15+ Year Old Account
    It's not false advertising (they weren't being intentionally deceptive), but if Blizz doesn't meet the 12/21 date they have to refund the money to anyone who pre-purchased (and who asks). This doesn't mean that you get the expansion for free though. It just means that you can get your money back but have to re-buy the game to play. As if this isn't bad enough for Blizzard (they don't want to be giving any money back) it's made worse by the 90 boosts. My understanding is that if people have received a pre-purchase refund so far (for whatever reason) those boosted 90s are locked. It sucks to have a character locked because you requested a refund where Blizzard is at fault for not keeping to the deadline (and thus breached the "purchase contract" if you will) so how to handle the whole boosted 90s thing makes the situation even harder for them to handle so ... they'll release on or before that date come hell or high water.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Funny story about latest build.

The PTR build included 'delete' markers for all the Arakkoa files, presumably by accident. This led me to joke in Skype at the time:
    [5/7/2014 3:40:57 PM] Simca: Auchindoun 2.0
    [5/7/2014 3:40:59 PM] Simca: MULTI-COLORED CUBE WARS

A bug report about it got Blizz attention:
    [12:42:59 PM] Simca: chaud - Cube Wars not intended
    [12:43:01 PM] Simca: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12674159054#1
    Lol just checked it out on the PTR. Very funny.

@ Ryuda, how can you tell its ahead of MoP's early beta builds? Just based off comparing datamined info from the 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    @ Ryuda, how can you tell its ahead of MoP's early beta builds?
    Based on what he said I'm referring to the quality of the alpha compared to the Beta build of MoP and how *finished* it looks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Does Ryuda have access to info we don't? He/she said with pretty clear confidence they are working this very differently this time. I mean people have speculated that they are but we don't have any solid confirmation that they are or they are not.

I can't find it right now, but there was an interview like a month or two ago where they said that at the start of the MoP beta, they had all but 2 zones 100% completed - Dread Wastes and Townlong I think. They then had to redo Jade Forest during beta. However, we never knew that they were that far, because they deliberately only released first the Pandaren starting zone, then Jade Forest, then V4W, etc, because they wanted targeted testing on those specific zones.

Therefore, even when Alpha/Beta testing starts, we really can't make any accurate comparison to the MoP beta and definitely say whether it's further ahead or beyond. Even if they decide to open 4 zones from the first wave of invites, that doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of how far ahead they are. It could just be that they have decided to test more things at once this time.

I don't really see the logic that we have to wait for beta to start to project a release date; even when it does start, what it looks like at the start doesn't tell us whether they released everything that's ready or whether they are holding almost everything back (like during the MoP beta). Looking at historical trends (while not perfect) is going to be a lot more accurate than the content of beta.

Does Ryuda have access to info we don't? He/she said with pretty clear confidence they are working this very differently this time. I mean people have speculated that they are but we don't have any solid confirmation that they are or they are not.
    Other than blue posts and tweets saying this alpha is further along than MoP, or how they're running the alpha/beta differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    It's not false advertising (they weren't being intentionally deceptive), but if Blizz doesn't meet the 12/21 date they have to refund the money to anyone who pre-purchased (and who asks). This doesn't mean that you get the expansion for free though. It just means that you can get your money back but have to re-buy the game to play. As if this isn't bad enough for Blizzard (they don't want to be giving any money back) it's made worse by the 90 boosts. My understanding is that if people have received a pre-purchase refund so far (for whatever reason) those boosted 90s are locked. It sucks to have a character locked because you requested a refund where Blizzard is at fault for not keeping to the deadline (and thus breached the "purchase contract" if you will) so how to handle the whole boosted 90s thing makes the situation even harder for them to handle so ... they'll release on or before that date come hell or high water.
    Anyone who has seen the datamined stuff and thinks the game will be out after December needs to take their medication. 7~ months of crunch and the game wouldn't be ready by then? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Anyone who has seen the datamined stuff and thinks the game will be out after December needs to take their medication. 7~ months of crunch and the game wouldn't be ready by then? Please.
    the game has to be released either sept or dec cus of blizzcon (ask hardcore raiders why) and i dont think the game would be rdy in 4 months. hell i think it could even be a 2015 release tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgard View Post
    Other than blue posts and tweets saying this alpha is further along than MoP, or how they're running the alpha/beta differently?
    A few things:

1. "Almost guarantee it won't be 6 months of public testing." This idea has been thrown around a lot, but no ones gone this far to say almost guarantee.

2. I can't find the exact quote but also about secondary source information Ryuda said there's a very good chance they are testing it in house win non-WoD developers, just random Blizz employees in place of lengthy public testing.

Rumors telling we get at least a new Alpha Build today. Let's see

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Saying what pointing in testing an expac was previously isn't as relevant as it might appear...Although Warlords is still in Internal Alpha (although, there are people (supposedly, again, this is all 3rd hand info) outside of the Warcraft Dev team, but still inside of Blizzard testing it). The actual development is actually well ahead of the 3-4 beta builds of both Cata and Mists, which makes it hard to determine exactly how far off we are. For the sake of technical testing, someone who works in SC2's Customer Service is just good a tester as a random armchair theorycrafter. I mean, they will obviously get more streamers/guilds/etc. in when it's looking more polished (especially since streamers basically = free promotion) but I think you'll see testing kept close to the vest for a little while yet.
    This part specifically. This doesn't sound like 100% pure speculation. I mean I've speculated on it before, but have never claimed that they actually are doing it.

