Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    the republicans haven't had a decent talking point in a decade
    Aside from that, I will give O'Riley that this was probably his most well-behaved interview EVER. But then, regardless of who the president is or what his policies are (short of marching soldiers through the street), you behave yourself when talking to him.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many politicians don't dance around questions? Like zero.

Obama knew what he was in for when he agreed to the interview. I couldn't watch the whole thing for the opposite reason I couldn't watch the Jon Stewart and Nancy Pelosi interview, basically that it was embarrassing. Obama can hold his own when under pressure and doesn't look like a total idiot when being asked questions, the Nancy Pelosi one just made me turn off the TV because of how dense she appeared.

This interview just went the opposite way because they hardly moved on from questions and just couldn't accept answers regardless of how dull they were. I like when people ask politicians tough questions and put them out of their element, especially when it's unexpected. But this was totally expected and IMO nothing new was learned and it just felt embarrassing to watch. O'Reilly asking questions about Beghazi, which was nearly 2 years ago just shows me how little conversation points or information they have to debate with Obama, it's just really pathetic.

Stewart asks softball questions to democratic people all the time and he certainly could have been harder on Pelosi, but he still made her look like a fucking idiot. All that was gained out of this interview between Obama and O'Reilly was absolutely nothing. You have two people set on interrupting and not letting the other talk, and an agenda to never make them look good. It's just boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    the pres. was trying to skirt around certain questions of liability and accountability.
    He was trying to answer the question. If the answer is not to your liking, you get clarification, not interrupt until you hear what you want to. Nothing the President said was skirting around anything. It was the facts of what happened. If you don't like them, to bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bascially what this forum is saying is "Anyone who asks President Obama tough questions and has different political beliefs than me is an idiot and shouldn't be heard."

Stay classy MMOC left.
    Tony and strawmans. More news at 11.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sorry Wells calling it like I see it.

I'm halfway through the interview, and short of Bill trying to stump Obama on tough questions that the president tried to dance around, its a standard interview. I think some of the left gets upset when someone *gasps* asks President Obama tough questions.

O'reilly does have a bad habit of putting in the presidents mouth, although when the president dances around hard questions it's nice to see someone in the media establishment will call him out on it.

Do I think that Bill was quick to put his 2 cents in...absolutely, I don't like it. When you have an allotted 10 min for a interview and the president is spending a good amount of time dancing around straight forward questions.....I can understand the frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

The responses on the first page.
    Based on the time of your posts, I can conclude you hadn't even started watching the interview before you posted defending O'Reilly. Why should we then take you seriously?

The mainstream liberal press politicizes EVERYTHING and they slant it to the left. Sorry that the only news network that is in the middle, the only one that would try giving him tough questions, took a few minutes out of the liberal programming to challenge Obama a little bit. I'm sure that was tough to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Sorry that the only news network that is in the middle
    I just had some Dew go through my nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mainstream liberal press politicizes EVERYTHING and they slant it to the left. Sorry that the only news network that is in the middle, the only one that would try giving him tough questions, took a few minutes out of the liberal programming to challenge Obama a little bit. I'm sure that was tough to handle.
    Not all of us like ingesting fecal matter so we will happily complain when it's put on our tv screens.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please get over yourself. Bill OReilly was being an asshat and he knew it. Obama isn't perfect but at least don't be a bully. More Conservitive rhetoric
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Agreed. The problem I have with the Obama administration is a complete lack of accountability when people make mistakes. whether it's Benghazi or the IRS deal or Fast and furious, no one gets fired and no one is held accountable for incompetency.
    There were numerous firings in relation to Benghazi, the IRS chief was fired over the fake IRS scandal, many people were fired over the fake fast and furious scandal. You just aren't dealing with reality. You are completely factually wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Middle of what?

Didn't you ever find it odd that all of the journalists, professors,and scientists seem to you to be skewing everything to the left? Maybe the problem is that that's where the facts line up.

Fox did something conservative.

I am offended. This is the most offend there has ever been.

Let's get ANGRY.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    He was trying to answer the question. If the answer is not to your liking, you get clarification, not interrupt until you hear what you want to. Nothing the President said was skirting around anything. It was the facts of what happened. If you don't like them, to bad.
    Fair enough, heres some of what I believe the pres. danced around.

When he knew that the healthcare.org site was inadequate to the strains put on it. He never really answered that question, furthermore There was plenty of computer experts who warned the HHS management that the site wasn't ready yet.

I mean, several hundred million dollars and years to get the site running correctly....and it failed miserably upon release....and no one got fired?

He didn't answer why the HHS secretary wasn't fired.

The pres. even said in the interview that accountability was going to be held......yet no one was fired or admonished. where's the accountability?

Anyway he danced around more questions regarding Libya and the IRS. While im not a fan of Bill interrupting, when you have a small time window to get answers and the pres. is dancing around the questions.....yeah I can understand bill holding his feet to the fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    did he mention anything about all the recent firings of military dudes in nukular administration?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Based on the time of your posts, I can conclude you hadn't even started watching the interview before you posted defending O'Reilly. Why should we then take you seriously?
    I mentioned in the second post I was halfway through.

There was also someone commenting about the interview that even admitted they didn't/ wouldn't watch it.

How does a silly person like this get to interview the President of the United States? The "I'm a taxpayer, I pay her salary"-kind of comments, no matter how "technically true" they may be, belong on forums like this written by some random nobodies, not in a serious interview with the President of the United States. Just makes him sound like a silly right-wing nut-job blinded by ideological conviction.

Deleted
    It's one thing to have a political opposition. It's another to have a political opposition with a voice named Bill O'Reilly. He is making such a fool of himself that it makes it impossible for any citizen to support his opinion. The more airtime Obama gets with Bill O'Reilly on national TV, the more people will change their political affiliation.

Witty Obama is witty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, heres some of what I believe the pres. danced around.

When he knew that the healthcare.org site was inadequate to the strains put on it. He never really answered that question, furthermore There was plenty of computer experts who warned the HHS management that the site wasn't ready yet.

I mean, several hundred million dollars and years to get the site running correctly....and it failed miserably upon release....and no one got fired?

He didn't answer why the HHS secretary wasn't fired.

The pres. even said in the interview that accountability was going to be held......yet no one was fired or admonished. where's the accountability?

Anyway he danced around more questions regarding Libya and the IRS. While im not a fan of Bill interrupting, when you have a small time window to get answers and the pres. is dancing around the questions.....yeah I can understand bill holding his feet to the fire.
    Because the superbowl is the worst time to ask political questions. It's an ambush. Good grief.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Not all of us like ingesting fecal matter so we will happily complain when it's put on our tv screens.
    You can always turn the channel, no one forces you to watch.