Question Performance Review Request

Good morning, Warriors!

I'm seeking council on my performance last night as Fury. Up front I will say that my main spec is and always will be Arms but I cannot argue the performance gain of Fury in the higher item levels. The problem is, though, that I do not feel I'm optimizing my output as Fury. This could be due to the fact that the rotation is still..... wonky? to me and I'm not fully comfortable with it. It could be that I'm missing something important or consistently missing something.

I want to also state that, up front, I know how to review my logs to some extent and I know when I'm making mistakes as the fight progresses. Such things include starting a fight in defensive stance. (Yes.... I did that last night... ugh). The typical mistakes I see myself making are rotational issues such as using Storm Bolt outside a Colossus Smash window or forgetting to use Dragon Roar. (I also realize that, with my weapons, Bladestorm may be the talent of preference but that's another topic of discussion). There are other times where I notice that I could have used an ability better (or saved an ability for later) and, basically, the point of this thread is to have more eyes other than my own review these logs to see something I may be missing or regularly messing up / forgetting.

I realize there are talented players out there scouring these boards and are willing to help so here I am placing myself (and my performance) on the chopping block, so to speak. If you take the time to review this log and provide feedback I greatly appreciate it.

Here are the links that you will most likely want. If you wish to have others then simply ask for them. Thanks!

Last edited by Sajakain; 2014-02-03 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Added Screenshot Link

Hi Sajakain,

I'm probably not the bet adviser but after a quick review i can see most of the mistake you can have.

You might not be tracking any of your buffs (Screenshot of your UI would be appreciated.)

On a fight with no padding like malkorok normal (i took into account that you soak a few purple shit he does.)

you can almost double the amount of bloodthirst only 28 during a fight of 224 sec you should be closer to 40 or 49 (if you are perfect)

By that you should have the double amount of RB and an enrage uptime closer to 80% - 90%

you used your rage berserker only twice you could have used it 7 times if you had trouble with your BT Crit. but you got almost 42 % effective crit against malko that should not be an issue.

Same for dragon roar, without trinket at least 3 times instead of 2
    synaspse spring , 3 times instead of 2
    Mogu pot : Twice instead of only one (it's called pre pot if you ever heard of it ^^)

Your Colossal strike is pretty much perfect so i'm wondering what do you put in it. you need to prioritize more your Bt (bloodthrist) and keep track of your enrage uptime.

with your flex galakras trinket i'm pretty sure you can't feel all CS with a stormbolt. so you need to be even more carefull how to spend your Raging blow.)

this was just a quick answer, many warrior who will answer you and might prove me wrong but this is my opinion !

Good luck !

Excuse me if i made some mistake, the shakespear language is not my birthlanguage.
    Last edited by terkhal; 2014-02-03 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terkhal View Post
    You might not be tracking any of your buffs (Screenshot of your UI would be appreciated.)[[
    I've updated the original post with a screenshot of my UI. You can see where my applied buffs and debuffs are tracked via the addon "Need To Know". Specifically you can see what is tracked, as well.

On a fight with no padding like malkorok normal (i took into account that you soak a few purple shit he does.) you can almost double the amount of bloodthirst only 28 during a fight of 224 sec you should be closer to 40 or 49 (if you are perfect). By that you should have the double amount of RB and an enrage uptime closer to 80% - 90%
    This is probably due to how I handle my Colossus Smash window. I'll explain this further in a moment...

you used your rage berserker only twice you could have used it 7 times if you had trouble with your BT Crit. but you got almost 42 % effective crit against malko that should not be an issue. Same for dragon roar, without trinket at least 3 times instead of 2. Synaspse spring , 3 times instead of 2. Mogu pot : Twice instead of only one (it's called pre pot if you ever heard of it ^^)
    This is more of what I was hinting at in the OP as abilities and such that I'm missing. Perhaps some macros combining abilities (such as my Synaspse Springs) to be more efficient in their usage will help. And yes, =), I'm aware of pre-potting lol. (I realize that some do not and that's cool that you mentioned it. )

As far as using Berserker Rage I'm more or less trying to use it in such a manner that, even with a Storm Bolt, I can get 3 Raging Blows within one CS window. Two via a BT proc and the third with Berserker Rage. Perhaps this is wrong but it's what I'm currently aiming for.

