Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,112
    Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Or you can call some of your buddies together and destroy said asshole then grief him?? I play on pve realm and if someone is flagged pvp they're fair game and if you can see them flagged why not kill them instead of just sitting and crying about how he's on top of your loot mob
    because they suck at pvp obv.


    anyways they wont totally remove world pvp for pve realms.. city raids are still a thing.

  2. #42
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    265
    There are plenty of ways to get someone unintentionally flagged for PvP when they do not wish to be. That they are fixing it so that you have to actively flag yourself is a good thing.

    As for the subject of capitals and faction bosses once in an enemy city its on!

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    4,198
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    How does one accidentally flag ones self? Casting AOE near an enemy? No. Tabing the wrong target and casting a spell? Yes. SO be less careless and avoid it.
    People aren't machines. They will make mistakes, especially in the heat of the moment. Sometimes people won't have health bars on and will accidentally click someone standing on top of a quest turn in. Sometimes, yes, they will tab target. But there is absolutely no real reason to argue against what they're implementing unless you're just trying to be a some kind of internet hardass.
    In 8 years of play I never MISTAKENLY flagged myself.
    Grats on your achievement, bro. That'll look real nice on job applications.
    Look! Words!

  4. #44
    High Overlord Nihilostromrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    Isn't the main premise of the game Horde vs Alliance? Also, how do you accidentally flag yourself?
    I do agree that forced pvp is bollix…if you want to play hello kitty with swords… ok..amen to that. No one should make you fight. buttttt
    Its sickening to see that players avoid pvp as much as they do. Its as if they've forgotten the whole premise of the game is to kill the enemy and are simply afraid.
    You are free to hide in a pve realm, and avoid fighting for your faction but there are rules even in the cushy pve world that should be kept such as tagging opposing faction npc's and participating in world pvp by any means. Its a valuable lesson people learn once or twice. Campers and griefers are an annoyance to the overall game players experience no doubt but can be easily avoided by alert players made keen by actually fighting the real enemy instead of loot pinatas.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I find that hard to believe. I suppose you could just sit there and take it when I park my flagged druid and her proto-drake over the Lunar Festival merchant, surrounded by guards. I've gotten a lot of people killed with this. Epic amounts actually.
    Show friendly nameplates is your friend.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Or you can call some of your buddies together and destroy said asshole then grief him?? I play on pve realm and if someone is flagged pvp they're fair game and if you can see them flagged why not kill them instead of just sitting and crying about how he's on top of your loot mob
    And chasing them through CRZ means eventually we lose them.

  7. #47
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,651
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Show friendly nameplates is your friend.
    Players shouldn't have to do that just to avoid getting harassed by by bored PVPers.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    People aren't machines. They will make mistakes, especially in the heat of the moment. Sometimes people won't have health bars on and will accidentally click someone standing on top of a quest turn in. Sometimes, yes, they will tab target. But there is absolutely no real reason to argue against what they're implementing unless you're just trying to be a some kind of internet hardass.

    Grats on your achievement, bro. That'll look real nice on job applications.

    Way to be an ass while missing the point. The point is that it is entirely possible to be in every situation listed and never mistaken flag yourself.

    That said I do agree that these shady griefer moves should be combated in some way on a pve realm.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Way to be an ass while missing the point. The point is that it is entirely possible to be in every situation listed and never mistaken flag yourself.

    That said I do agree that these shady griefer moves should be combated in some way on a pve realm.
    Which they will now be in WoD.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Let's say In in a group and you're flagged and I'm not. I heal you, I flag myself. Some asshat Horde is like "OH HI DER...ORC SMASH!!!" I die. Or


    I'm standing and this Orc player is hoving over my character taunting me to try and attack him. I accidently misclick because I'm trying to use a spell but I accidently hit him. He then goes to attack me. Basically it prevents these scenarios so *pvpers* don't get their jollies out of pissing folks off.
    I have never managed to do this. Often have flagged horde sitting on my targets but somehow, not being an unstable kiddie, i do not misclick because i do not need to retarget my target and i do not use aoe spells. I have never been flagged for pvp on timeless despite doing dailies 12 times for 3-4 months while i geared up all my farmers. but i am an older female so my brains are not in my pants so i do not get pissed off by bed wetters.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Players shouldn't have to do that just to avoid getting harassed by by bored PVPers.
    This has been my idea from the start. Glad to see I am not alone in finding a way around bored PvPers. If they are that bored, they can go back to their PvP realm, or join a BG.

