Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    Isn't the main premise of the game Horde vs Alliance? Also, how do you accidentally flag yourself?
    I do agree that forced pvp is bollix…if you want to play hello kitty with swords… ok..amen to that. No one should make you fight. buttttt
    Its sickening to see that players avoid pvp as much as they do. Its as if they've forgotten the whole premise of the game is to kill the enemy and are simply afraid.
    You are free to hide in a pve realm, and avoid fighting for your faction but there are rules even in the cushy pve world that should be kept such as tagging opposing faction npc's and participating in world pvp by any means. Its a valuable lesson people learn once or twice. Campers and griefers are an annoyance to the overall game players experience no doubt but can be easily avoided by alert players made keen by actually fighting the real enemy instead of loot pinatas.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I find that hard to believe. I suppose you could just sit there and take it when I park my flagged druid and her proto-drake over the Lunar Festival merchant, surrounded by guards. I've gotten a lot of people killed with this. Epic amounts actually.
    Show friendly nameplates is your friend.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Or you can call some of your buddies together and destroy said asshole then grief him?? I play on pve realm and if someone is flagged pvp they're fair game and if you can see them flagged why not kill them instead of just sitting and crying about how he's on top of your loot mob
    And chasing them through CRZ means eventually we lose them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Show friendly nameplates is your friend.
    Players shouldn't have to do that just to avoid getting harassed by by bored PVPers.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    People aren't machines. They will make mistakes, especially in the heat of the moment. Sometimes people won't have health bars on and will accidentally click someone standing on top of a quest turn in. Sometimes, yes, they will tab target. But there is absolutely no real reason to argue against what they're implementing unless you're just trying to be a some kind of internet hardass.

Grats on your achievement, bro. That'll look real nice on job applications.

Way to be an ass while missing the point. The point is that it is entirely possible to be in every situation listed and never mistaken flag yourself.

That said I do agree that these shady griefer moves should be combated in some way on a pve realm.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to be an ass while missing the point. The point is that it is entirely possible to be in every situation listed and never mistaken flag yourself.

That said I do agree that these shady griefer moves should be combated in some way on a pve realm.
    Which they will now be in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Let's say In in a group and you're flagged and I'm not. I heal you, I flag myself. Some asshat Horde is like "OH HI DER...ORC SMASH!!!" I die. Or

I'm standing and this Orc player is hoving over my character taunting me to try and attack him. I accidently misclick because I'm trying to use a spell but I accidently hit him. He then goes to attack me. Basically it prevents these scenarios so *pvpers* don't get their jollies out of pissing folks off.
    I have never managed to do this. Often have flagged horde sitting on my targets but somehow, not being an unstable kiddie, i do not misclick because i do not need to retarget my target and i do not use aoe spells. I have never been flagged for pvp on timeless despite doing dailies 12 times for 3-4 months while i geared up all my farmers. but i am an older female so my brains are not in my pants so i do not get pissed off by bed wetters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Players shouldn't have to do that just to avoid getting harassed by by bored PVPers.
    This has been my idea from the start. Glad to see I am not alone in finding a way around bored PvPers. If they are that bored, they can go back to their PvP realm, or join a BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    I don't see how that's griefing by any means. How do you accidentally flag yourself and get ganked? Griefers are those guys that you see camping PvP realm starting zones for new content while players are trying to level their alts IE: Pandaria starting zones. If you get flagged healing someone that is flagged for PvP, you're knowingly assisting a flagged person. Healbot has a way already to avoid accidental flagging, so I'm not quite sure how difficult it would be for them.
    Quite simple ... killing more than one mob doing AoE ... arsehole with PVP comes near me unnoticed... I'm now pvp enabled and then ganked by the ass who intentionally waited until they knew I'd be end up tagged. Has happened a fair few times over the years.

And before you say anything 3+ mobs and a PvP geared opponent at once just ain't survivable. Oh and to boot you get a repair bill..

Its about time they did this, if I want to world pvp I'll make a char on a pvp server ....
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This has been my idea from the start. Glad to see I am not alone in finding a way around bored PvPers. If they are that bored, they can go back to their PvP realm, or join a BG.
    I don't really encounter this myself but you can bet I'd be pissed off if it happened to me.

