Deleted

Graphics card not working properly (G46VW)

Hi everyone

I have a serious issue with my secondary graphics card on my laptop, G46VW. The card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, and the only information I get from my computer is, that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". The problems started from day one, but since I have opened my computer to insert an SSD, (before testing if the computer worked), the warranty is no use. Here's some general information:

* The ONLY thing, that doesn't work, is the secondary graphics card, (GeForce GTX 660M).
    * The computer runs games without problems on the integrated graphics card, though it has to be on low settings.
    * Every time I update drivers for ANY of the graphics cards, the computer stops working properly.
    * Some IT-guy once got the graphics card working, but the game became full of bugs, (such as strange colors, black objects in the sky, ect.).
    * The SSD has been removed and the original set back in again.

Have I just been unlucky and got a bad graphics card, or is there some way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

(Edit): The computer says I have an unknown device plugged in, but I haven't.
    Last edited by mmoc4762a608e1; 2014-02-02 at 01:12 PM.

Honestly they're not gonna notice if you opened the back to insert an SSD unless there was a label you didn't remove and reapply without breaking. I've sent notebooks back where I had changed RAM and heck, even completely opened to clear the dust/reapply thermal paste and nobody ever said a thing. If your warranty is still valid, I'd try to see if they're going to do anything about it.

It's either a driver conflict or a hardware problemt hough, so if formatting and reinstalling everything clean doesn't work it's most likely the latter.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    I've tried formatting and reinstalling a few times, but without luck.

The problem with returning it is, that it was bought in the US, but I live in Denmark - and Best Buy, from where I bought it, doesn't accept international returns.

Guess I've been rather unlucky with this purchase