Poll: If you play on a PvP realm, do you like (and actively engage in) WPvP combat?

Is it a problem that players who (no longer) like World PvP are stuck on PvP realms?

Disclaimer: I do not wish to instigate a flame war between PvP players and PvE players. Try to refrain from flaming the other side and simply answer the questions in a calm manner.

The reason I'm starting this thread is because I've noticed that many players on PvP realms seems to be very uninterested in the WPvP aspect. The last time I can remember WPvP flourishing was in vanilla to mid TBC, back when I actually liked it myself. Since then I got attacked occasionally but many people of the opposing faction seemed be more interested in minding their own business rather than engage in outdoor PvP. I recently got back to the game from a break since about mid dragon soul patch, with coalesced realms being a new feature for me. I'd assume that world PvP would be more common, and it definitely is. The thing is, it got even more apparent how many people who actually didn't try to engage me in combat.

If I were to estimate, I'd say 2 out of 5 (tops) of the red players I come across in the world try to kill me. The rest just go about their business pretty much. Most the PvP deaths I've suffered during my leveling in MoP was from 90 players swooping down and oneshotting and then continue on their merry way, but very few players who were questing in the same zone started fighting me.

For me personally, the only reason I'm on a PvP realm is because my friends won the majority vote the last time we moved to a new realm, which was several years back. I have since leveled (and moved) many characters to this realm, but I have no interest at all in world PvP and would prefer to play on a PvE realm. Forking out 180€ to transfer all the characters I play is out of the question though, so I remain where I am whether I like it or not. You need not ask that I never initiate fights, or even fight back when being attacked. The thing I noticed though is that I am far from alone in behaving like this. Being stranded on a PvP realm is obviously a situation I don't want to be in, and I assume others who share my predicament feel the same, which is why I'm asking.

If you are uninterested in WPvP yet play on a PvP realm, do you wish to move realms? As a PvP player, how do you feel about having some players that are apathetic towards World PvP out in the world when you are out there trying to fight? Do you consider it a problem? Is it in any way harmful for the WPvP climate? Is it something that you pay any mind?

Again, I would like to remind people to keep it civil. These kinds of discussions tend to be one side bashing the other and I would like to avoid that, if possible. To achieve this I would hope that you try to avoid stories about how much you hate PvP, or how fun you think it is to grief or any other response to that effect. Read the questions in the paragraph above, answer them yes or no, and explain your reasoning.

I am one such player, as are most of my friends. Yes it is a problem; I can't afford $275 to move all my alts (the majority of whom I've been playing for the past 8 years) away from this hell-hole, and it's a dead-end server, so it's far more likely to receive free transfered characters than to be offered them. If I had a penny for every time I regret not moving to Onyxia when I had the opportunity...
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

This has unfortunately been a topic of discussion for a great many years now. The invention of CRZ effectively obliterated leveling as Alliance on Kil'jaeden as you could be corpse camped by level 90s in every non-starter zone all the way from 10+ to Vale. When it comes down to it, the only answer you'll get that doesn't come with fangs or drooling is gonna be "pick just one to send over or reroll and take advantage of the new cross-realm heirloom system."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Be that as it may, I'm still very curious to see if there are as many people unwillingly stranded on PvP realms as I suspect there is. I'm also genuinely curious as to what PvP-centric players feel about this. My own logic is that it must be boring to fight people who do nothing but try to run away or do nothing at all. I know that there are players who derive enjoyment from making other players mad, but strictly from the PvP perspective of it, is it a problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I play on Mal'ganis. When I started playing here, it was, for all intents and purposes, a PvE realm.
    Then CRZ happened, and we now get merged with Kel'thuzad.
    If I could afford to move my entire stable of characters to a similarly progressed PvE realm, I would, but since all of the 'good' PvE realms are PvP realms, it wont happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Be that as it may, I'm still very curious to see if there are as many people unwillingly stranded on PvP realms as I suspect there is. I'm also genuinely curious as to what PvP-centric players feel about this. My own logic is that it must be boring to fight people who do nothing but try to run away or do nothing at all. I know that there are players who derive enjoyment from making other players mad, but strictly from the PvP perspective of it, is it a problem?
    The problem with WPvP as it exists now, is that its rock paper GEAR BARRIER. I want to be able to play my alts, not be forced to swap to my main who has gear to clear out the dbags who decided that I want to be dead instead of leveling my alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say so.

For the most part the only places that really get ganked eve on Darkspear are the PVP vendors, where no PVE player will be.

Occasionally Ewlynn will be attacked (it's where duelers at and there's so many alliance we just clear the horde out).
    Or Stormwind AH (just go to the other AH).

I love PVP and it's all I do in WOW but I can't imagine it being an issue for PVE players.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    How can you be stuck on a PvP realm? It's not like it's written in fine print that you will be flagged in contested territory and always have to be on guard.
    Good job reading the OP, sir.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    How can you be stuck on a PvP realm? It's not like it's written in fine print that you will be flagged in contested territory and always have to be on guard.
    While no one is technically stuck on a PvP realm, there are players who have too much invested to realistically move off-realm. For me personally the choice is between 180€ worth of character transfer or abandon character's I've played since day one of vanilla, some of which have full sets of unobtainable Naxx40 gear and similar. My choice is to just stick around where I am obviously, and I suspect a lot of other players are in the same boat. Those who are in that situation probably feels like it's a problem, but I wonder if people who are active in world PvP thinks it's a problem that there are players who are in essence acting like walking target dummies in the world PvP environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    PVP gear killed world PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only join in on would pvp if someone is attacking anyone in my faction... Or someone on low hp I can one shot. Besides that I never really have to pvp. Being a rogue nobody can ever see me lol.

That being said. Most alliance on my realm are coward and only attacking in packs. Get them 1v1 and they run away most the time.
    Aye mate