Is this Normal Divine Aegis RNG?

I'm just curious; I heal with another disc priest in every raid and their divine aegis is always way higher than mine. I know this guy has better gear but idk man, does 5% crit really make this much of a difference? Any tips for me other than pray for more rng?

My character name is Life, check out the other priests parse.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ai.../?s=721&e=1311

Here is the other priests armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Gretyl/simple

My Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...in/Life/simple

I am no pro at reading logs, but from a knee-jerk reaction to it, yes 5% crit really seems to be the difference there. You did more atonement healing but still fell behind in DA total, which to me means (obviously) your spells crit less, therefore much less DA.

PS: Why are you 6 healing H Nazgrim? Seems boring :P

Aside from the gear difference, they spend much less time casting non-DA proccing spells (PW:S, Spirit Shell) so... yes.

Also, don't forget about the 2-pc bonus. They're getting an extra 10% crit during AA. That's pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyradin View Post
    I have no control over that, I just joined this guild and they have like 8 healers on the roster. It's really boring sometimes and I have to sit for a few of the fights because we rotate.

Deleted
    Atonement isn't your primary source of DA, most of it comes from t90 talents. I didn't look at your logs etc, but it might be that he hit more Divine Stars / Good Halos than you did. On top of 5% more crit of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, 5% crit does make a lot of difference. As pointed out; 2pc! That's huge to pop AA and get 10% extra Crit. Besides, you lack Mastery aswell?
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2014-02-04 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyradin View Post
    I am no pro at reading logs, but from a knee-jerk reaction to it, yes 5% crit really seems to be the difference there. You did more atonement healing but still fell behind in DA total, which to me means (obviously) your spells crit less, therefore much less DA.

I'm more concerned why they are 8 healing malkorok . It's a 5healer fight.

The difference in divine aegis does seem to come from healing style and a bit from gear (2 piece does make a major difference)

Hi drena
    Last edited by Talhooo; 2014-02-04 at 11:33 AM.

You cast 105 PW:S, he cast 18.

His Cascade did a fuckton more DA healing than your Halo did.

Just as an issue of math 40% Crit results in 14% more DA shields than 35% crit. Yeah, it's a lot.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've learnt in 25m as a disc (recently went 25m from 10m, cleared 25m HC in first reset) the main differences are: 90 talents, bar cascade, are stupidly better and PoH is basically crap, I always use Halo on nazgrim and only fights I'd use cascade on are Immerseus and Paragons. 25m is all about the DA, so abuse the 90 talents with procs and such and don't dare to use them without AA up because it makes a huge difference in 25m.

Go full out crit, then mastery and about 7/8k spirit, you don't need more than that (unless progressing)

More chances of crit also means your old DA might get an extension before expiry.

He has 5% more crit, maybe more mastery? (his armory is currently shadow)
    He also used a Potion of Focus on a primarily Atonement-heavy style, which isn't too expensive on mana, so I'm guessing he runs on less spirit than you. I don't notice you using any mana pots, so I'm guessing that you didn't have to stretch your mana too hard for that fight?

ToF 53.6%, Archangel 48.8%
    versus your
    ToF 38%, Archangel 35%

In a nutshell, no. It's not just the 5% crit. He did a better job of maximizing his procs/buffs.
    Last edited by NoJuice; 2014-02-07 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Mastery information was wrong.