Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

6.0 Raid Size Changes, Patch 5.4.7 PTR Notes Update, Blue Tweets, Blizzard Gear

No Character Wipe With Next Beta Patch, Auction House Maintenance, Holy Hermit's Pre-RoS In-Depth Monk Skill Showcase

MG Decklist Round-Up, Wednesday Limited Swiss, Legends of Hearthstone - BS2 Final

Patch 6.0 - Raid Size Changes
    Watcher shared some information about Patch 6.0 raid size changes today on Twitter!

Patch 5.4.7 - Charge and Warbringer Changes
    The latest PTR build removed the stun from Charge and added it to the Warbringer talent. It looks like the next build will revert this change and instead make Pummel and Disrupting Shout have a shared cooldown.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We're going to revert the Charge and Warbringer changes from the 5.4.7 PTR and make a different change. Here's some context:

We feel that Warriors are too disruptive vs casters in PvP at the moment. To a certain extent it's intended that it should be more difficult to get casts off if there's a melee DPS sticking to you, but Warriors just have too many options along those lines currently. That's part of the thinking behind the change to Charge: as a root, Charge would not interrupt casting, so it would be useful purely as a gap closer and rage generator, not as a way to lock down a caster.

We're reverting it because, although we do think it's a good change and something we're likely to revisit in the future, it's a bit too big of an overall change for 5.4.7. There's a bit of a ripple effect here; making Charge a root certainly accomplishes the goal of scaling back Warrior interrupts, but it opens up some secondary issues (such as "what happens when you Charge a target with Hand of Freedom active?") that we'd need some additional time to clear up. Put another way, we wanted to nerf Warriors' ability to disrupt casters, not their mobility, and at this point in time the Charge change would have been a nerf to both.

So instead, we're making a different change: Pummel and Disrupting Shout will have a 15-second shared cooldown. To be clear: Disrupting Shout will remain at its current 40 second cooldown, but you won't be able to use it within 15 seconds of using Pummel. Likewise, using Disrupting Shout will put Pummel on cooldown.

We may still come back to the Charge change in Warlords, where all sorts of other changes will have happened (especially to CC) that allow it to make more sense, and we can spend more development and testing time on making sure it doesn't have any unwanted side effects. For now, the shared cooldown on Pummel and Disrupting Shout will fill our original intention of making Warriors just slightly less difficult to cast against.

Patch 5.4.7 PTR Patch Notes - February 3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Warrior (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Disrupting Shout and Pummel now both share a 15-second cooldown when either ability is used. Disrupting Shout's 40-second cooldown remains unchanged but the ability will be unavailable for 15 seconds after using Pummel.
        • Charge now pins a target to the ground, rooting the target (used to stun the target) for 1.5 seconds and generates 20 Rage.
      • Talents
        • Warbringer now causes Charge to stun the target (used to cause Charge to root a target) for 3 seconds, reducing movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds, and generates 20 Rage.

PvP
    • Season 15 Prideful Gladiator gear, and weapons are now available for purchase.
    • Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear and weapons can now be purchased using Honor Points instead of Conquest Points.
    • [PTR ONLY] Prideful Flaskataur, Esq. is now available for all your Season 15 gear testing needs. Pay him a visit at your faction's respective shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Items
    • [PTR Only] Flaskataur, Esq. is now available at Niuzao Temple and selling Tier-15 Normal gear for testing purposes.
    • [PTR Only] Glyphataur, Ph.D. is now selling class glyphs for testing purposes and can be found at your faction's respective shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Art
    Will the male Draenei finally get real eyebrows, like they have in the concept art? http://t.co/xAQT3HIbr8
    We're definitely looking at all existing concept art and considering these kinds of additions. (artofcgrobinson)

Can i get a confirmation that female undead 1h special attack animation will continue to be an amazing flip attack?
    the plan is to not significantly alter existing animation, just polish - so yes that will remain the same (artofcgrobinson)

Warlords of Draenor Stats
    Wait, is each individual affected spell going to have its own Readiness coefficient?
    No. It's per spec, just like Mastery. (Celestalon)

Final question of the night, will amplify have a rating (i.e. +20 amplify) or just a static x% boost on gear?
    Rating. (Celestalon)

any estimated date on the Item Squish so far?
    Squish will happen with 6.0. (Celestalon)

PvP
    So as MMO-C showed alliance won 84.9% of IoC last month, could that be because of bad map balance? (Too me it feels like it).
    there was a bug in 5.3 where alliance could leave the starting area early & ally HK farming groups focus on IoC. (holinka)

The problem is faction imbalance and no efforts made to address it. I pvp as ally for near insta-q's (0-2 min).
    Certainly. But faction balance has fluctuated over the games lifetime. One popular guild moves and many follow. (holinka)

Misc
    it’s the perception of mandatory spend versus optional that makes the difference. I.e. Pay 2 compete = bad! pay for cool pet = good
    The qualifier "optional" isn't sufficient. It's subjective on what optional means & often the option is wait longer or play more. (holinka)

Blizzard Store Returns
    The Blizzard Store that sells physical products, like this reversible Zergling / Baneling has returned with a new name, Blizzard Gear!

