Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Now take a healing intensive fight, and the number shifts drastically towards healing rain; so if I were to evaluate healers (assuming that I am doing so because a fight is healing intensive?), would the fact that with everyone at full HP and each spell hitting its maximum number of targets, the raw healing of RJW will be the same as healing rain mean anything to me at all for the purposes of a real fight? HPS and HPCT cannot be calculated in a situation that is ideal to your class and then used to prove that somehow monks are anywhere as close to resto shamans.
    Thankfully that is completely irrelevant to what I was talking about because I never once mentioned overall balance in all situation between RJW and Healing Rain. I specifically mentioned Thok transitions in which the raid is always at 90-100% health, where RJW and Healing Rain do comparable healing. Try reading the thread next time before being an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadsorrow View Post
    Mistweavers are by far the worse heals in 25 man, i'd prefer bringing a druid or shaman any day over a monk currently

Resto shaman>Resto Druid>Disc priest>Holy paladin>Mistweaver

its the same reason why affinity went druid, monk healers couldn't provide enough throughput this tier
    Okay no. I'm going to tell you right now, why affinitii went druid.

Druids (right now) are slightly better at dealing with fire lines (thanks to tranq and not being limited by TFT). That is true, but Affinitii at the time, didn't have knowledge of how to handle that fight, as such he didn't use things like Glyphed Surging and heavy fistweaving cleave for that encounter. So at the time, druid was a better option.

The reality is shamans are the only 'important' throughput healer, because they have the most passive smart heals, have the most raid cds, and provide other unique utility. SH Paladins and Disc Priests suppress all the unimportant and burst healing. While all the other healing needed is covered by 4 other cds provided by shamans.

25 Druids are in the same boat as 25 monks. The truth of the matter is, I wouldn't want to have a druid or a monk in a raid.

Also lolwat Disc Priests are behind druids? Do we play the same game?

Also idrunkenheal, you're getting dumpstered because you don't have a cleave trinket. Cleave trinket is the only reason druids and monks can remotely keep up with shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    25 Druids are in the same boat as 25 monks. The truth of the matter is, I wouldn't want to have a druid or a monk in a raid.
    I'm not sure I would agree. Druids don't do a lot of healing either, but they do have more utility than quite literally any other healer in the game between Symbiosis, Stampeding Roar, Ursol's Vortex, and Typhoon, not to mention that they have an actual healing cooldown. If comps were based on just throughput every 25 man would have 2 Disc and 2 Shamans and filling with a Paladin or Druid. In reality though 2 Druids and a Holy Pally can work well with a Disc and Shaman (provided it's a 5 heal fight) through their sheer amount of utility and the fact that healing is kind of a joke this tier. There's even an odd Holy Priest here and there that seems to function just as well as a Druid might.

If you don't happen to have 2 competent Discs and 2 competent Shamans, practically any other healer can fill the void missing part of the pair. The exception of course is Mistweaver who has no cooldown, no utility to speak of that your Brewmaster can't take care of (and if you don't have a BrM you have a Warrior which is even better), and can only effectively heal damage patterns that simply do not exist in either of the last two tiers (with the one exception of Garrosh but that's one of the most poorly designed fights for healing I've ever seen). You may not "want" a Druid, but Mistweavers are in another league of bad in 25 man such that most guilds actively repel them.

Okay no. I'm going to tell you right now, why affinitii went druid.

Druids (right now) are slightly better at dealing with fire lines (thanks to tranq and not being limited by TFT). That is true, but Affinitii at the time, didn't have knowledge of how to handle that fight, as such he didn't use things like Glyphed Surging and heavy fistweaving cleave for that encounter. So at the time, druid was a better option.

The reality is shamans are the only 'important' throughput healer, because they have the most passive smart heals, have the most raid cds, and provide other unique utility. SH Paladins and Disc Priests suppress all the unimportant and burst healing. While all the other healing needed is covered by 4 other cds provided by shamans.

Also lolwat Disc Priests are behind druids? Do we play the same game?

