Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Multi-lane champions

What champions would you play *reasonably* in all (or most) roles?

Thinking along the lines of 3-4 champs to main in ranked, to get me a tank, a pokey champ, and an assassin.
    The goal being to minimise how much I need to learn about my own champions, and letting me focus on getting better at other aspects of the game. Ideally they shouldn't have many hard counters, or at least that I should be able to out-play the counter, by being awesome at my champion (eg, I can beat lee sin as akali, by deciding how and when I will fight - but I would be afraid to play karthas vs most all-in-assassins no matter how much I practice)

I have been playing akali like this, and doing reasonably okay (top/mid/jungle). That gives me my assassin when I need it.

Other thoughts were kayle(any), nidalee(top,mid,sup), kennen(any but jungle) - all have reasonable poke, but none of these bring much tank.

I would love ideas for a tank (ideally top/jungle/support capable) - along with any alternative suggestions for pokey/assassin champs

Deleted
    Voli or Malphite.

Deleted
    Lee Singah

Deleted
    - Elise: she can be played very successfully in jungle, and can have a good time mid and top too. Maybe even suppport to some extent.
    - Mundo: kind of FOTM, but he can be played top and jungle well, and I assume just as above, you might play him support too if you're feeling lucky.
    - Lee sin: as mundo, playable top and jungle. but believe me or not, I saw a couple of guys going mid and support with him
    - Poppy: Top lane, jungle. I've seen some supporting successfully with her.
    - Annie: she's another FOTM but she's awesome as a support, and wrecks people in the mid lane too.
    - Volibear: I love this one. He recently got picked as a support in a pro game too. needless to say he can be played effectively top and jungle.

there's plenty odd picks out there, it's not necessary to follow the meta or the pro picks.

Elise for top/jungle/mid. For mid she might have a smaller range then most "normal" mids but she can still do really good. Especially vs melee.
    Volibear, altho not really picked anymore. Good in jungle, can snowball a lot top and like other said; for support he's good too. Slow+flip and can build tanky with all the new gold income.

Zed for pokey/assassin? Not really picked a lot lately but still a nice poker with Q or W>Q/E combo.

Gragas ofcourse too actually. Good jungle/mid and can be played top too. Great poke and (as of now) still tanky.

Mundo is too much of a FOTM right now. Imo he is still a good jungler (when he has his items) but the moment you got a counter jungler you can be easily fucked over.
    Warwick perhaps? Pre 6 not really good at supporting, but with his R at lvl 6 and a good jungle gank it's a kill. Ofcourse excellent at top (maybe mana problems at first but oh well) and jungler is good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quinn and Teemo are the only two that people can even begin to justify in all roles. Top lane, both are played occasionally... mid Teemo is more common than mid Quinn, but she can work there I guess. Jungle Quinn seems more common than jungle Teemo, but I've seen both. ADC is where Quinn is intended to be played and Teemo adc isn't the strangest thing I've seen. Support... well blinds are good I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg View Post
    - Poppy: Top lane, jungle. I've seen some supporting successfully with her.
    Please never actually do this

Wu Kong could be a good one. He can be played Jungle, Top, and occasionally Mid. Riven is another, can go all three of those roles.

10+ Year Old Account
    J4

Great top, Great Jungle, good mid and wierdly effective Support (has a knockup, armor shred slow and attackspeed buff, not to mention dat ulti )
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    J4

Great top, Great Jungle, good mid and wierdly effective Support (has a knockup, armor shred slow and attackspeed buff, not to mention dat ulti )
    Hm, I am thinking J4 is ideal, volibear isn't bad either - % based damage passive on j4, great CC even when behind, and you can build pure tank and still be useful from any lane/jungle for both of them.

Elise is probably a good all-around, but I want something that brings the tankiness I need to vs mundo/shyv etc, so I don't know how she would go there. Probably not bad as a poke option though, instead of kayle/nidalee/kennen.

Lee Sin is one that I would be scared to play support - I have seen people do it, just never that well, compared to an equivilent support.