Should help with the WoD transition for 20man guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD seems like a big Mess already! , no news of the beta, the new Character models are very shi--y and blizzard keeps adding mounts to the online shop. Good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so Alliance where or are cheating on IoC? Well thats just crap. So there is pretty much a 100% loss ratio for the horde since half the horde players are bots that stay at the start and then you have the alliance that are cheating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    WoD seems like a big Mess already! , no news of the beta, the new Character models are very shi--y and blizzard keeps adding mounts to the online shop. Good job.
    Yea, we can agree on no beta news is bad and generally lack of substantial WoD news. The rest is pretty subjective, I think that new player models looks amazing so far and I couldn't care less about store mounts.

The raid change thing will be weird though, but I guess everybody that has a chance of clearing HC will have done so by the time we see the pre-WoD patch. So the impact shouldn't be too big.

I'm over MoP and just want the WoD beta already. I'd go as far as saying MoP is far worse due to PvP concerns than even Cataclysm, but yeah. Just give me the damn beta, I don't want to waste time on 6 months of MoP!

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    the new Character models are very shi--y
    What don't you like about them specifically? I thought the orcs were a nice update, detailed but still representative of the old model we know and love, though I heard some didn't care for the female human's curves or something to that effect.

My biggest issue with the new model system is the lack of distinct faces. Pandaren are all the same, just different colored fur. Hopefully this will be harder to get away with with more human-looking races such as, well, humans. We need more wrinkles, scars, and different shaped faces, and fewer happy panda grins.

great change for warriors. 2 interrupts is too good but taking it away won't cripple warriors like neutering charge would.

Disappointed they backed down from the Warrior changes for such a transparent and flimsy reason. "What happens if you charge a paladin with Freedom on" indeed. Such a bullshit reason. I wonder what the real one is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what... why would they make a mythic version of SoO now?

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Should help with the WoD transition for 20man guilds.
    Ya probably, but I can only hope my guild finishes heroics before then. Would hate to get very close only to have the 20 man change destroy any chance of finishing out the tier.

I like the banner showing the windrider cub plush and then you go there and its out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    Wait what... why would they make a mythic version of SoO now?
    not now , but with 6.0 patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Disappointed they backed down from the Warrior changes for such a transparent and flimsy reason. "What happens if you charge a paladin with Freedom on" indeed. Such a bullshit reason. I wonder what the real one is.
    If you read what they said, it was only an example of one of the secondary issues brought up by the change.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: 6.0 Raid Size Changes, Patch 5.4.7 PTR Notes Update, Bluie Tweets, Blizzard Gear

It's about friggin' time that Blizzard had physical authenticators for sale again! I still can't believe that the absence of an account security product was OKed or simply ignored. Just the amount of grief caused by it... I don't even. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    The real reason is that in this meta-game, nerfing Charge like that would completely ruin Warriors. Once the meta-shifts because of the removal of a lot of the CC in WoD, -then-, they can nerf Charge without any large repercussions.

Warrior Changes......Again...All this PVP garbage does is screw up PVE.

If you want to fix things for PVP, make it so PVE is unaffected. I am sick of everyone bitching and whining about "ZOMG pvp is so unbalanced, Blizz! Fix this now", and then all the changes Blizz is coerced into making end up altering PVE.
    Now you're screwing with warriors being able to properly stun and/or interrupt adds in a raid with any relative usefulness...

Case in point:
    1) Removing the stun from Charge now makes it damn near useless in a raid if an add needs to be stunned (i.e. Dragonmaw Bonecrushers on Galakras if they are hitting someone with Fracture)
    2) Changing how the interrupts work by putting them on a shared CD now makes it impossible to keep up a decent interrupt sequence if you happen to be the only one available to do so:
    example(s) from both current and prior raids, because the situation has presented itself multiple times, and most assuredly will again:
    Fallen Protectors - Embodied Gloom - I'm usually the one to get on him after Sorrow dies, and then I'll hit Pummel, then hit Disrupting Shout, then Pummel is back up for the last one as it's dying (the tank may take one interrupt, but this change screws over the whole dynamic)
    Spirit Kings - Zian - Same situation as FP, where having the multiple interrupts at least allows for being able to fill in gaps in the interrupt rotation when needed in addition to Pummel due to, you guessed it, them being on proper *separate* CDs
    Galakras - Dragonmaw Bonecrushers - Already mentioned, but noting it again...Rooting them will not break a Fracture.
    Sha of Pride - Manifestation of Pride - Interrupting Mocking Blast might not be all that necessary, if ranged burns it down fast enough, but the fact that the ability to properly do so twice on the add if needed will be removed is now a hindrance that should not be coming to pass in PVE...

I could come up with more examples, but I don't feel like typing them all, since my point is made...

TL;DR - Stop changing PVE just cause you want to make changes to PVP. You have already made trinkets and other such items function differently if used in Battlegrounds (the trinkets from the Shado-Pan Assault, and the iLvl squish of any gear past a certain threshold)... If you're going to change how abilities function in PVP, make it so they stay the same for raids, because this is getting bloody ridiculous.

I don't mind pvp changes as long as it doesn't f*** up anything in pve. Of course that's never happened before.
    I wonder if there will be any bloodshed in world first type guilds with the faster than expected raid changes?

Bet the people spending $100 for the windrider and other plush's feeling silly now xD

There goes more Warrior PvE utility. Horray for PvP!