Poll: ???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What I value in the games I play varies according to it's Genre... I guess what applies to most if not all is:

Replayabillity
    Good Story
    Fun Combat

In MMOs I'll also value:
    Immersion (which you left out)
    Music
    Customization

In RTS I'll also value:
    Graphics
    Tactics
    Choices

and in turn based strategy games (such as Heroes of Might & Magic) almost all of the above will be important to me.

Hard to choose only 3.. for me combat and tactics I see as the same thing? Using tactics makes for more fun combat.
    Lore is of great importance to me too.
    Third one is hard to choose between, either graphics (as in intressting and nice looking enviroments, like Vashj'ir) or Customization in glyphs, talents, and character looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good story, Choices (I want my decisions to be valued, do I want to help a guy on side-quest and delay my play or not, interrogate someone or just kill him, etc), Tactics (I want to have more than 1 way to achieve goal, and u decide which one suit u best)

I find it weird that graphics is really low, why gaming industries don't check that poll then

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Interesting/relatable main character/point of identification.
    2) A certain quality of awesomeness/epicness - be it in the story, combat moves, cutscenes.
    3) Fitting and pleasing aesthetics

I also only rarely enjoy going against really tough difficulty modes and I like a game being 100% completable without me having to jump through hoops such as having to replay 5 times to kill 15000 enemies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Customisability
    - Ties in with the other two really, I like to make the world my own, the way that is executed may differ - for example in WoW "making the world my own" involves gearing my char the way I want and collecting the mounts/pets I like, in Minecraft it would mean what texturepacks/mods I use.

Replayability
    - I want a game that I can keep enjoying after the closing credits roll: Minecraft, GTAV, WoW and Civilization are my favorate games for exactly this reason.

Open World
    - As mentioned before, I want to be able to explore and do what I like, the procedurally generated worlds of Civ and Minecraft pander to this need very well, and the shear scale of both WoW and GTA fufil that need to a lesser extent.
    The rigid corridor-like story mode of modern shooters (and even their multiplayer experiences) really don't appeal to me.

As an aside:
    Of the list, my least important attribute is Graphics
    - Superficial shininess doesn't cover up poor gameplay. A shiny shit is still a shit. This is why I cannot stand the new FPSs.
    - World of Warcraft is old but it's art is timeless, it has aged well.
    - Minecraft has "poor quality graphics", but they are charming and gameplay is awesome.
    - I prefer Red Alert / Red Alert 2 over the newer games because the art style was awesome and the gameplay a million times better.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

- Fun Combat. I want to play a game that I feel like my adrenaline is running, or something that does what it's supposed to. I normally love fast paced shooters like Tribes, but I also love Stealth games like Dishonored. If the game does what it's supposed to in it's mechanics for combat, then this is the seller for me.

- Choices. I like games that tend to be open. If the game is linear, I would like some exploration with some secrets. If the game has a multiple choice layout, that's when I'd be at my happiest. I would include this with tactics, because I like games when choices are used as strategies.

- Replayability. The game also should have replayability, because games should actually last a long time. You see people return their games, uninstall, etc...because normally they don't see themselves playing that game again. However, if the game has a long lasting playability, then it's worth keeping.

I would add story, but I don't find myself caring about plots too much, except for when it comes to RPGs. I do have a problem with the newer sonic game's plot, but it doesn't bother me as much.

Story is probably the biggest one for me. I can only play a game so many times that has a good story, though, so replayability is up there as well. Most of the early Final Fantasy games I can only play once every few years, while Final Fantasy Tactics I can play over and over and over.

The last one is hard for me to explain so I chose "other". Feeling immersed is the biggest deal for me in most RPGs today. For example, being able to play Nightblade/Assassin in Rift was the most fun leveling experience I have ever had in a video game. I had my own choices, I felt like I had my own strengths/weaknesses, and I couldn't wait to see the new zones. Max level usually kills games for me, because then I HAVE to play a certain way. Skyrim is another example of this, as I felt strongly about my character until I get enchanting/smithing to 100 and can't die and kill everything with one sword swing. The longest file I ever had on Skyrim was where I never touched crafting.

Deleted
    1 - Good Story;
    2 - Choices;
    3 - Costumization.

Music also ranks high but since you only asked for three... Either way, first one is a must in every game, the second one would be great in all too and the third isn't a must but it should be there.

-Story
    -Replayability
    -Music

Music is very important for me, almost as much as the Story

10+ Year Old Account
    for me it depends on the genre. rpgs i go for great story/replayability/customization. for fps its good combat,graphics,and tactics. story sort of takes a backseat although perfect dark and a few other old school shooters proved its possible. for strategy games do i need to state the 3 most important? for racing its graphics,customization and music. for sandbox games its replayability/music/story. for adventure its story/music/fun combat. graphics of course being relevant to the time period of the game. i wont not play a game from the fifth generation because it doesnt look like crysis 3.

overall my top3 are this: customization,replayability,story.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

VOICE ACTING #1 by far, i dont know how people can ignore that, i know its not in the options but a game with bad voice acting is a no no.

2- Combat
    3- Story