Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Norrmalm is smack dead in the center of Stockholm. Its not an area where a lot of immigrants live. The reason you got the highest amount of crimes reported there is spelled A L C O H O L. Lots of drunk people move through the area since you got a lot of clubs and bars in and around the area.

Norrmalm always top the list and you dont have to be a genius to understand why, some people just cant handle their drink.
    Norrmalm has around 20% "residents with foreign origin" which only includes the residents that are foreign born or with foreign born parents.
    Maybe I should've said Rinkeby instead, there's around 80% residents with foreign origin there and the criminality rate there is higher than in Rosengård and almost twice as high than in the whole of Borås. (crimes per 100000 residents)

I said Norrmalm only because it has the highest crime rate in the whole country.

Yeah, and those immigrants living in Norrmalm are people that can pay their own way. You dont get an apartment in Norrmalm without throwing a couple of millions at it. You should expect to pay $9000 - $10 000 per square meter(m2) for an apartment there.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Yeah, and those immigrants living in Norrmalm are people that can pay their own way. You dont get an apartment in Norrmalm without throwing a couple of millions at it. You should expect to pay $9000 - $10 000 per square meter(m2) for an apartment there.
    Buying an apartment is always expensive in Sweden, especially in Stockholm. Buying an apartment is not the only way to live somewhere either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollskaldinn View Post
    Refugees are long-term investments, first and foremost.
    I agree, just like children are.

From the outside looking in, it seems certain parts of Swedish society wish to preserve the perceived image of Sweden, the same happens in the UK, except in the UK the process of mass immigration has been occurring for several decades.

We should all grab the future by the balls, scream 'METAALLLLL' and sally forth swinging our dicks, so to speak.

I'd happily move the Sweden or somewhere similar, I was thinking of a few years somewhere in the Commonwealth (NZ/Canada or Oz primarily) but heck, why not continental Europe? Closer to the family and all that.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it, it's quite shocking when this things happen in countries like Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Buying an apartment is always expensive in Sweden, especially in Stockholm. Buying an apartment is not the only way to live somewhere either.
    Once you leave the bigger cities prices drop quite dramatically as well. You can get a house for 1/5th of what a small apartment in a city like Göteborg costs in the northern bits of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Whats your point? You do not get a rental contract in Norrmalm, Vasastan, Östermalm etc. There are pretty much zero, and those who exist are impossible to get. So you buy and suprise suprise, we got immigrants that work, run succesful businesses and make money. Lol

Truecaller is a pretty interesting business for example, mostly unknown here in Sweden, India is their largest market, around 44 000 000 users, and growing fast, real fast, founded and owned by two swedish-iranis.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-02-04 at 05:01 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Once you leave the bigger cities prices drop quite dramatically as well. You can get a house for 1/5th of what a small apartment in a city like Göteborg costs in the northern bits of this country.
    If only... good luck finding an apartment in any student town (or any town nearby one), rental or bought. I got my apartment in Växjö for 450k KR, and I was lucky since I got it from a friend of my dad. Usually apartments here go up to 700k KR for a one- or two-roomer, impossible to get for a student.

In Luleå it was even worse. A 17 square meter apartment for ~300000 KR. Woop! It's called the housing crisis for a reason: It's not exclusive to the big cities. In fact, it's more expensive to buy an apartment in Lund than in Malmö.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollskaldinn View Post
    If only... good luck finding an apartment in any student town (or any town nearby one), rental or bought. I got my apartment in Växjö for 450k KR, and I was lucky since I got it from a friend of my dad. Usually apartments here go up to 700k KR for a one- or two-roomer, impossible to get for a student.

In Luleå it was even worse. A 17 square meter apartment for ~300000 KR. Woop! It's called the housing crisis for a reason: It's not exclusive to the big cities. In fact, it's more expensive to buy an apartment in Lund than in Malmö.
    Saw a 17m2 flat here in Gothenburg, asking price was something like 1.3m sek. Lol

Loft bed+kitchen corner and a bathroom. Lol

The housing situation and in extension the nimbys is the single most destructive problem in this country as far as Im concerned. Fucking send them to the gullags, they appeal building permits on pure principal. They kill jobs and limit the overall growth of our economy. They appealed half of all planned apartments here 2013.

