Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Windwalkers aren't desired by higher end raiding guilds due to lack of effective raid utility while also being another Agi leather melee, thus sharing with Ferals and Rogues who offer more. Because of that, players, even those not even remotely at the level of those guilds, parrot that Monks are terrible.

You would also be surprised at how often I STILL see the argument of "leather tanks are trash. they take so much damage" when tanking LFR on my Brewmaster. I've had runs where a few people would try to vote kick me the moment a run started because "this run will suck without two plate tanks."
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I was made fun of early mop because i leveled a brewmaster instead of raising one of my 85s to 90. In specific i remember one guy in brewery was making fun of monks until i roll+beer kited the entire instance and he ate his words at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I've not heard a single person "rag" on Monks in general. It's clear that Windwalker damage is a bit meh, but middle-of-the-pack is NOT unviable (despite what many will claim). Brewmasters make pretty awesome tanks and Mistweavers are respectable raid healers.

(PvE Perspective)
    This is all true. I don't know anyone to QQ about Monks, but too many derps like to QQ about Pandaren (for whatever reason).

I haven't really heard anything bad about the monk class itself. Fairly positive. The negativity has been with the panda race. The monk class in general was certainly more well received than death knights back in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenyo View Post
    If monks could use their weapons when fighting, sure.
    only reason why i haven't even created a monk during this expansion which sucks tbh, because they look like such fun!
    Really? What draws me to the class is that they don't even require weapons.

My second Monk is currently rocking the handwraps from the peak of Serenity. I couldn't be happier. I think the class looks better kicking and punching without a big spear hanging off their back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    1. Pandas ruined WoW
    2. Monks are OP 1v1 (dont even start with the WoW is not balanced around 1v1 thing), no1 likes playing against a class that cannot lose.
    3. As if we need more hybrids? (droods, palas, DK's, shamans...when does it end?)
    4. Did I mention that pandas ruined wow?
    I agree with 1. and 4.

Also, it's "rep", rap is a music genre and it even sounds different when you hear it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. As if we need more hybrids? (droods, palas, DK's, shamans...when does it end?)
    Honestly, every class should be a hybrid.

Because monks are made for fighting and martial arts, and not singing with Miley Cyrus or Bieber

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Also, it's "rep", rap is a music genre and it even sounds different when you hear it.
    Nope.

b : a negative and often undeserved reputation or charge —often used with bum or bad <given a bum rap by the press>
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rap
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I can only talk from a somewhat limited pve perspective. WW monks are "only" midrange DPS and then they are melee which sets them even further back. They dont have any really usefull raid utility(Zen med is terrible...). Brewmasters are pretty solid and are very good at tanking some fights and with stagger combined with other spells, lots of mechanics become less of a threat. Mistweavers are a every good raid healer, but mostly for 25man. Its been a long time since I've seen a mistweaver in a high level 10man progression guild. Their healing is also somewhat "random" with reneweing mist being on of their most usefull spells and it bouncing around randomly.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are also forgetting that races and animation played a factor in limiting Monk appeal. Goblins and Worgens couldn't be Monks, so you were stuck with Pandarens, or old race models for this new class.

Let's face it, outside of Pandarens, a lot of races look downright goofy doing Monk movements. I think the new player models will help with this issue.

I'm only coming from WW and mostly pvp but to me it's just the play style I'm constantly mashing buttons, jabs to get chi then use the chi back to jabs, it's constant none stop button mashing that I don't do on any other class. I wouldn't even mind that so much but it's also blah damage. The best thing the monk does is run away and heal and back to button mashing for mediocre damage.

I main a brewmaster working through heroic content. I've never heard a complaint. In fact, I usually just hear that I'm op and that the entire raid team should reroll monks (which they should).

Deleted
    1. Pandas ruined WoW
    2. Monks are OP 1v1 (dont even start with the WoW is not balanced around 1v1 thing), no1 likes playing against a class that cannot lose.
    4. Did I mention that pandas ruined wow?
    Haha, so much butthurt QQ in a single post. Great!

OT: Well, I don't really think that they have a bad reputation. It's just that a lot of people don't have one and therefore don't really know the mechanics.

Deleted
    they lack swag and rythm and noone likes asian rappers!

To cover all aspects of gameplay:

1. People hate Pandaren.
    2. No raid CDs for Dps monks in raids can make them less desirable in 10m. (While the perception wont go away, at least it won't be as big a problem next xpac with 20m mythic and everything else flexible)
    3. Bads can't handle touch of karma in pvp.
    4. Bads can't handle MW in pvp.

Most importantly for me: they can't be goblins! That's just wrong!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Most importantly for me: they can't be goblins! That's just wrong!
    q.f.t.
    Every class should be able to be a Goblin, because... well, Goblins FTW!

15+ Year Old Account
    DKs got it (and still get it) worse than monks when they were released. Mind you, you can STILL find DKs in int plate and agi gems... so it's well warranted.

Leveled a pandaren monk myself till level 63 (see my sig), but me and a friend agreed that it was basically like playing a rogue without stealth. For leveling the class gets boring pretty fast, for dungeons its pretty meh (did both dps and tank). Not sure how fun monk is at endgame but I can't get myself to level trough TBC content anymore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins can be monks and you cannot see their xmog fist weps. Spent days getting the Bladefist for nothing.
    You cared enough to post.