Talking Share your interesting boss/raid mechanics

I'm pretty sure everyone has a mechanic they thought would be cool to see in a boss fight or raid in WoW. So I'd like ya'll to share what you got! Just to be clear, this isn't for concepts like saying "It would be cool to go in disguise to sneak past mobs in Grom's dreamhouse" but rather put it into context of game play, like "It would be cool if players cc'd the first 5 mobs in the raid and be able to interact with them so then the raiders can skip a potential 5 minute aoe-fest for the next 10 packs of mobs."
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I despise mind control mechanics, so I would rather replace them with something similar, like:

Instead of getting mind controlled, an evil twin will spawn on you (think of Raging Spirits during the LK encounter) and will mimic all/most of your abilities, and get a massive x% damage boost (1000% perhaps) so if you use any normal damaging ability in your rotation, your evil twin would most likely oneshot someone. If you try to CC them, they will CC you instead (immune to CC)
    Their mimicked abilities wouldn't have a cast time so you wouldn't be able to interrupt them, so the tactic here would be to stop using any damaging abilities, and let the rest of the raid kill the twin. A soft enrage timer could be the boss spawning these twins from more raid members as the fight goes on, so eventually everyone would have an evil twin alive.

It would need some tweaking and experimenting obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckarn View Post
    I despise mind control mechanics, so I would rather replace them with something similar, like:

Instead of getting mind controlled, an evil twin will spawn on you (think of Raging Spirits during the LK encounter) and will mimic all/most of your abilities, and get a massive x% damage boost (1000% perhaps) so if you use any normal damaging ability in your rotation, your evil twin would most likely oneshot someone. If you try to CC them, they will CC you instead (immune to CC)
    Their mimicked abilities wouldn't have a cast time so you wouldn't be able to interrupt them, so the tactic here would be to stop using any damaging abilities, and let the rest of the raid kill the twin. A soft enrage timer could be the boss spawning these twins from more raid members as the fight goes on, so eventually everyone would have an evil twin alive.

It would need some tweaking and experimenting obviously.
    I like the idea of close that if you try to 1v1 they own you but to expand on that. when the clones pop you basically have to kill someone elses add, but the adds would do that class's abilites. but the only thing how do they make the clones deadly instead of potato
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done