Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Proper Balance Moonkin Glyphs

It's about time we got some proper balance druid glyphs! All the glyphs i have on my moonkin i am like meh, woopty doo.

No fun, no game changing glyphs. When i play alts they get some pretty cool glyphs but balance druids get screwed here. Will we get new glyphs for WoD?
    Hi

yeah probably and they'll all probably be really cool too

and then they will be nerfed into uselessness and you'll be using stampeding roar glyphs again by the first patch because thats just what happens when moonkins get nice things

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB glyph to be able to use fun transforming items and stay in moonkin form or just implement it period, only thing that keeps me in moonkin form and transformed is Mr. Smites Compass!

Deleted
    glyph of stampede and stampeding roar glyph are awesome, don't u guys raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosta View Post
    don't u guys raid?
    Nope never heard of such a thing before 8^) I just tell the raid you better be in range when I use it..........

Glyphs just underwent a change to remove gamebreaking/essential glyphs from the game, now you want them back "because other classes get cool glyphs".

Deleted
    I'd rather have utility glyph choices than being forced into the optimal glyph choice for DPS. We've been in that spot before, it was irritating then and would be irritating again.

they can be cool without being mandatory. look at shamans. shamans have a ton of cool glyphs.

resto druids do too. i guess its just moonkins. and, well, i can't think of anything good for moonkins either. other than guided stars, which i've wanted since forever, but we have it so idk.

maybe give us Earth & Moon back but it reduces our damage by an equivalent amount so we can provide the debuff without it impacting our dps? sounds too hard to balance, honestly, so nevermind.

maybe starsurge knockdown back on a glyph. just make it DR on itself so you cant stunlock someone with it.

old nature's grace would have situational value, but it could be potentially overpowered in those situations.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-02-04 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Glyphs just underwent a change to remove gamebreaking/essential glyphs from the game, now you want them back "because other classes get cool glyphs".
    i don't necessariyl want 5% dmg buff to wrath for example, but glyphs that provide something moonkin-y would be fun. More utility. I see alot of moonkins running both stampede glyphs. 2 glyphs for 1 spell ?? zzz

look at warriors for example, they have heaps of cool glyphs charge leaves fire path, thunderclap does lightning strikes... what does balance druid get? not much
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    look at warriors for example, they have heaps of cool glyphs charge leaves fire path, thunderclap does lightning strikes... what does balance druid get? not much
    That's called a minor glyph, druids have plenty of those and they are pretty cool, especially astral form glyph. Fall damage reduction one I really like too. More have been added throughout xpac (one with nature glyph) and will be more in warlords.

Most classes complain about their glyphs, moonkin does have one good glyph atm, glyph of guided stars, good in some situations, maybe less ideal in others. Good glyphs are usually tradeoffs that are situationally better or slightly alter a spell to behave differently. Stamp roar range isn't really a choice because you don't want to ever miss someone in the raid and usually ppl can't stack for it anyway and it's just easier to glyph rather than force the entire raid to move lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guided stars is pretty much useless. Starfall will only ever hit targets that are not cc'd. No reason to limit it to which ever targets have your dots on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Guided stars is pretty much useless. Starfall will only ever hit targets that are not cc'd. No reason to limit it to which ever targets have your dots on them.
    What about fights with adds that don't need DPSing, like Garrosh, where boss dps is all that matters?

What about Malkorok, where hitting the adds with starfall will give you aggro and a -haste debuff?

or fights like deathwing where you're wasting stars on arms when tents need to die

or fights like omnitron where your stars are hitting shields and causing problems

or fights like spine where your starfall is pulling aggro on bloods

or fights like windlord where stars DO break cc even though they SHOULDNT because this game is broken

or fights like al'akir where starfall is killing the static charge in transition

or fights like amber shaper where you are trying to control the bosses' health very precisely

or fights like klaxxi where only one boss needs to die

or fights like shamans where you only want stars to hit the boss

i could probably keep going with this. there are so many times ive said to myself and my raid "fucking starfall"

guided stars is a much needed glyph and has been for years. if you think because blizzard all of a sudden "fixed" starfall that its never gonna hit things you dont want it to again, well, i've got news for you. blizzard "fixes starfall" at least once an expansion.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-02-06 at 12:41 PM.