There's a big difference between me speculating, and someone who has a sense of what's going on saying something. And idk if Ryuda does or not.

One doesn't normally say 3rd hand info if its 100% speculation.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-05-09 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    What are the source of these rumors? Anything outside of the Celestalon tweet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, no, I do not have access to any additional info than most of you.

1)In regards to it working differently: This is all based off of what they have said in interviews (plans to run PvP tournament-esque servers alongside questing servers (WoWsource: Class changes and PvP). Also, During one of the Watcher interviews (Think it was the FinalBoss one) he said that they have currently internally tested 14/17 bosses now, and would be open to externally testing them as soon as all 17 were done internally) and some degree of speculation (At this rate, if they're aiming to start externally testing raid bosses once all 17 have been tested internally, we will likely see them tested alongside the leveling/PvP content, whether that means having separate servers, like PvP will, or just releasing L100 very shortly after launch, we can't say.) I do freely admit though, as well as offer the caveat that there is a huge difference between "we would be open to externally testing..." and "we will be externally testing..." which is where the speculation comes in.

2)In regards to knowledge of how far ahead it is: This is mostly just based off of comparing the two based off of datamined content, and as the two expansions have different features, and likely different development pipelines, I am no means certain that it's farther along, but going by what I see: Most zones are "finished", the only real exception I see is Tanaan and Nagrand (both of which, judging from the mini-map still contain some PH stuff, but even Tanaan is coming along nicely, judging from the screen caps from the most recent build (from a *ahem* well-known source), obviously there's still stuff being moved around (Like the harbor in Gorgrond), but that more akin to Jade Forest problems than the zones not being "done". (That said, obviously, Testing periods are just that, and they could still do whatever they want with them up until release, anyone who remembers pre-beta Mists would remember that Krasarang/V4W and Kun-Lai/Townlong were supposed to be 2 zones, rather than 4.) Even more pronounced than the zones though are things on the artistic side, I mean, we have "all" questing sets. (assuming, like Cata/Mists/Wrath, there will be 2 questing sets for each armor class), crafted sets, LFR sets, Dungeon sets, and 2 tier sets. In MoP, we were using the "Standard beta" PH stuff until close to (actually, pretty sure even for a while after) the first "90 builds" started up. The mobs seem to be basically where we would expect (A mixture of PH mobs and new modeled stuff, at least judging by the PAX build, likely even better now). In both Mists' and Warlords' cases, this is ignoring the fact that Blizzard is usually a few builds ahead of what is publicly available.

And aside from those 2 things, everything else has just been from 3rd party sources (which even I sometimes question the validity of, since some of it conflicts with what I hear here.), and I usually try mention if something is from one of these sources, or just from keeping up with the info, finding patterns, and trying to connect those with some speculation. (Such as the assumption that the PvP season will be ending Aug. 26th.)

So, yes, sorry if I have seemed misleading, I certainly didn't intend for it to sound like I had any insider source/insider info, and I apologize if I got anybody's hopes up.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    So, yes, sorry if I have seemed misleading, I certainly didn't intend for it to sound like I had any insider source/insider info, and I apologize if I got anybody's hopes up.
    People are just desperate for information and are looking for official announcements of any kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    This part specifically. This doesn't sound like 100% pure speculation. I mean I've speculated on it before, but have never claimed that they actually are doing it.

There's a big difference between me speculating, and someone who has a sense of what's going on saying something. And idk if Ryuda does or not.

One doesn't normally say 3rd hand info if its 100% speculation.
    3rd hand source is (apparently) a friend of a friend of a guildie who (apparently) works in SC2 Customer Service and is involved in it. The amount of detail I received about it is sketchy, some of it doesn't "conflict" per se with stuff I have heard from better sources (i.e. Simca/Celestalon), and could just be blamed on a breakdown of communication when retelling a story 3 times (I'm sure we all played that one "Whisper game" as a kid...), but it kind does shed some doubt on it. (for one, the person I heard from implied that the person was playing from home. This is something I now know is impossible, but I'm not sure if someone, somewhere in this chain is having their leg pulled, or if the person telling me was just "filling in a gap" when I asked about it. That's why I tried to attach that warning, not bragging that I had some "internal source" ;p)

So no, it's not 100% speculation, but for the sake of trying to deduce anything from it, I definitely wouldn't put much stock into it. It's a source, but definitely not the most credible one out there.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Ty for that clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might be getting a little late in the day (given it's Friday, which apparently poses logistical issues for Blizz's overseas offices) for a new build today, but we can always hope ;p

Source please.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG4Rlu5gGg0

off topic kind of. With this do you think Blizzard will be at E3 with a game or will it be at Blizzcon?