Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Will the next class be the last class in WoW?

Demon Hunters ...
    Can't wait for them. I'm 75% sure they will be the last class that Blizzard will add. For all players who disagree by writing that Demon Hunters' spells are used by warlocks and they are similar to rogues i would say they are not 100% similar. Its like Priests and Paladins. Priests use Flash Heal and Paladins use Flash of Light. Demon Hunters may use Immolating Shield and Warlocks use Immolate . Demon Hunters may use Dark Defence and rogues use Evasion. We know BLizzard has the creativity to make Demon Hunters work like they did with priests and paladins.

There is no last anything, they'll stop making classes when they stop making expansions, which they will do when the game is no longer viable. Likely many years from now

I personally think they will probably make Demon Hunters at some point, seeing as how popular they are. Will be difficult to do.

You really can't handwave away the fact that Demo locks have their entire spec built around Metamorphosis, which is and always was intended to represent precisely the Metamorphosis from Warcraft III. The classes in WoW vs. War III don't match up exactly, but a Demon Hunter was meant to be the Night Elf version of a Warlock. This is because Heroes from War III were race specific, whereas classes in WoW are not. It meant some Hero types had to be jammed together to make it fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I would much rather see more work done developing current classes than have them introduce more. Personal opinion of course, but would be great to see a 4th spec (yes yes, I know) for existing classes.

New classes mean you either need to re-roll or level another alt to enjoy the class. Something I've done with both Monks and DK's (both were mains for atleast 1 Tier), but not something I'm overly keen to repeat, although will if/when the next class comes along.

Putting those new classes in the form of new specs for existing classes, lets everyone experience something new without it being a side project or abandoning their main. They could even make it a "level 110" class quest to your classes "sub class" for example.

Just not a fan of "here's another class, if you don't play it, you don't get anything new".

10+ Year Old Account
    It's unlikely, there will be any more classes...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Why are people so fascinated by the concept of Demon Hunters?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

There won't be any more classes, so you can forget about that silly Demon Hunter. Even if they go insane and add another class, it won't be demon hunter. You see, we spend under 1% of our playing timer actually killing demons, don't you thing it would be fucking retarded to be a demon hunter and hunt bears and wolfs and boars and fucking birds all the time? Sure it makes sense in diablo, where you kill demons all the time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It's unlikely, there will be any more classes...
    Strongly, strongly doubt there won't be. Sure, it's not exactly fun for them trying to balance them, but they're obviously a HUGE selling point, and as we all know, $$ comes first. It's not exactly a difficult concept to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather just seem them implement a 4th spec or completely overhaul current classes now. I.e. Mage > Archmage, Druid > Archdruid, Shaman > Farseer, Warrior > Gladiator, Warlock > Necromancer, Priest > High Priest....yeah you get my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    There won't be any more classes, so you can forget about that silly Demon Hunter. Even if they go insane and add another class, it won't be demon hunter. You see, we spend under 1% of our playing timer actually killing demons, don't you thing it would be fucking retarded to be a demon hunter and hunt bears and wolfs and boars and fucking birds all the time? Sure it makes sense in diablo, where you kill demons all the time...
    Those innocent spiders in Act 1 were most certainly not demons, young man! I suppose our Demon Hunters should have just strolled through them whilst being poisoned, webbed, stung etcetera, simply because they're beneath him/her since they're not demons.

Deleted
    Poster is talking about this new class like its already announced. Am I missed something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There is no last anything, they'll stop making classes when they stop making expansions, which they will do when the game is no longer viable. Likely many years from now

I personally think they will probably make Demon Hunters at some point, seeing as how popular they are. Will be difficult to do.

You really can't handwave away the fact that Demo locks have their entire spec built around Metamorphosis, which is and always was intended to represent precisely the Metamorphosis from Warcraft III. The classes in WoW vs. War III don't match up exactly, but a Demon Hunter was meant to be the Night Elf version of a Warlock. This is because Heroes from War III were race specific, whereas classes in WoW are not. It meant some Hero types had to be jammed together to make it fit.
    No, It wasn't.
    A demon hunter is a melee using demonic powers.
    A warlock is a caster using demonic powers.
    It's just normal for them to have some spells in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They'll probably bake the demon hunter into the Burning Legion/Sargeras expansion....whenever they get around to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To vehemently defend the claim like OP would is to present to these very forums a ludicrous display of ignorance and unawareness so profound and comical that it might actually deserve its own time slot on The History Channel.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Demon Hunters ...
    Can't wait for them. I'm 75% sure they will be the last class that Blizzard will add. For all players who disagree by writing that Demon Hunters' spells are used by warlocks and they are similar to rogues i would say they are not 100% similar. Its like Priests and Paladins. Priests use Flash Heal and Paladins use Flash of Light. Demon Hunters may use Immolating Shield and Warlocks use Immolate . Demon Hunters may use Dark Defence and rogues use Evasion. We know BLizzard has the creativity to make Demon Hunters work like they did with priests and paladins.
    I think there may be room for one more class to be developed. But I sincerely doubt it would be a Demon Hunter class - at least, a Demon Hunter as presented within WoW. The design space used for that is simply already used. The Paladin and Priest analogy is false...those occupy different design spaces. Simply sharing a school of magic doesn't create the same degree of overlap. Nowere near the same degree of overlap and that's leaving aside Blizzards design direction whih has seen more and more of the DH cannibalised for the Warlock class.