It's very difficult for Blizzard to strike a balance between fun-and-useful glyphs and objectively-better-and-therefore-mandatory glyphs. I'd prefer the first option, if given the choice, though. Unfortunately Blizzard has gone to the entire opposite end of the spectrum with everything -is-practically-useless glyphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A glyph that increases Astral Storm's damage and decreases Hurricane's dmaage to make them deal equal damage in their respective eclipse states.

A glyph that allows you to place Wild Mushrooms without interrupting a Hurricane/Astral Storm Channel but reduces the total number of mushrooms that can be up at any one time to 2. (would this be innappropriate? too strong? or too weak?)

A glyph that causes your Wrath and Starfire spells to apply the 5% increased spell dmg. debuff (i.e. Curse of the Elements, Master Poisoner)to any target they hit

A glyph that allows you to channel Astral Communion while moving but lengthens the tic period by 20%

A glyph that causes you to gain 10 Solar or Lunar Energy whenever you are silenced, stunned, incapacitated, feared, put to sleep, or charmed while not in an Eclipse state.

A glyph that converts Solar Beam from a silence into a 3 second stun.

- - - Updated - - -

A glyph that causes the Owlkin Frenzy buff to proc every time you land a killing blow on a target that yields experience or honor.

A glyph that allows Healing Touch to yield 20 Lunar or Solar Energy when cast out of an eclipse state.

A glyph that makes your next Healing Touch free and instant whenever you land a killing blow on a target that yields experience or honor, can only be activated once every 20 seconds.

A glyph that allows Faerie Fire to dispel one beneficial magical effect from the target, but it no longer prevents stealth or invisibility.

A glyph that allows Faeriy Fire to grant 20 Lunar or Solar energy when cast out of an eclipse state.

A glyph that increases the radius of Astral Storm and Hurricane by 5 yards.

A glyph that increases the cooldown of Barkskin to 2 min. but doubles its damage preventive strength.

A glyph that lets you cast Wrath or Starfire while moving but only when you are not in an eclipse state.

A glyph that make Moonfire and Sunfire undispellable but their damage is reduced by 20%.

A glyph that increases the armor bonus of your Moonkin Form by 60%.

A glyph of Thorns that causes Barkskin to redirect damage instead of prevent it.

A glyph that allows you to cast Wrath or Starfire while moving but only when you are not in an eclipse state.

A glyph that causes Might of Ursoc to purge you of all harmful magical effects.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2014-02-07 at 10:23 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    all the good ideas
    /clap, clap, clap

blizzard hire this man. almost all of those sounds 100% fair, except maybe the equalization of hurricane and astral storm. mostly because i see it as becoming a mandatory glyph like moving lightning bolt for ele shaman, eg it should be baseline. and, well, maybe the undispellable dots, unless it also slightly reduced your chance to proc a starsurge. barkskin glyph would also have to be "using this glyph will put survival instincts and barkskin on the same cooldown" or something, to prevent ferals from being even more unkillable than they are now.

speaking of shamans, i wouldn't be putting the moonkin away (main since end of tbc) to play mine if i had that array of of abilities to choose from. i mostly pvp now and while moonkin will always be my spirit animal i'm not a rank 1 glad player with the reflexes of the flash so moonkin isn't viable for me.

someone please cross post this to the official druid forums. i specifically remember posting a suggestion for guided stars exactly how it appears in game now (before i got banned for being an insufferable troll). who knows, really, but maybe the devs saw it and thought it was a good idea. i'd love to have even half of these options.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-02-09 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Brilliance. Pure briliance.
    These are all great ideas that we will never get. Thanks for showing me everything Ill never have :[

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    These are all great ideas that we will never get. Thanks for showing me everything Ill never have :[
    most of the idea are just copied from glyphs that already exist for other classes (dispel immunity and free heal after a kill is cribbed from Death Knights, Armor Bonus is crinned from Priests etc.) if they work for those classes, i can't see why they can be balanced for Druids.

i always thought it was absurd that Warriors get like 20 glyphs that all count as DPS increases

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

glyph of Solar Beam: Also disarm the target for the duration, All i ask.

Deleted
    Glyph of splitting stars - causes your starsurge to hit additional nearby target for 50% of the original damage.
    either glyph or baseline: able to store 2x starsurge procs aka frost mage's finger of frost