Poll: Would you want to see a gameplay similar to Scorch Weaving brought back to arcane

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    The current Arcane is both boring and it ain't fun either. It can be hard at times to position yourself, but we have had to deal with that for the past 9 years as Mages, so for experienced players it ain't really challenging either. More towards being annoyed that your spec cannot move as freely as other classes and specs. Which leads to you being frustrated each time you have to move.
    Lets not pretend that arcane's mobility problems are rooted only in not having scorch. Rune of power FTL

@Noxiye. I was making a lighthearted joke, and you are flaming mad and off the topic of this thread. That is all. PS: please dont involve me with that awful frost spec
    Last edited by Pretzul; 2014-02-03 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzul View Post
    Lets not pretend that arcane's mobility problems are rooted only in not having scorch. Rune of power FTL
    No, no.. I'm not defending Scorch in any way really. I was just pointing out that the current Arcane ain't really perfect either. The spec just doesn't make sense, when every other spec has a way to deal with movement and you get punished from having to move rather than rewarded from positioning yourself right.

No, no.. I'm not defending Scorch in any way really. I was just pointing out that the current Arcane ain't really perfect either. The spec just doesn't make sense, when every other spec has a way to deal with movement and you get punished from having to move rather than rewarded from positioning yourself right.
    I agree. I am ok with movement and positioning, spell choice, and movement being part of min-maxing in arcane. But the tools we have been given to do so are severely lacking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretzul View Post

@Noxiye. I was making a lighthearted joke, and you are flaming mad and off the topic of this thread. That is all. PS: please dont involve me with that awful frost spec
    I'm not mad at all, I just thought it was a weird thing to bring up, so I retaliated. As you may have guessed at this point, my main is a Warlock. No ill intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I'm not mad at all
    I'm not going to insist upon anything, but you still haven't made a contribution to the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I liked it, but really wouldn't care either way.

Old arcane "burn / conserve" was better than anything MOP has but scorch weaving was fine. The current arcane "playstyle" is exactly the same except you weave with AE or cone of cold or applying another bomb or whatever other spell you can.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Having a weak "poke" ability while moving is fine as long as it doesn't jailbreak the mana management system for arcane like scorch "weaving" did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

How to fix:
    - AM castable while moving
    - Rune of Power (assuming it's staying) lingers on you for ~3-5s after you step out of it
    - Rune of Power is auto-placed at your feet after standing still for 1.5s

Oh look. Arcane is now significantly more mobile. So glad I went through an entire expansion to figure out a method that worked better. *Shakes fist at retarded Mage devs*

Now you're not super-punished for bad placement, and you're rewarded if you can sit still for a second and a half with at minimum, ~3-5s of Rune of Power, even if you need to get moving again.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Am I missing something, or is this subforum/poster delusional? It implies Mages were/are hard without Scorch weaving. Since when are Mages hard? I don't recall this ever being true in PvE (and I'm pretty sure Demonology Warlock is the hardest caster (can't speak for all DPS), so that's an odd comparison as well. Maybe the suggestion was that it made Mages harder?).
    Arcane on dummy is still quite easy, but to put to practice on a real fight, it's one of the harder specs in the game right now.

Reaching skill cap that is. Probably quite easy to perform at 80% compared to other classes, but not 100%.

I had more fun with Scorch arcane than current arcane.
    I dont play my mage or my chosen spec because it boosts my epeen. I play because its fun!

SW Arcane was hardly the first OP unintended way of playing and it wont be the last. There was no need to overhaul the spec, a few tweaks here and there would have been fine.

Returning to that playstyle with full arcane themed spells with the damage in check for WoD would be perfectly fine in my book.

Deleted
    Arcane has not had any mobility issues this tier and as such, scorch isn't necessary for it to be a progression spec. There have been bosses early on (10man) where arcane has fallen behind because of a demand for mobility (siege and thok). Switching specs on progress bosses is the most satisfying thing in the world for me personally, so i don't mind having to do so on 2/14 bosses of a tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for someone to actually talk about the thing that was asked in the poll question.

My answer is maybe. I do not want a filler spell to keep me at max Charges indefinitely. I want more spells to interact with each other or with Charges. I'll draw up some comparisons:

Current: Bomb, Blast x4, Missiles x2, Barrage (simplified of course), shortest cooldown we have is unglyphed Power 90 seconds
    Scorch-Weaving in 5.1: Bomb, Blast x6, Missiles x2, Scorch x(a lot)

What I want: an extra spell to generate charges occasionally, an extra spell to spend charges occasionally (for example on 35-40 second cooldowns), integrate the use of those two spells into our mastery which I still love and find amazing. (no, really, I think Mana Adept is the best Mastery in the game, just needs to be played around a bit more). I don't want a filler spell that I would cast more times than Blast. I like Blast as a primary spell. I like building and rebuilding up Charges. That's why I miss the damned Flame Orb from Cataclysm, I had another spell to use every 1 minute which actually helped with Mastery and looked cool while doing it. That's the kind of "scorch-weaving" I want.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    What I want: an extra spell to generate charges occasionally, an extra spell to spend charges occasionally (for example on 35-40 second cooldowns), integrate the use of those two spells into our mastery which I still love and find amazing. (no, really, I think Mana Adept is the best Mastery in the game, just needs to be played around a bit more). I don't want a filler spell that I would cast more times than Blast. I like Blast as a primary spell. I like building and rebuilding up Charges. That's why I miss the damned Flame Orb from Cataclysm, I had another spell to use every 1 minute which actually helped with Mastery and looked cool while doing it. That's the kind of "scorch-weaving" I want.
    I agree. dont misunderstand this but the thing i have to use a "fire spell" for playing arcane is something i can get into my head - i don't want to get this in my head. Xou know what i mean ... I miss the Orb too but more difference by Mage specs would be amazing. If i say difference i mean things like arcane spells for arcane spec, fire spells for fire and frost spells for frost spec. In my opinion the only "fun" spec to play is fire cause of its "boom and bang bang big explosions" you feel du dealing dmg like hell. For Arcane or Frost i didn't feel it, if you can agree with this ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt it with all 3 specs. I don't need to see numbers to feel it, but with Frost I felt it with brain freeze lance lance combos and with arcane I feel it every day with missiles missiles blast barrage. I just want to play around Mastery more and all it takes to do it is add 1-2 more arcane spells that will dance with mastery.
    My magic will tear you apart.

I don't mean the numbers for feeling the spec, its the play style.explosions, effects like the fire way. i missed this effects for arcane and frost - specially arcane, Arcane do need more spells - thats right - but not fire or frost specific spells - thats what i mean. It don't feels right in any way to play fire and use NT and it don't feels right to use scorch while playing arcane - thats my point

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    What I want: an extra spell to generate charges occasionally
    So essentially like Chi Brew for Monks. 2 brew charges on a 45sec recharge timer which each build 2 Chi.

an extra spell to spend charges occasionally
    Think: Thunder Focus Tea for Monks. 45sec CD, consumes 2 Chi. Enhances other abilities.
    Last edited by Mastamage; 2014-02-07 at 12:49 AM.

Personally I loved the game play of scorchweave and even somewhat taught my guilds mages during the time to do it since they were still playing as fire or doing PoM Arcane and then notied me doing scorchweave cause of how much I look at videos or forums, but if anything would love like just missiles to be cast while moving or give us an orb but the thing about scorchweave, it was just to strong in all aspects