Vanilla. Shamans got upgraded pets.

  15. #15
    I imagine they're saving this for another Burning Legion expansion. Would make more sense then, as they'd be updating demon models anyway.

    Warlocks already have a class specific questline, the most interesting glyphs, armour sets and weapons. You can wait.

  16. #16
    Next Model project would probably be Druid forms as well as the Wolf model for spirit wolf. It will be rediculous to see a brand new model Tauren shift into one of those forms, and I know it may not be on the immediate list but I'm hoping to see it soon.

    Then pets of all kind are hopefully next, including Hunter and Warlock.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    normal warlock pets are all vanilla (exp0) models. GoS pets are all tBC (exp1) models. we're arriving at exp 5. hunters get new pet models every patch. it's time for an upgrade.
    I have to disagree. Instead of comparing hunters and warlocks, look beyond those two. The "time for an upgrade" belongs, in my opinion, to other classes like priests, shamans etc. Warlocks are last in line.
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    giving them a bunch of new ones
    Are you really counting the old TBC demons that simply weren't playable as new ones? Please.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorias View Post
    I have to disagree. Instead of comparing hunters and warlocks, look beyond those two. The "time for an upgrade" belongs, in my opinion, to other classes like priests, shamans etc. Warlocks are last in line.
    priests just got sha, shamans just got cataclysm elementals.

    EDIT: also, priests just got halo and shamans just got ascendance.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  20. #20
    Warchief Sylreick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    priests just got sha, shamans just got cataclysm elementals.

    EDIT: also, priests just got halo and shamans just got ascendance.
    And warlocks got a complete class revamp. You want to go there? I can go there.

    They definitely ought to hold off on demon model revamps, let them fix the classes themselves, and obviously the races, first.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •