Blood DK Heroic Thok 10M Solo Tanking Help

Hello, I may be trying to solo tank Heroic Thok 10 man this coming week for progression. There are a couple things I have read, such as always having a CD running past around 4 stacks of the debuff, always have a "Oh shit" Death Strike ready, etc. I have a couple questions though. I was thinking of running Glyph of Outbreak and Plague Leech just to get a few runes incase I ever need a really fast DS, is this a good idea? Also, how do solo tanks handle the bats? Do they just pick them up like normal, with lots of external CD's running? Next, I read somewhere I should be running Blood Tap so I always can have a DS ready. Is this true, or can I stay with Runic Corruption? I also read that you should run Death Siphon instead of Death Pact, due to the crazy amount of vengeance you get. Should I be doing this? Lastly, What kind of build should i be running? I was thinking of going a Stam and Mastery build? Or should I go parry? Thanks for all the help. Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Deleted
    With regards the bats, save your biggest CD for them, and then i guess remorseless is nice for them. TBH though i think DK tanks generally have a tougher time solo tanking Thok HC than other classes.

I would suggest stam mastery, since the screech is physical dmg and obviously can't be parried.

Quote Originally Posted by bac99 View Post
    Hello, I may be trying to solo tank Heroic Thok 10 man this coming week for progression. There are a couple things I have read, such as always having a CD running past around 4 stacks of the debuff, always have a "Oh shit" Death Strike ready, etc. I have a couple questions though. I was thinking of running Glyph of Outbreak and Plague Leech just to get a few runes incase I ever need a really fast DS, is this a good idea? Also, how do solo tanks handle the bats? Do they just pick them up like normal, with lots of external CD's running? Next, I read somewhere I should be running Blood Tap so I always can have a DS ready. Is this true, or can I stay with Runic Corruption? I also read that you should run Death Siphon instead of Death Pact, due to the crazy amount of vengeance you get. Should I be doing this? Lastly, What kind of build should i be running? I was thinking of going a Stam and Mastery build? Or should I go parry? Thanks for all the help. Any additional advice would be appreciated.
    It will help if you play reactive keeping DS for when you get low. Maximize uptime on boneshield. I ran Roiling blood for spreading fast to bats, and runic Corrpution. I haven't tried Death Siphon on this fight, as i feel death pact is such a nice "panic" button to have that doesnt cost you anything.
    I ran a parry focused build for this with around 200% mastery buffed.

Some recommendations :
    Make sure you have death and decay up for when bats land as well as massgrip to help you easily pick up bats and stack them.
    The Rhok trinket is amazing on this fight, and should be used as a big cooldown.
    AMS will prevent applications of debuff during acid phase and frost phase
    If you got 4-set you can use DRW reactivly as well to gain runes for DS, and during high vengance you can double diesease with outbreak for some hefty dmg if DRW is active.

Thats all I can think of, GL on the fight

While DSi would certainly deal a ton of damage and consequently heal for another ton, you have to remember you're giving up Death Pact (an off GCD heal) for it in addition to it using a death rune which could be used for Death Strikes.

There's literally a thread with the same title 4 posts down.

A note, however. Bats can only be stunned at <35%, or so I've heard. Gorefiend's will probably be a bigger help than Remorseless.

The most important part of the fight is p1; so utilise your raids tankcooldowns as much as possible there; and for the love of God don't forget to make a disarm rotation for the jailor, because with 7 stacks he will nearly one shot you.

That said, if you trust your offtank, and if he is any other tank class, let them tank. Deathknights sadly only have DSi that scales with vengeance, and every other tank has more damage with higher levels of vengeance.

Ideally a Pala/monk tank would be lovely.

But if you're like me, raidleader and maintank, it doesn't matter which class I am, I rather take that responsibility myself.