Deleted

Sith Sorcerer- PvE - Lightning or Madness DPS? - Class analysis

So I'm still not level 55.
    But I have thought what I should play in the end game.
    So I did a little bit research and saw that the madness sorcerer has more mobility and because of that more constant damage.
    As a lightning sorcerer I saw that this class is more a burst/turret class but can do higher DPS if the spec has the possibility to stand still for the whole fight?
    (Say If I'm wrong)
    I'm not sure how the mechanics will work in the end game with boss battles and other stuff (I'm talking mostly about PvE) but I think that Madness will have the lead in most battles.
    ____
    So what do you think?
    ____

Btw another question, I've made my own build for madness but I question one thing in it. And that thing is if I should put more points in Force Lightning or Creeping Terror. I think Force Lightning will do more damage since it's almost the same damage as Creeping Terror does over time ( If only looking at skills and talents, don't know how it will be with more stuff that can influence it).

PvE DPS

Force Lightning
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...bbZcMfRsMkrs.3

Creeping Terror
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...ZcrfRsMkrfMk.3

If you got an improved build or an Lightning Sorcerer build, please send it

- - - Updated - - -

Such post so active much reaction wow.

Umm... why compare force lightning to creeping terror? You can toss up creeping terror and then hit them with force lightning, can't you? Lightning being channeled and Terror being a DoT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Umm... why compare force lightning to creeping terror? You can toss up creeping terror and then hit them with force lightning, can't you? Lightning being channeled and Terror being a DoT
    Because Force lightning does the highest damage overall and you cast it the most and I thought If I enhance the skill it will do more damage then creeping terror.

I run Madness most of the time in PVE. It's fairly good. The general consensus is pretty accurate- Madness does offer more mobility.

The thing about Lightning is that it's very proc dependent in certain situations. Namely, chain lightning. The top tree talent hits like a truck too, but yes. That is a more "turret" style of play which can be burdensome in some endgame encounters. But no more so than other game's turret style mechanics.

I just don't like dealing with all the procs as Lit. Tracking buffs/debuffs in SWTOR is [to put it mildly] awful.

Madness procs are fewer and easier to track by comparison. I also enjoy the more mobile style afforded by the instant cast abilities when encounters have aoe all over the damn place.

DPS is great, rotation is simple and the kit is versatile on Madness.

I use this build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...ZfMfRsbkrfRo.3

RE: Creeping Terror and Force Lightning.

You keep all your dots going as Madness. Affliction, Crushing Darkness and Creeping Terror. Anytime you are not casting a DOT you use Force Lightning till you proc the free Lightning Strike and then repeat.

With enough Alacrity the process is very smooth. Allowing on average two full channels of FL and two LS hits before you refresh DOTs. When timed right you get a free Crushing Darkness off about ever 3 or so channels. One can weave in Shock into their rotation if on the move. But generally it's a DPS loss compared to the LS procs and FL channel.

BW also changed Sith Efficacy so there is no reason you can't get full ticks on FL unless you really need to move due to aoe or stun.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-04 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWD View Post
    Because Force lightning does the highest damage overall and you cast it the most and I thought If I enhance the skill it will do more damage then creeping terror.
    The thing is, Creeping Terror is an instant cast. You cast it once, then you do damage with other abilities WHILE it's also doing damage.

Look at it this way-let's say you are on a target for 18 seconds. This gives you 6 full 3 second Force Lightning channels. With Creeping Terror, you spend 1.5s on the GCD then get 5.5 Force Lightning Channels, AND a full Creeping Terror. Now, let's say Lightning does 4k damage over the channel, and Terror does 3k over it's duration. 6x Lightning=24k damage. 5.5x Lightning=22k damage, plus 3k Terror=25k damage.