Thread: are rets meh ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    Don't listen to the noobs telling you Ret is bad in PvP. As someone who's been playing ret since vanilla (when they were even more of a dogshit), as always Ret paladin is extremely dependant on gear.

Shitty ass 520 ilvl PvP gear just wont cut it for ret, if you wnna do PvP you need PvE gear, that is more true for ret pala then any other class atm. Get yourself some nice 560+ weapon (however you can(paying for boost comes to mind)), and some +STR PvE 560 trinkets and with CD's popped you can 1shot bitches.

Takes alot of money but with good PvE gear ret becomes a PvP god
    I think more or less people were talking about a arena PoV.

@op I can agree on everything but the paladin healing sucking part, ret pala's are far more reliable at healing your comrades than say a ele/enh shaman.

Don't listen to the noobs telling you Ret is bad in PvP. As someone who's been playing ret since vanilla (when they were even more of a dogshit), as always Ret paladin is extremely dependant on gear.

Shitty ass 520 ilvl PvP gear just wont cut it for ret, if you wnna do PvP you need PvE gear, that is more true for ret pala then any other class atm. Get yourself some nice 560+ weapon (however you can(paying for boost comes to mind)), and some +STR PvE 560 trinkets and with CD's popped you can 1shot bitches.

You sound like you haven't played the game for years Now in BGs and Arena PvE gear ilvl is scaled down to 496, with a 1 ilvl increase every week, capping at 512 ilvl. Which is what any high lvl PvE piece sits at right now.

On topic, I agree Ret is frustrating especially in 2s. But you did more damage than the Warrior? You shoulda won that game then Are you using the weapon chain instead of Dancing Steel? You really want the chain in 2s.

Also try going with 2 PvP DPS trinkets against melee + healer teams, Proc will happen 1-3 spells when you start, you stack the on-use one with it. You'd need to rely more on CC dispels from your healer, plus maybe using the bubble as a trinket if it would score a kill. That way sometimes your damage will be so high they might die stuck in a global CD n not popping defensives. Had games where I crit fully geared people for 100k+ hammers, not counting Hand of Light.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Lol, pretty sure instanced PvP is the only PvP that matters.
    Take it from someone who is far higher than you in rating, and experience.. Ret is terrible.

Boring with a terrible tools set.

A lecture to the noobs from someone who thinks world PvP matters or doesn't understand that PvE gear scales down in instanced PvP.