Deleted

How to search for a new realm?

Hey, Just wondering on how i would go about finding out things such as Population(As Accurate as possible preferably)/faction balance etc (Not as important)

I'm currently playing on Kazzak-EU and the amount of players is just overwhelming. I Transferred from Terenas-EU which was pretty much dead to be fair. But as Warlords of Draenor is coming out soon i would kinda like to find a realm where i don't have to sit in a 30/60 minute Q just to be able to play, The person i plan on leveling with also has a not bad but not amazing laptop so wouldn't be able to handle Kazzak straight after an expansion release.

TLR Looking for realm that isnt totally dead but not obscenely populated. Thanks.

realmpop.com

Otherwise, best way to get a feel for a server community is to just roll a new character on one and see how things go. Server forums used to be a good indicator too, but those seem to be used less often recently.

good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    check wowprogress, check official wow forums, make a level 1 alt there and level to 20, explore, check trade chat, talk to others on that realm (someone afk in shrine!) just strike up a convo.
    Hi

Do not use realmpop.com, it is useless since it counts inactive accounts.

This site tracks accounts active in the last 3 weeks for level 90s only. http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=11&w=EU
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Apparently Kazzak's population is about 193k, 4th largest EU realm. Horde dominated. Sounds like you'd be more comfortable in the 100k range.

Man looking at this graph I can't believe how small my realm's pop is. Used to be fairly highly populated.

I wonder if Blizzard has a target pop size for CRs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Also make sure the realm you want to go to is somewhere near you.

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

I live on the east coast and used to play on a west coast server with about 80-100 MS always. Xferred to a server with a data center about 100 miles away and my MS is never above 30 now. As a melee, you see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Only use realmpop if you really really believe that WoW has 27 million players in the US and EU alone when Blizz has reported 7 mil players worldwide to their stockholders.

realmpop stats:
    US 14,546,575
    EU 12,892,393
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Only use realmpop if you really really believe that WoW has 27 million players in the US and EU alone when Blizz has reported 7 mil players worldwide to their stockholders.

realmpop stats:
    US 14,546,575
    EU 12,892,393
    Thats characters, and not accounts.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Deleted
    Ye it gets a little crazy sometime lol. And being on a pvp server which has such a heavy faction imbalance is a little sad Dont see most of the really high realms being connected. would be so laggy :x

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the websites and advice! will take it to heart and see what i can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Poysonivy View Post
    Thats characters, and not accounts.
    indeed. and while it is not as acurate as some belive it still give you a indication of how well populated a realm is. or how a/h ratio is.

why not pick a medium server? full means not a queue at that moment. but will probebly have a queue when WoD is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take what I get from RealmPop.com and roll an alt there to feel it out. Best time to do so is 7pm on a Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    full means not a queue at that moment. but will probebly have a queue when WoD is released.
    I've been having queues on my full server since heirlooms became cross-server. High pop is probably reasonable depending...my high pop servers had very small queues on MoP and Cata release that disappeared after the first week or so.
    Last edited by Celista; 2014-02-04 at 08:11 PM.