~SilverHand Pride
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"pvp happen on a pvp server" deal with it or change server
    "pvp don't happen on a pve server" deal with it or change server

sound pretty much ok to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I see the need to have NPCs for "For The Alliance/Horde" to be made killable, but flagging is not needed for that even. They would simply be Red to opposing factions (Guards and Kings only). Every other NPC should get the same setting as child characters in the game. Auctioneers, boatmen, vendors, etc. None of them should be killable, not on PvE realms.

PvP has it's place, and now, just like neutering Twinks, we can neuter griefers.
    But defending your factions leaders isn't griefing, and I don't see how killing any NPC on the opposite faction is griefing. Sorry, but "slightly annoy people" =/= griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilostromrage View Post
    I do agree that forced pvp is bollix…if you want to play hello kitty with swords… ok..amen to that. No one should make you fight. buttttt
    Its sickening to see that players avoid pvp as much as they do. Its as if they've forgotten the whole premise of the game is to kill the enemy and are simply afraid.
    You are free to hide in a pve realm, and avoid fighting for your faction but there are rules even in the cushy pve world that should be kept such as tagging opposing faction npc's and participating in world pvp by any means. Its a valuable lesson people learn once or twice. Campers and griefers are an annoyance to the overall game players experience no doubt but can be easily avoided by alert players made keen by actually fighting the real enemy instead of loot pinatas.
    How single minded... pvp has its place but its not and never has been the be all and end all of WoW infact lol PvE has and is the large part of the game, which the most people do.

If you like PvP good for you, but that does not mean others enjoy it.

And the PvP your no about aka this fabled world pvp in 99% of the time isn't world pvp its glorified ganking of someone who has far less chance of winning than you.
    World PvP, true world pvp died with the introduction of the battlegrounds.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Good change, although it makes me even more sad to be stranded on a PvP realm.

Should not have to perform extra steps to avoid assholes.
    They are an asshole because they killed you after you flagged..... uhhh?

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be a bit off-topic, but I feel like this hint my be useful for some people here.

It's possible to loot and interact with NPCs by using the left mouse button, this way even if you accidentally click on someone from the other faction you won't attack them, accidentally flagging you or causing guards to chase you down. I'm not sure if you need to change something in the settings for this to work though, the game has worked for me like this for years now and I can't remember when was the last time I accidentally atacked someone I didn't mean to.

Having said that, I think it's nice Blizzard is taking a few steps to help prevent accidental flagging. It's not something that bother me much since I already play on a PvP realm, but I can see how that would be frustrating for PvE players.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, PvE players will finally get to avoid the PvP antics of instigators. It's about time. PvP has no place on a PvE realm. It belongs in Arenas, BGs, and PvP/RP-PvP realms.
    Honestly, I have been playing on pve realms for years, despising pvp but never ever had a problem with "accidental flagging". It doesn't even happen in the first place if you are not an idiot. This issue is blown out of proportions.

And chasing them through CRZ means eventually we lose them.
    And they're gone issue solved.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Avoiding dying is exactly what it's for.
    This isn't to keep PvP from happening on a PvP realm.

This is to prevent PvE players, ones that correctly rolled on a carebear server specifically so they didn't have to ever participate in WPvP, from inadvertently getting put into a game mode that they never had any interest in.

But more importantly, dude, you are not that dense, so why are you playing at it like you are?

Simple solution is to remove the ability to bluewall entirely and having all spells cast on flagged friendly units fail if you are not flagged. You want to PvP, you type /PvP and then it was a conscious decision, and after that, it's your own damn fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Click with care to avoid flagging.
    Or you just remove the ability to bluewall.

I'll put the note out that I don't really have this issue where I accidentally flag or anything. That being said, I know a lot more than a new player who just started playing, as do most of us on the MMO-Champion forums. A couple of the more underhanded tactics are people who mount up over the repair vendor at the Celestial Court (once again, yes, most of us know how to show friendly name plates and only target the vendor...but I'd take a good bet a large chunk, likely even the majority of players don't know this).

The other one is people flagging (be it for coins or normal faction pvp) on the isle and standing in front of other melee as they kill a rare. What happens when the rare dies and the melee hits that next special attack? Well, it will target the next thing up to kill. Sometimes that happens to be a flagged person. Once again, I know when the mob is dying to lay off smashing specials, but do you think every player does? If a player chooses a pve realm, they should not have to avoid situations like these. So many people on these forums freak out when people complain about any nuisances of pvp realms and tell people to go to a pve server if they don't like it. Players who chose pve should have that same protection. I enjoy both and I know how to keep myself alive, but if people make that choice, it should be something they willfully opt in to or out of.