If they dont start to build more, or if the nimbys continue as they do it will end up costing us billions. Our local chamber of commerce presented a report on it recently and their expections is that my municipality will lose out on around 3.5 billion in lost tax revenues and 200 billions for the local economy if we dont double the amount of houses/apartments being built.

And the worst thing is, its far worse in Stockholm.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-02-04 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Saw a 17m2 flat here in Gothenburg, asking price was something like 1.3m sek. Lol

Loft bed+kitchen corner and a bathroom. Lol

The housing situation and in extension the nimbys is the single most destructive problem in this country as far as Im concerned. Fucking send them to the gullags, they appeal building permits on pure principal. They kill jobs and limit the overall growth of our economy. They appealed half of all planned apartments here 2013.

If they dont start to build more, or if the nimbys continue as they do it will end up costing us billions. Our local chamber of commerce presented a report on it recently and their expections is that my municipality will lose out on around 3.5 billion in lost tax revenues and 200 billions for the local economy if we dont double the amount of houses/apartments being built.

And the worst thing is, its far worse in Stockholm.
    First of all... what is a nimby?

Still, yeah, Växjö also experiences a big problem with a bunch of conservatives who seemingly loves to appeal building decisions. There's like a 4-story limit on buildings in the inner city since they want to keep the 18th-century feel to the town... well, it got ruined the moment Kebabkungen set up shop lol, so I don't see the point, especially when Växjö is the 4th most growing municipality in all of Sweden, last I checked. Instead of building in inner city, the boundaries of the city just keeps expanding and that is definitely ruining the city's aethestic appeal, since there's no consistency at all.

Not in my backyard. As in, dont build in my neighbourhood.

Then there is Yimby, yes in my backyard. Lol

I think nimbys exists everywhere in this country. Destructive mother f*ckers lol

There are large areas in the central parts of Gbg that is yet to be built on, gullbergsvass in particular, its the same size as the area within the old moats, I hope they build high and tight, a mini manhattan if you like lol, cram in as many people as possible, the bottom floors should be commercial spaces, stores, bars, resturants, office spaces, apartments up top.

Our local government is useless though, they got a distinct anti city vibe, they want shit to be green and fluffy, I hope to god that they lose the election, the center right is much more pro city, pro building high, pro getting shit done. The moderates are doing very well in polls here to, so hopefully we will get a new government this election.

We do seem to be on our way to get our first, proper "skyscraper" though, but on the other side of the river, there is quite a bit of space to build upon there as well.
    Skyskrapan på Älvstranden blir allt mer verklig.Fem finalister har nu valts ut i tävlingen om att få rita den 201 meter höga byggnaden, som precis har fått ett nytt arbetsnamn.56 arkitektkontor från hela världen har skickat in sina bästa arbetsprover för att visa att de har förmågan att rita skyskrapan på Älvstranden.

På onsdagsmorgonen presenterade kommunen de fem finalisterna i arkitekttävlingen i Älvrummet vid Lilla Bommen.De är Wingårdhs arkitektkontor, S.O.M, Manuelle Gautrand Architects, Zaha Hadid Architects och Ian Simpson Architects.Alla är enligt juryn mycket namnkunniga. S.O.M har till exempel gjort Burj Khalifa i Dubai.

De fem finalisterna ska nu ta fram varsitt konkret förslag på hur skyskrapan ska se ut.Fram tills i dag gick skyskrapan under arbetsnamnet Karlavagnstornet. När GP:s reporter stötte ihop med stadsarkitekten Björn Siesjö på väg till konferensen kom de dock, efter en del ordvitsande, fram till ett nytt arbetsnamn till skrapan: Göte Burj. Det befästes sedan under konferensen av stadsarkitekten.

