Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't watch any television shows anyway, only the news and maybe a movie or a documentary once in a while ... And it's nice with some varrity on television. Although I only really follow sports when the summer Olympics, World cup, Euro cup or when national Handball is on. Not to say most of the skiing and snowboarding during the winter olympics isnt great as well.

And who the heck watches rebroadcasts. I understand why someone would watch a summary... But rebroadcasts are terrible unless it's really high entertainment quality...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Well, I really like sports so I'm not bothered one bit. I'm going to live for a good 60 years more if my genes follow my grandparents, so I'm sure I'll get to see all the TV I need.
    I like sports too but watching questionably homosexual guys dance on ice isnt a sport, neither is riding a sled down a hill, or curling. They are activities

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    OP. I want to watch Family Guy and American Dad, not the Super Bowl or every other Football game on before for. That's just how life rolls, deal with it and just watch something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    wow talk about 1st world problem. watch some older stuff, there's a about 3 million good TV shows you haven't seen.
    Hahaha lol yeah .

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Maybe we do at 4AM or something because thats when the events happen but nobody is awake to see it. If they are going to broadcast the Olympics, then they should be held in the US every time so we can watch it live at a decent time
    The Winter Olympics in Russia will be mostly on during the afternoon. The "flagship" events will be around 6-11 pm local time, which is 7 hours ahead of New York (11 am to 4 pm).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The Winter Olympics in Russia will be mostly on during the afternoon. The "flagship" events will be around 6-11 pm local time, which is 7 hours ahead of New York (11 am to 4 pm).
    Which is when everyone is at work

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be a huge Olympics fanatic, but since that new untraceable doping drug got introduced, fuck professional sports.

Deleted
    Olympics are awesome, although I'm not really a fan of the winter olympics its all about summer.

Just using NCIS as an example Episode 14 airs tonight. The last 3 seasons Episode 14 aired on Feb. 5th, Feb. 7th, and Feb. 8th. All that means instead of having repeats in March/April they will be in February instead. Hopefully, it will mean a smoother end of the season instead of the usual Repeat, New, Repeat, New, Repeat, Repeat, New, New, New, New that usually happens.

Yes, NBC doesn't air live events. They normally wait and show the days events at 8 to 11 where they get most of their ratings. A lot of people are critical of them doing that as some try alternative stations like CBC or the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell still watches network TV anyways? I am sure you can wait a few weeks to catch the latest episode of NCSISAISIS: Honolulu or whatever the latest "reality" dredge is popular now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't watch ABC anyway so no big loss. To be honest I don't watch TV ever anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    NCSISAISIS: Honolulu
    Ahahahaha.

I don't television anymore - even if I did, I wouldn't watch this crap because sports is pointless. But if I did like sports, I still wouldn't watch because Putin is a dickhead, especially in regards to gay rights and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    NBC and ever network in the free world should not broadcast this winter olympics, and hell the Olympic committee should have pulled the plug after Russias homophobic politcal bullshit.
    Russia... less free than America...

Not sure if stupid or just trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The time, in all honesty, doesn't matter. When I was living in Boston, and the World Cup was being held in South Korea, we would show up to work at 5 am so we could all watch the games together. If it's interesting, Americans will watch it. It's just that 90% of Olympic events (all non-team sports, imo) are boring as hell. Not to mention there's like more time inbetween individual runs of the same event, than the run of the event actually takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    NBC and ever network in the free world should not broadcast this winter olympics, and hell the Olympic committee should have pulled the plug after Russias homophobic politcal bullshit.
    There was an article awhile back that looked into "pulling the plug" and they wouldn't have been able to do it even if they wanted to. From getting the venues up to snuff to volunteers to even food and accommodations. Plus I think Russia would be suing the IOC's asses off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowdays i just ignore the new shows and then i watch them a year later.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I'm glad that it doesn't affect any shows I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its a few weeks of cheering on your country to victory, Im sure you can do without the usual crap for that long.
    I'm pretty sure that plenty of people do not care about the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Maybe we do at 4AM or something because thats when the events happen but nobody is awake to see it. If they are going to broadcast the Olympics, then they should be held in the US every time so we can watch it live at a decent time
    The Olympics are an international event, you know.

I never watch those channels anymore, so it doesn't affect me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont even watch tv anymore outside of news so it dosnt bother me, sorry.

We have, what?, 100 sports channels and NBC just launched their own NBC Sports channel and none are being used to carry the Olympics.

Gee, what a waste of money these companies invested in.

I'd prefer to watch my regular shows' new eps than trying to find something to watch in place (even most cable shows will be running reruns).

Before anyone says "it only happens every 2 yrs [alternating between winter and summer Olympics]" so what?! It's not the point. Not everyone watches this stuff and don't want to be forced into waiting for their just back from break new eps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually sit down and watch the Olympics, but I love that they're on. I love what they stand for traditionally. It's a few days every four YEARS or so. I'm pretty sure you'll all be fine.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.