  12. #52
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    I don't see how that's griefing by any means. How do you accidentally flag yourself and get ganked? Griefers are those guys that you see camping PvP realm starting zones for new content while players are trying to level their alts IE: Pandaria starting zones. If you get flagged healing someone that is flagged for PvP, you're knowingly assisting a flagged person. Healbot has a way already to avoid accidental flagging, so I'm not quite sure how difficult it would be for them.
    Quite simple ... killing more than one mob doing AoE ... arsehole with PVP comes near me unnoticed... I'm now pvp enabled and then ganked by the ass who intentionally waited until they knew I'd be end up tagged. Has happened a fair few times over the years.

    And before you say anything 3+ mobs and a PvP geared opponent at once just ain't survivable. Oh and to boot you get a repair bill..

    Its about time they did this, if I want to world pvp I'll make a char on a pvp server ....
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

  13. #53
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This has been my idea from the start. Glad to see I am not alone in finding a way around bored PvPers. If they are that bored, they can go back to their PvP realm, or join a BG.
    I don't really encounter this myself but you can bet I'd be pissed off if it happened to me.


    ~SilverHand Pride
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  14. #54
    "pvp happen on a pvp server" deal with it or change server
    "pvp don't happen on a pve server" deal with it or change server

    sound pretty much ok to me.
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I see the need to have NPCs for "For The Alliance/Horde" to be made killable, but flagging is not needed for that even. They would simply be Red to opposing factions (Guards and Kings only). Every other NPC should get the same setting as child characters in the game. Auctioneers, boatmen, vendors, etc. None of them should be killable, not on PvE realms.

    PvP has it's place, and now, just like neutering Twinks, we can neuter griefers.
    But defending your factions leaders isn't griefing, and I don't see how killing any NPC on the opposite faction is griefing. Sorry, but "slightly annoy people" =/= griefing.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  16. #56
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilostromrage View Post
    I do agree that forced pvp is bollix…if you want to play hello kitty with swords… ok..amen to that. No one should make you fight. buttttt
    Its sickening to see that players avoid pvp as much as they do. Its as if they've forgotten the whole premise of the game is to kill the enemy and are simply afraid.
    You are free to hide in a pve realm, and avoid fighting for your faction but there are rules even in the cushy pve world that should be kept such as tagging opposing faction npc's and participating in world pvp by any means. Its a valuable lesson people learn once or twice. Campers and griefers are an annoyance to the overall game players experience no doubt but can be easily avoided by alert players made keen by actually fighting the real enemy instead of loot pinatas.
    How single minded... pvp has its place but its not and never has been the be all and end all of WoW infact lol PvE has and is the large part of the game, which the most people do.

    If you like PvP good for you, but that does not mean others enjoy it.

    And the PvP your no about aka this fabled world pvp in 99% of the time isn't world pvp its glorified ganking of someone who has far less chance of winning than you.
    World PvP, true world pvp died with the introduction of the battlegrounds.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

  17. #57
    Good change, although it makes me even more sad to be stranded on a PvP realm.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Should not have to perform extra steps to avoid assholes.
    They are an asshole because they killed you after you flagged..... uhhh?
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  19. #59
    Pit Lord Galbrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,357
    This may be a bit off-topic, but I feel like this hint my be useful for some people here.

    It's possible to loot and interact with NPCs by using the left mouse button, this way even if you accidentally click on someone from the other faction you won't attack them, accidentally flagging you or causing guards to chase you down. I'm not sure if you need to change something in the settings for this to work though, the game has worked for me like this for years now and I can't remember when was the last time I accidentally atacked someone I didn't mean to.

    Having said that, I think it's nice Blizzard is taking a few steps to help prevent accidental flagging. It's not something that bother me much since I already play on a PvP realm, but I can see how that would be frustrating for PvE players.

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    4,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, PvE players will finally get to avoid the PvP antics of instigators. It's about time. PvP has no place on a PvE realm. It belongs in Arenas, BGs, and PvP/RP-PvP realms.
    Honestly, I have been playing on pve realms for years, despising pvp but never ever had a problem with "accidental flagging". It doesn't even happen in the first place if you are not an idiot. This issue is blown out of proportions.

    Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •