Thread: are rets meh ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

are rets meh ?

doing arenas last night and was seeing that i couldnt get past 1700 not due to me being bad but because of other classes just out classing me .....it started with a monk wariror team .....went 20 mins and we lost thru the whole game i was either stuned or disarmed back to back then charge stun and monk sap it got really stupid now it got real close sometimes where id get the wariror to 1 % and he would def stance sheidlwall and lol second wind with monk bubble and that happend about 6 times my damage was 7X that of the wariror but was still not able to kill them .....just thinking if pallys could get a little something more like a ms that goes with crusader strike or increase ret healing in pvp cuz it sucks soooo bad .....you fellow rets feel the same or you think there needs to be something else

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes rets are bad, very bad.

Deleted
    Rets are terrible, but well enough to get you past 1700 and more

Rets are good with cds,else they are dogshit.

Deleted
    Well, in PvP I hardly see them anymore and when I do I always have the feeling it's a new player.

They dont seem to be so great anymore tbh. The few I see I can usually kill without any trouble.

Rets aren't worth taking over the main melee now such as Warrior/Rogue/Feral.

Played 5's between 2100-2300 MMR today. It fluctuated a lot.

It was painful; Ret would be trained all game and just couldn't survive. Only wins we could get seemed to come from just randomly globaling something everytime he had wings or the shaman was bursting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Well, in PvP I hardly see them anymore and when I do I always have the feeling it's a new player.

They dont seem to be so great anymore tbh. The few I see I can usually kill without any trouble.
    Ret was never great in the first place the only time we became OP was at pre Wotlk patch and the first season of Wotlk. Other than that we are always inferior in pvp compare to other melees...which is sad because it's my favorite class and spec.

I feel that ret is a good class/spec, but other classes and specs are more powerful. Not that Ret is weak its strong if you know what you are doing, but if someone playing another melee also knows what they're doing then they will be much stronger.

We played Ret / Rogue / Resto shaman this season. We're not exactly skill-capped. :P Playing for fun. Sitting 1750-1800.

The HoPs were nice with all the warriors around. We did feel at a disadvantage against a lot of comps. Monks (particularly WW) gave us fits.

Rets fun to play in pve. I like the rotations and gameplay style of ret. but in pvp we are absolutely awful. We get stomped by every other class in EVERY aspect, be it healing/selfhealing, dps, cc, survival, utility.. everything...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret<<<<<<<Any dps, a good ret can kill most classes, but if they`re equal at skill, gear and all that, a ret wont win, there is a reason you dont see them in arenas, i stopped pvp on my ret in s14 after getting around 11k conquest, i have had enough.
    Last edited by Demsi; 2014-02-07 at 05:17 PM.

Yeah they're kinda gimpy right now. Not broken per se, but there are better choices.

good burst but nothing else really, better have some good ass teammates like Vanguards gets

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    they get trained until they die. ok support class(off heals, freedom, bop). your only going to kill something with wings up however.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Ret has very low sustained damage, Decent Burst and Horrible personal survivability.

Competitively there is almost no reason to bring Ret over another melee. If you want Paladin utility you can just bring a Holy Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xPoys3 View Post
    good burst but nothing else really, better have some good ass teammates like Vanguards gets
    Most other classes have higher burst. The contrast between mediocore burst and non-existing sustained just makes it look high. Same thing in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish i didnt read this thread
    i played ret in arena since wotlk, i can manage but its a struggle
    i mean warrior can own me easy now, WARRIORS i tell you

Yep, ret is terrible at PvP.

Don't listen to the noobs telling you Ret is bad in PvP. As someone who's been playing ret since vanilla (when they were even more of a dogshit), as always Ret paladin is extremely dependant on gear.

Shitty ass 520 ilvl PvP gear just wont cut it for ret, if you wnna do PvP you need PvE gear, that is more true for ret pala then any other class atm. Get yourself some nice 560+ weapon (however you can(paying for boost comes to mind)), and some +STR PvE 560 trinkets and with CD's popped you can 1shot bitches.

Takes alot of money but with good PvE gear ret becomes a PvP god