Also idrunkenheal, you're getting dumpstered because you don't have a cleave trinket. Cleave trinket is the only reason druids and monks can remotely keep up with shamans.
    good thing I got mine this week. Also got the caster amp . Also did you know you can rank as a dps on warcraft logs. might make farm fun.

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    good thing I got mine this week. Also got the caster amp . Also did you know you can rank as a dps on warcraft logs. might make farm fun.
    Not really impressed with the caster amp, made me oom like crazy. Without reforging back to haste breakpoint not so sure it's worth it, and since there are so many fights where Cleave shine, not so sure I want to reforge for that yet.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Not really impressed with the caster amp, made me oom like crazy. Without reforging back to haste breakpoint not so sure it's worth it, and since there are so many fights where Cleave shine, not so sure I want to reforge for that yet.
    Caster amp is for ranking for dps silly.

Guys I switched to RJW last night and our shaman still beat me so Healing Rain is obviously better #truefacts #buffmonks

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the caster amp also increase your spirit? Which trinket are you switching out?
    Switching out a Nazgrims or Thok's should really make you go OOM less I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Doesn't the caster amp also increase your spirit? Which trinket are you switching out?
    Switching out a Nazgrims or Thok's should really make you go OOM less I'd imagine.
    unless it forces you to a higher breakpoint.

Caster amp is for ranking for dps silly.
    Suplift convinced me otherwise, so I said I'd give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you raid 25?

I mean cleave is pretty godly in 25 man with rjw.

You should go for the 15k bp with caster lmg with dual amps.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless it forces you to a higher breakpoint.
    So I am not sure how valuable staying at your BP is for 10m anymore. On a lot of fights, uplift is starting to get replaced with eminence for healing. For 25's I'd imagine the case would be quite different.

10+ Year Old Account
    haste is so eh in 10 man.

it's only good if you spam cjl

10+ Year Old Account
    I run 25 herioc with a 13/14 progression and we don't use mistweavers. Currently there are way to many issues with Rnw not hitting enough people even when tft. Monk has some great utility and can be used almost as good. But why bring a mistweaver who can only pull sub par numbers compared to say a resto druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Twixtor View Post
    I run 25 herioc with a 13/14 progression and we don't use mistweavers. Currently there are way to many issues with Rnw not hitting enough people even when tft. Monk has some great utility and can be used almost as good. But why bring a mistweaver who can only pull sub par numbers compared to say a resto druid.
    Why bring a resto druid who can only pull subpar numbers when compared to say a resto shaman or a disc priest? Monks bring damage, soaking, mobility, and cc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bring a resto druid who can only pull subpar numbers when compared to say a resto shaman or a disc priest? Monks bring damage, soaking, mobility, and cc.
    Resto druid mutilate mist weavers in number even on the same skill cap. in 25m soaking is not an issue. Mobility isn't anything that great this patch a side from thok but even still priest feathers are better for the raid then tigers lust. Lastly what class can't cc? You mean disarm? Rogues and warriors should be able to as well. I play a monk and love my class but do i think they need a big change yes! Mistweaver damage can be great "Yes lightning weaving is better then fist weaving if your a 10 man if your 25 m damage if not of a healers concern.

Don't you raid 25?

I mean cleave is pretty godly in 25 man with rjw.

You should go for the 15k bp with caster lmg with dual amps.
    Cleave is great, but only on stacked fights. Although seeing Multistrike pretty much caps at 3% (even if WF), it's rarely a good option. But the argument was I said cleave was too good and you said you would go double amp in 25 too when I claimed it was good only if you were fistweaving ;-)

I'd have to check the output for the 15k BP, but at this point I have other issues to fix first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleave is great, but only on stacked fights. Although seeing Multistrike pretty much caps at 3% (even if WF), it's rarely a good option. But the argument was I said cleave was too good and you said you would go double amp in 25 too when I claimed it was good only if you were fistweaving ;-)

I'd have to check the output for the 15k BP, but at this point I have other issues to fix first.
    I guesssssss

Deleted
    for the sake of trying shit out. on which ever bosses I come in on my monk for ill try the 15k hbp. I'm 25m etc nearly full bis hcwf so will see what happens. I will be Fistweaving.