- Det heter ju inte Karlavagnstornet det här huset, det heter naturligtvis Göte Burj, sade Björn Siesjö, halvt på allvar, halvt på skoj.

Uppgiften som finalisterna nu har framför sig är att utforma en tät och dynamisk blandstad på Älvstranden. I det ingår att hitta en placering och utforma en 201 meter hög skyskrapa på 60 våningar som ska hänga samman med kvarteren runt om. Genom hela arbetet ska det dessutom finnas ett socialt, ekologiskt och ekonomiskt hållbarhetstänk.

Den 12 maj nästa år ska finalförslagen vara klara. Därefter ska en jury utvärdera resultaten och så småningom kora en vinnare. Tidigast i juni får vi veta vem som tar hem uppdraget.Tävlingen genomförs i samarbete med Sveriges Arkitekter, Stadsbyggnadskontoret i Göteborg, Älvstrandens Utvecklings AB och SEFA AB vars vd Ola Serneke är initiativtagare till bygget av skyskrapan.
    http://www.gp.se/nyheter/goteborg/1....-pa-skyskrapan
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-02-04 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, would love some more skyscrapers in Sweden. Feels like it doesn't matter how progressive Sweden is in comparison to other countries in the world, our cities makes it seem like we're stuck in the 19th century lol. I'd love Växjö to be a Swedish and enviromentally-friendly version of Chicago, but it seems like we won't be getting any Chicago until the 30th century. One of the biggest problems in Sweden... I guess we're lucky to have such minor problems as our biggest but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    100 shootings in malmo in 2013? that seems pretty high for sucha small city?
    Isn't it one of the biggest cities in Sweden?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Maybe, but size is relative.

There are only 8 million (or there about) inhabitants in Sweden.

Deleted
    Malmö is the city in Sweden where criminal groups has gotten to grow with the least resistance, this is probably just some group displeased with an arrest or so, since its done in the middle of the night at a place where no one (or not many atleast) lives nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Maybe, but size is relative.

There are only 8 million (or there about) inhabitants in Sweden.
    Quick googling says 9,5 mil (2013)
    Last edited by mmoc30fc4496f6; 2014-02-05 at 10:20 AM.

Malmö is sort of the 'gateway-city' connecting Sweden with the rest of Europe, so that probably has something to do with it as well.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2014-02-05 at 12:16 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Quick googling says 9,5 mil (2013)
    Ah thanks.

So, from the Wikipedia list (sadly not updated using the same sources but close enough) Sweden is the 89th most populous country in the world.

Compare this with other European countries: Germany 16th (80 million), France 21st (66 million) and the UK 22nd (64 million).

The internet is artificially swayed with 'Swedish' problems/news, due to high levels of internet users/population :P

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's the 3rd largest "city". But yes such things are relative, it's not a big by any means, but it's in one of the more heavily populated areas and connected to Copenhagen by a bridge. Sweden is a pretty large country by size(by european standards) but with a pretty small population. It's larger then Germany, but with like 70 million less citizens.

Cant say I know much about Malmö, never been there more then passing through with car once, I like the bridge. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Ah thanks.

So, from the Wikipedia list (sadly not updated using the same sources but close enough) Sweden is the 89th most populous country in the world.

Compare this with other European countries: Germany 16th (80 million), France 21st (66 million) and the UK 22nd (64 million).

The internet is artificially swayed with 'Swedish' problems/news, due to high levels of internet users/population :P
    What we lack in people we make up in trees. lol
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-02-05 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we lack in people we make up in trees. lol
    Don't worry whilst my Zippo is in for repair, and with this gusty wind, I am going through matches very quickly

Deleted
    Studied in Malmö in high school. Definitely a nice city. Been to Rosengård as well and it's not as bad as media like to portray it as. In fact, it's one of the cleanest areas in Malmö, probably has to do with the municipality spending shitloads of money to make Rosengård more attractive and sweep away the negative image media has given it. But yeah, Malmö in general is a great city, anyone saying it's the HQ for the Scandistan Caliphate and that riots are happening there everyday have obviously never been there.