I must try a mundo support lane - it might be hilarious - but I don't really want to chose champions that might be picked or banned - J4/Voli are both rare picks, and never banned (at least at my elo).
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-02-04 at 04:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your trying to master a few champions to fill multiple roles, I would say put one slot aside for a true ADC. It's the least flexible of all the roles. Kayle and Kennen can work, but it's pretty gimicky.

Otherwise, J4 is a great top, mid, and jungle. Support if your feeling daring.
    Lee Sin is pretty much the same as Jarvan, but I personally think his supporting capabilities are weaker and require more skill to pull off. I think he was played in Korea though IIRC?
    Elise can be played all roles except ADC, though her support has fallen off in popularity.
    Kayle can play all roles, though like I said, ADC is really gimicky. It requires you to build CDR, which isn't on any standard build path for an ADC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    J4

I second this. He's a weaker Leona with tons of free stats for his adc/team and a little more damage. I build cleaver, frozen heart, locket and either talisman or face of the mountain. I don't usually bring him to ranked unless there's a dream team for him (like two AD/attack speed oriented champs OTHER than the ADC around). Also you have to get out of the mindset of playing him like a supertank/bruiser because he probably won't be with that build :P

And of course he's still great top, mid and jungle.

Pantheon , top / jungle / mid.

Excellent base damage on Q, passive from E is like seeing gold when the enemy is low and in mid he's the perfect Yasuo counter due to his passive and Q poke once u get brutalizer.

Only downside is they nerfed his ult range once upon a time but still quite good and jungle speed can be a bit slow before completing 1 item and your W stun is only 1 sec across all ranks.

Also the only way to play him is the real Mantheon build ( 21/9/0 with Mobi boots, Black cleaver , Last Whisper , Ravenous Hydra and Infinity Edge , end off with Guardian Angel and go nuts )

Deleted
    The real shame is Pantheon does absolutely nothing late game and most solo queue teams don't know how to work with him :P

Lulu.

Everywhere...
    RETH

This thread screams Wukong. Good counter to squishy ap mids? Check. Good/decent jungler with amazing ganks after 6? Double check. Decent toplane, if it's a decent matchup? Motherfaking triple check

+ He's a god damn monkey with a stick. You can't go wrong with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll bold my favorites:

Aatrox - Top, Jungle, Mid
    Cho'Gath - Top, Jungle, Mid (support super-stretch, probably not)
    Diana - Top, Jungle, Mid
    Mundo - Top, Jungle, Support, Mid
    Elise - Top, Jungle, Mid, Support
    Gragas - Mid, Top, Jungle
    J4 - Top, Jungle, Mid, Support

Karma - Support, Mid, Top
    Karthus - Mid, Jungle, Top
    Lulu - Support, Mid, Top
    Malphite - Top, Jungle, Mid, Support
    Maokai - Jungle, Support, Top, Mid
    Nasus - Top, Jungle, Mid
    Nidalee - Top, Mid, Support
    Nunu - Jungle, Support, Top, Mid
    Teemo - FUCK TEEEMO
    Volibear - Top, Jungle, Support
    Warwick - Top, Jungle, Mid
    Wukong - Top, Jungle, Mid
    Xin Zhao - Top, Jungle, Mid
    Zac - Top, Jungle, Mid
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    If your trying to master a few champions to fill multiple roles, I would say put one slot aside for a true ADC. It's the least flexible of all the roles. Kayle and Kennen can work, but it's pretty gimicky.
    If I were running kayle, it would be as+ap kayle, not trying straight ad kayle - but if I have to play a pure adc because we have too much ap in top/mid/jungle, maybe cait? If I am not deliberately counterpicking, I would want a safe lane I can always farm in, and just wait till teamfights.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-02-04 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    If I were running kayle, it would be as+ap kayle, not trying straight ad kayle - but if I have to play a pure adc because we have too much ap in top/mid/jungle, maybe cait? If I am not deliberately counterpicking, I would want a safe lane I can always farm in, and just wait till teamfights.
    Cait is a good, safe laner. Jinx is my personal favorite ADC and also has a good laning phase if you and your support can take advantage of her kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Lulu.

Everywhere...
    This... Twice!