Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why nerf warriors when we have hunters

Title says it all. Rediculous amounts of CC that are instant cast? Feels like when they're done with their CC chain he can pull off the same chain 5 seconds later. Not to mention their damage doesn't exactly balance this either

Would be very helpful if someone could give me tips how to deal with this, since 2/3 teams have hunters in them nowadays

edit: Btw I play MW monk and Disc priest. Usually with a demo lock or arms war
    Last edited by mmoc037bfa2af0; 2014-02-02 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    have one too? remeber back in woltk if you were holy paladin and wanted rank -> warrior or reroll priest for rmp

Hunters generally suck against Monks and Feral Druids. Try Kittycleave.

Because Hunter CC is totally unavoidable .

10+ Year Old Account
    Both need to be nerfed, hunter movement, control, and warrior movement and control

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    Title says it all. Rediculous amounts of CC that are instant cast? Feels like when they're done with their CC chain he can pull off the same chain 5 seconds later. Not to mention their damage doesn't exactly balance this either

Would be very helpful if someone could give me tips how to deal with this, since 2/3 teams have hunters in them nowadays

edit: Btw I play MW monk and Disc priest. Usually with a demo lock or arms war
    Well, like always it depends on the comp you are playing against. But if your playing you MW and Arms, and your fighting double DPS,(one being a hunter) its your warriors job to stick on that hunter, keep him snared, and try and pressure hard early(zerk rage) and its your job to stick ontop of your warrior so you can increase the chance the hunter will screw up his CC chain. The goal here is to blow the hunters first deterrence. After the Hunter re-engages, your warrior should use his disarm, and save his fear for Stampede. Hunter MUST be Piercing Howl'd or Ham'd at all times. No exceptions. Save your Disarm(s) for after the second deterrence. After both deter's are used, nuke him hard.

If that Hunter is playing with a healer, that's another can of worms....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    If u think hunters are better then warriors then u need to stop playing with ur eyes closed
    I think too much cc ruins PvP. Warriors have great damage but hunters have too much control

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuditea View Post
    i just watched tosan stream and he crapped on a 2400 kitty cleave.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

If a hunter doesn't use his partners CC to trap off of, or a web disengage, and has to resort to scatter shot, you can do what lots of people seem to be doing now. Just trinket the scatter and run away from the trap. 10-20% of the traps fail to activate properly too. Scatter also get's dodged more often than you'd believe.
    The grass is always greener on the toon you don't main.

I always laugh when people complain about hunter CC, but don't mind Warlock fear, fear, horrify, pet seduce, fear, fear, pet seduce ... ffs.

Deleted
    I want my hunters CCs to be buffed. All CCs we have instantly break on damage, apart for those pathetic 3 sec stuns, which do not come for free (talented) and have very long CDs. Some of our CCs do not even work without a pre-cc, how fair is that? We need scatter shot in order to be able to trap someone... lol It's like a rogue would have to blind someone in order to kidney shot him, or else the "shot" would not hit the kidney.

Traps were instant in classic, and at some point they also promised us a damage threshold for traps, which did not happen until the present day. Wyvern sting is 30 seconds, which should translate into 8 seconds of PvP CC... for some very special reason, this does not happen.

See... it doesn't sound all that great :-P
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2014-02-02 at 05:22 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with the warrior/hunter scenario is someone HAS to lose. Either the Warrior keeps uptime melee and the Hunters complain or the Hunter keep the Warrior at range and the Warriors complain.

its all about positioning and your partners ability to eat the traps for you.

things like standing on the locks portal so when you get scattered he ports and eats it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I want my hunters CCs to be buffed. All CCs we have instantly break on damage, apart for those pathetic 3 sec stuns, which do not come for free (talented) and have very long CDs. Some of our CCs do not even work without a pre-cc, how fair is that? We need scatter shot in order to be able to trap someone... lol It's like a rogue would have to blind someone in order to kidney shot him, or else the "shot" would not hit the kidney.

Traps were instant in classic, and at some point they also promised us a damage threshold for traps, which did not happen until the present day. Wyvern sting is 30 seconds, which should translate into 8 seconds of PvP CC... for some very special reason, this does not happen.

See... it doesn't sound all that great :-P
    ya they were instant but you also had to be out of combat to cast them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    Because Hunter CC is totally unavoidable .
    Scatter shot-trap. Only way to counter this is to A) be taking damage during scatter, or B) have focused teammate stand on the trap in an effort to get trapped and break it, RNG ish.

Or get a dispel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Warloc and priest have the most cc in the game.

Why not just nerf both hunters and warriors?

How are people defending hunters on here, especially with their cc?

Scatter (3 sec) -> Trap (8 sec) -> silence (3 sec) -> wyvern (3 sec). 17 seconds of instant cc which have 30 second cds (45 for wyvern).

Lets say your teammate eats the trap: Now you have scatter (3) -> wyvern (6) -> silence (3). 12 Seconds now AND your teammate is cc'd and needs a dispel. People tend to forget that scatter is part of the rotation and effectively cc's you for 3 seconds before you can trinket/eat the main trap.

ALL INSTANT, ALL RANGED. Does not DR with fear, meaning wars, symb-rdruids, hpallys, locks, or priests can all drop 8 more seconds onto that with minimal effort.

Add 100k chimeras which require absolutely 0 setup, no colossus smash, no deep or frozen orb, no shadow dance, just press a fucking button and bam, 100k at 40 yrd range. I personally think warriors are worse than hunters now, but rankings still seem to say otherwise. Probably because hunters have less viable comps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

15+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly think more people would care about the burst and sustained mobile DPS than CC.

Honestly though hunter in arena is not as easy as you seem to think. Especially in 2's.

I'd also like to say that if you're complaining about hunters as a MW or Disc? Dude that's a L2P issue right there. Hunters can't touch you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I would honestly think more people would care about the burst and sustained mobile DPS than CC.

Honestly though hunter in arena is not as easy as you seem to think. Especially in 2's.

I'd also like to say that if you're complaining about hunters as a MW or Disc? Dude that's a L2P issue right there. Hunters can't touch you.
    How does any class prevent instant cc? or get out of it without trinket? what makes MW or disc priest better vs hunters than other classes?

Im not trying to make a point here, Im only 1750 rating, just asking for a good tactic, if it even excist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost pissed myself... that shit is too funny.

No they dont, and even if they did, sucking against monks and feral druids is about as bad as being good against DKs and Moonkins.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Wyvern Sting is probably the most broken CC in the game. Either it should be removed or the CD increased to 90 seconds to be on par with PoM/NS, seeing how it's pretty much the same thing.