Putting it simply - if Blizzard had any intention of the DH class becoming playable as a class, they would never be cannibalising it. A new class woudl also need to be very different from existing classes in order to ahve an impact taht makes it worth developing. DHs don't fit either way.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2014-02-03 at 07:54 AM.

No, there will be a resorting of classes at some point where certain classes become specs of similar classes and a character's class will end up being a semi-permanent spec, so while the answer may technically be yes, it will literally be no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    No, there will be a resorting of classes at some point where certain classes become specs of similar classes and a character's class will end up being a semi-permanent spec, so while the answer may technically be yes, it will literally be no.
    I...wha? I didn't understand a word of that >.>

I seriously don't get the attraction to Demon Hunters. To me, it's just the epitome of fanboi-ism. ZOMG I <3 ILLIDAN, MUST MAKE DEMON HUNTARD NAO! I really hope they never actually add that into the game. I do hope they continue coming up with interesting class ideas, though. I think some sort of engineering-based class is long overdue; Tinker, whatever you feel like calling it I guess. Either way, both Goblins and Gnomes are heavy tech users, it just seems logical that there should be a class (hell, maybe even exclusive to those two races?) that relies on engineering as a class. So much could be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I...wha? I didn't understand a word of that >.>
    I was joking, but I'll clarify anyway.

WoW will eventually need to redefine how classes work. Since there is tons of overlap in class abilities and mechanics it will eventually be accepted that the class name is mostly cosmetic. When this occurs, several classes will disappear, and be recreated as specializations of the remaining classes. At this point, a character's specialization will be more indicative of play style than their class, and specialization will become the primary way a character is referred to.

When this occurs, what we think of classes will still be created, but due to the new paradigm of specializations being identical to what we now think of as classes those new classes will in fact be specializations. So, while no new classes will be created, something identical to new classes will be created.

All the same, totally not serious. It would be a lot of effort and mostly piss people off.

Deleted
    There is no law of nature that prevents blizzard from adding multiple new classes in wow, or change the game fundamentally. If blizzard wants to add new classes, they will rig the game enough so new class will fit in.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that 12 classes would be a good place for Blizzard to stop implementing classes (we need a third mail armor class), I highly doubt the 12th class will be a Demon Hunter.

For starters, the very name causes overlap with an existing class. Blizzard will never introduce a class into the game that shares its name with an existing class. Its the same reason you'll never see a Battle Mage, Shadow Hunter, Blood Mage, or Arch Druid class. We're not even getting into the ability overlaps with Warlocks and Rogues.

Blizzard tends to create classes that are unique from existing classes, and have broad archetypes so that they can structure 3 (or 4) unique specs. A technology-based class fits that mold almost perfectly. The rapid expansion of technology in WoW supports the idea that such a class could exist in the game world. Also, Goblins and (especially) Gnomes need some class love. No existing class really fits the technology side of their respective races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    While I agree that 12 classes would be a good place for Blizzard to stop implementing classes (we need a third mail armor class), I highly doubt the 12th class will be a Demon Hunter.

For starters, the very name causes overlap with an existing class. Blizzard will never introduce a class into the game that shares its name with an existing class. Its the same reason you'll never see a Battle Mage, Shadow Hunter, Blood Mage, or Arch Druid class. We're not even getting into the ability overlaps with Warlocks and Rogues.

Blizzard tends to create classes that are unique from existing classes, and have broad archetypes so that they can structure 3 (or 4) unique specs. A technology-based class fits that mold almost perfectly. The rapid expansion of technology in WoW supports the idea that such a class could exist in the game world. Also, Goblins and (especially) Gnomes need some class love. No existing class really fits the technology side of their respective races.
    Mists of pandaria shows that blizzard is able to create entire lore out of nothing. Demon hunter is no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Mists of pandaria shows that blizzard is able to create entire lore out of nothing. Demon hunter is no problem.
    Except it wasn't from nothing. Mists of Pandaria was based on lore that began in WC3 surrounding the Pandaren Brewmaster. Blizzard took that initial lore and expanded upon it. However, its important to note that the base was already in place, and Blizzard had to adhere to that base for people to accept the expansion as part of Warcraft. If WoW Pandaria didn't gel with the original lore from WC3, people wouldn't have recognized it, and just figured it was some continent we needed to explore.

Demon Hunters are no different. They have a base from WC3, and if Blizzard strays too far from that base, the concept becomes unrecognizable. So if your goal is to bring Demon Hunters into WoW to appeal to all the suppsoed DH fans out there, then it needs to resemble the DH from WC3 games. That means half naked elven warrior with twin warglaives and a blindfold. The problem with DHs is that base is already utilized by other classes. Again, even the name overlaps with existing classes.

Blizzard themselves even pointed this out.