Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixtor View Post
    Resto druid mutilate mist weavers in number even on the same skill cap. in 25m soaking is not an issue. Mobility isn't anything that great this patch a side from thok but even still priest feathers are better for the raid then tigers lust. Lastly what class can't cc? You mean disarm? Rogues and warriors should be able to as well. I play a monk and love my class but do i think they need a big change yes! Mistweaver damage can be great "Yes lightning weaving is better then fist weaving if your a 10 man if your 25 m damage if not of a healers concern.
    I soak on malkorok paragons and backup soak on Garrosh. I cc on garrosh as well. Leg sweep is a pretty nice stun. By mobility I meant we personally can get pretty much anywhere without much loss can be nice sometimes.

As most have mentioned the ReM RNG really screws us over because we can only half control where our healing goes. Mistweaver was great at a lot of fights in ToT Due to the nature of the damage. That is not the case in SoO

Quote Originally Posted by thefriskychip View Post
    As most have mentioned the ReM RNG really screws us over because we can only half control where our healing goes. Mistweaver was great at a lot of fights in ToT Due to the nature of the damage. That is not the case in SoO
    Technically it's not RNG since it is a smart heal going to most injured targets, but in 18 seconds, a lot of things will happen to that target which will turn the heal into overhealing.

I'm pretty sure they would fix most of our issues by bringing back the 4th jump, as it basically changes nothing for 10 man, and everything for 25s.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Technically it's not RNG since it is a smart heal going to most injured targets, but in 18 seconds, a lot of things will happen to that target which will turn the heal into overhealing.

I'm pretty sure they would fix most of our issues by bringing back the 4th jump, as it basically changes nothing for 10 man, and everything for 25s.
    It does not actually go to the most injured target, it goes to the closest or farthest target that is injured. Whether someone is at 1% or 99% health does not affect ReM's decision at all. Only range, if they have ReM already, and if they are equal to or less than 100% health are factored into the target selection. It sounds absurd because that would make it completely arbitrary who it goes on but sadly that's how the spell works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It does not actually go to the most injured target, it goes to the closest or farthest target that is injured. Whether someone is at 1% or 99% health does not affect ReM's decision at all. Only range, if they have ReM already, and if they are equal to or less than 100% health are factored into the target selection. It sounds absurd because that would make it completely arbitrary who it goes on but sadly that's how the spell works.
    Right, but it is still smarter than just jumping to the furthest target. At least this way if there is someone who took random damage recently, there is a good chance ReM will jump to him.

Looking to see what they do with this when they start nerfing smart heals for WoD. I really hope they don't consider this mild "I am not a braindead heal" in their gamut of "smart heals" to nerf.

Deleted
    Renewing Mist isn't remotely smart, spreading to an injured target is there to provide a spreading mechanism. There's also the fact that it's a HoT. In fact, we only got a strong smart heal in patch 5.4 with the retarded changes to AoE healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Renewing Mist isn't remotely smart, spreading to an injured target is there to provide a spreading mechanism. There's also the fact that it's a HoT. In fact, we only got a strong smart heal in patch 5.4 with the retarded changes to AoE healing.
    Eminence was already a smart heal? So was glyphed surging?

Jumping to the farthest injured target is smarter than, jumping to the farthest target. It is only one level away from jumping to the farthest 'most' injured target, which would make it a true smart heal (and also a lot more useful of). I'd like a smart heal, but I'll take a not-braindead heal over a completely random heal which could easily ignore an injured target and jump to a target with full HP just because they were the farthest away.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post

Jumping to the farthest injured target is smarter than, jumping to the farthest target. It is only one level away from jumping to the farthest 'most' injured target, which would make it a true smart heal (and also a lot more useful of). I'd like a smart heal, but I'll take a not-braindead heal over a completely random heal which could easily ignore an injured target and jump to a target with full HP just because they were the farthest away.
    this tier is there usually a difference between the two?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    this tier is there usually a difference between the two?
    Sure; take Naz for example. The disc's smart heals usually keep the entire raid topped off; the only people who are not at full hp constantly are the targets of bonecracker or the tanks. This means that when my ReM jumps, it usually jumps to the bone cracker targets or the tanks, over the other 6-7 people who are at full HP. So when I uplift, I usually am hitting all the bonecracker targets and the tanks in one go (I've noticed this in practice, so this isn't just pure conjecture).

There are other fights also it helps on; marginally on others versus some of course, but over all the fights in the tier, its a plus, not a neutral.

That's all well and good when you only have 10 people and have 60% ReM coverage all the time, too bad this thread isn't about 10 man.

You're totally right, for some reason I had memory problems with the tooltip. In the words of Homer Simpson.. D'oh.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    That's all well and good when you only have 10 people and have 60% ReM coverage all the time, too bad this thread isn't about 10 man.
    I mean, the entire reference to 6-7 people should have given away the fact that I was speaking about 10 man. If it didn't, well, I guess you can always make another quip about the level of argument to expect from me?

I mean, the entire reference to 6-7 people should have given away the fact that I was speaking about 10 man. If it didn't, well, I guess you can always make another quip about the level of argument to expect from me?
    It's almost like the thread title has 25m specifically in it and everyone else in this thread is talking about 25 man. The target selection is much more arbitrary there because which 25% of the raid has ReM is more important than if it was randomly covering 60%.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like the thread title has 25m specifically in it and everyone else in this thread is talking about 25 man. The target selection is much more arbitrary there because which 25% of the raid has ReM is more important than if it was randomly covering 60%.
    I could always make the simple argument that even in a 25 man, a heal that jumped to an injured target versus completely ignoring who was injured would still be better, but then, why? You are more interested in proving the lack of value in my arguments over what is being discussed.

It's not like you actually heal on a monk, so, carry on, and cheers!
    Last edited by st33l; 2014-02-07 at 11:10 AM.

It might be better, but how much better is a very small difference in 25 man because small amounts of damage happen to many more people at a time. In fact, having 2 of the 6 ReMs be wasted on tanks because they happen to be injured all the time could actually be a detriment as only one or two healers in 25 man actually need to care about healing the tanks. In the end, it could be totally random with the exception of not overwriting other ReMs and no one would notice a difference in 25 man. It's not a smart heal at all, it would actually be a more useful ability if it worked like Prayer of Healing, as disturbing as that is. It's a major part of why MW is weak in 25 mans.

And where did you get your information that I don't heal? I clearly know more about healing than you do because I spent 2 tiers playing MW before I had to switch to WW because it was nerfed to the ground, and I have still healed almost every Thok kill this tier. You might want to actually know what you're talking about before you start typing in the reply box.

Deleted

I said strong, as in actually capable of going neck and neck with other class' smart healing capabilities. Before 5.4 our only smart healing options were either weak, clumsy, or generally ineffective. Glyphed Surging was always okay, but cost inefficient and incapable of pulling the weight of something like Healing Stream Totem. Eminence was okay too, but again it is arbitrarily linked to a small radius and requires a huge downscaling in output unless you're in a certain situation.

I'd like to make the distinction that a smart heal requires a low enough execution time to be effective on it's targets. Renewing Mist is 18 seconds and could never be smart. This is why we are bad on fights that require long term spotty healing, and are incredibly stronk on fights like Garalon, Quilen dude, Lei Shen, Ra-Den, Norushen, and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2014-02-08 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Tide 0_0