Your Colossal strike is pretty much perfect so i'm wondering what do you put in it. you need to prioritize more your Bt (bloodthrist) and keep track of your enrage uptime.
    Inside a Colossus Smash (which is what I'm presuming you meant instead of "Colossal Strike"), I try and hit the following rotation:

• Storm Bolt -> Heroic Strike
    • Raging Blow -> Heroic Strike
    • Raging Blow -> Heroic Strike
    • Berserker Rage -> Raging Blow -> Heroic Strike

Ideally this is able to be done. Sometimes, though, I may miss a Storm Bolt as the first GCD used. In some situations the 3rd Raging Blow is replaced by Storm Bolt. You'll notice (and this is tied to what I mentioned to up above) that Bloodthirst is not listed. This is because I typically have 2 stacks of RB ready to go and I use Berserker Rage to get the 3rd. This may (or may not) affect the number of Bloodthirst hits expected within a specified time range (224 seconds, for example).

with your flex galakras trinket i'm pretty sure you can't feel all CS with a stormbolt. so you need to be even more carefull how to spend your Raging blow.)
    If the CD is handled properly then it actually comes out that Storm Bolt is lined up as the first GCD available within Colossus Smash. Sometimes it's ever so slightly behind and I may wait 1 GCD to have it. If I get too far behind, as stated above, it typically ends up being the last GCD I use within my Colossus Smash window.

this was just a quick answer, many warrior who will answer you and might prove me wrong but this is my opinion ! Good luck ! Excuse me if i made some mistake, the shakespear language is not my birthlanguage.
    As I stated in the OP; any review and reply is appreciated. I'm wanting more eyes on my output so I can make adjustments in areas I may miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your dps doesn't seem like its that low compared to your gear level the only Log I see here is thok and your dps will always be a bit low on that do to movement/not getting to keep deep wounds up 100% of the time, and add switching. Also are you trying to fit in heroic leaps during CS when you can it's not a huge thing but every bit helps. Your hits also a bit high so if you can shave some of that off for more crit try to do that. Sorry if this doesn't help to much

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Your dps doesn't seem like its that low compared to your gear level the only Log I see here is thok...
    You can click on "Thok The Bloodthirsty" (In the log) and it'll provide you with a drop down of all fights on the log. The default listing is the last boss kill (or pull in this specific case). As far as your Heroic Leap question I specifically save that for mobility and only use it for damage when mobility is not an issue.

There is actually a sticky post for this at the top of the forum. Though I like that you are using Warcraft Logs! Hope it continues to catch on, we need all the people using it that we can get to continue testing and get ready for a full migration away from WoL before WoD.

You should follow the rotation posted in the Fury guide stickied in this forum. Your CS rotation is wrong, and I suspect that might be one of the reasons you are seeing low DPS. While getting 3RBs and a SB inside CS is higher DPS than the standard rotation with a BT, you miss out on the rage gained from BT as well as the extra stack of RB. What you should be doing is:

BT -> CS -> [ RB -> BT -> SB -> RB ] (with 4x heroic strike preferably)

Extra stacks of RB should be used outside of CS. With the rotation you linked, I suspect you won't be using many RBs outside of CS, which can result in RB charges being wasted (which is a very large DPS loss). Skipping the BT inside CS also means you miss rage and a potential RB charge again a large DPS loss. While you can do it, and it can be a good idea if CDs are running, generally speaking you want to use the BT inside CS.

That was just a small observation, but I think it results in a quite huge DPS loss for you not to follow the correct rotation. See the Fury guide on the forum, and learn the rotation probably. When I advice people how to become better with their warrior I go for three simple steps:

Assuming you know the basics of raiding, keep high uptime on boss, don't stand in fire etc
    1: Get the rotation right, make it second nature for you
    2: focus on enrage uptime and proper use of cooldowns
    3: Learn all the small tweaks, the advanced stuff

Get each one right before you move on. Hope it helps

Try to work WA into your UI, also.

Work one at a time until you get something like this
    http://i.imgur.com/IsFCCtY.jpg

I would give my own audit, but the others have already told you some basic information to help you play better. Here is what I get from glancing at your ST rotation really quick:

Why are you not using SB at all in some CS windows? And why are there some with only 1RB? With 40% crit (~what you have) 2RB in a CS is trivial, if you manage your charges.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guide-Fury-PVE
    There is the guide, better than any Noxxic or Icy Veins guides by miles.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2014-02-04 at 04:15 PM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

10+ Year Old Account
    The rotation side is being covered in the Fury PvE sticky, which I advice you to read. Rather ask about things you wonder about from there than to make a new thread.
    Anyway, what I'm here for. If you want some simple WA setup for your fury, I made some based off of the Clampy protection strings layout.
    It's for both fury and arms, and you can find the strings here.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

10+ Year Old Account
    I am closing this thread. Please use the stickies provided.