Wasn't there a datamined string for skipping the event, or was that for the Blasted Lands?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Wasn't there a datamined string for skipping the event, or was that for the Blasted Lands?
    Oh my god I hope so. If that's true then all this arguing is moot.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post

It's more like "You didn't quest in Tanaan at all, so you can't even zone in to the raid."
    So you mean, like WoW used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day where people would actually be complaining about story-intensive, engaging experiences. Guess I shouldn't expect more from Tiberria and Wrathonia though, who complain about every little thing in Warlords of Draenor.

I mean, seriously? Calm down, it's 45 whole minutes out of your leveling experience. If you think that playing through a storyline for 45 minutes is a waste of time, I don't know how you ever spent any time leveling through MoP. Areas like the Jade Forest had a linear questing path that took you nearly 45 minutes to get to a point of decent reputation where you could venture out of the starting zone. Therazane rep was a different story because it basically required that you completed the entire zone (which was nearly 100 quests), and I never thought the grind for Twilight Highlands was that bad. How do you guys play other video games that "require" you to go through story content in order to play the game?
    They provide alternative methods of leveling (dungeons, PvP, even archaeology/herbing mining) for a reason - because not everyone likes questing, and not everyone wants to complete the same quests over and over again on every single character. There's a reason they readily admit that ramming daily quests down everyone's throat in MoP and gating near mandatory content behind them was a mistake. I don't know why they are repeating that same mistake by ramming this intro experience down everyone's throat before they are even able to play the expansion. No matter how amazing it is (and it looks extremely well done), I don't necessarily want to do it on every single alt, and I don't see any good reason why that needs to be forced down my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    I just don't see why a simple 45 minutes without choice is so bad. The rest of Draenor is completely filled with choice.
    And I don't see why it needs to be mandatory. It's as if the developers are not confident enough in the quality of this starting experience and assume that people will avoid it if they have the choice to do so. Why not let this quest line stand on its own merits; if it's as amazing and engaging as they claim, people will do it without having the choice taken out of their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

You're nothing but a whining juvenile who thinks that everything in the world should be made and designed with them in mind. I'm done with this fucking thread.
    Personal attacks are unnecessary, uncalled for, and completely unacceptable. If you need to resort to calling people "whining juveniles", you have all but proven that you are not capable of refuting the argument without restorting to childish personal attacks.

Let's get back on topic.

What will the next big build bring? Crossing my fingers they can squeeze Human Male in but I doubt it.

I hope they make where you can't skip it cause you can't skip twight high lands or mist opening quest sonwhy should be able to skip this

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's get back on topic.

What will the next big build bring? Crossing my fingers they can squeeze Human Male in but I doubt it.
    The models we got are quite a pleasant surprise. Also your avatar is scary. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    I hope they make where you can't skip it cause you can't skip twight high lands or mist opening quest sonwhy should be able to skip this
    Not being able to skip the Twilight Highlands opening quest was a huge design mistake. The Alliance questline to open Twilight Highlands is about my most hated questline in the entire game (to the point that I just want Anduin to die). The reason why I hate it so much? Because they made it so mandatory that you end up having to do it on every single toon. I don't know why they want to repeat that design mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    The models we got are quite a pleasant surprise. Also your avatar is scary. >_>
    I was told I looked sexy

You don't think I look sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Seriously? Because I want something different out of an MMO than I get from a book, that means MMOs aren't for me? You also seem to be confusing single-player RPGs like Zelda with MMORPGs like WoW. That's okay. I forgive you.

For the majority of this game's life span there has been choice. You were never forced to do X zone in order to do Y zone, or to do X questline to open up Y continent. If I wanted to skip the entirety of Hellfire Penninsula, I could. And often I did.

So why now all of a sudden am I the one being called out for saying I don't like the new direction of forcing players to do heavily scripted, non-optional "intros"? I really don't mind doing them the first few times. But I have a lot of alts, because that's what I enjoy in the game. Doing it over, and over, and over, gets BORING.

You know why I never unlocked the Isle of Thunder on the majority of my characters? "Oh hey, thanks for helping us on our attack of the Thunder King! Do these fifteen solo scenarios on every character first." That stops being fun around, oh, character six or so. It would be really nice if intros like that were made account-wide.

To use your book example, J K Rowling isn't sitting there saying "Whoa! You can't read Deathly Hallows again without reading all the rest of the books first!" Even though I've read all the books dozens of times. Sometimes I just want to read Deathly Hallows.
    I don't think you played during vanilla. In order to get into Molten Core, BWL, and hell, even TBC raids, you had to do the attunement quests.

Oh noes a 45 minute intro quest line!!! How will I do this on my 15 alts? If you're playing 15 alts in WoW, holy cow... Think of it as Blizzard's way of telling you to scale back your WoW play.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    So you mean, like WoW used to be.
    Wait... you mean that Warlords of Draenor has a 45-minute attunement questline before you can keep playing? I thought that'd make old-school players happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you wanted to say "Spending 45mins doing the same exact things is unacceptable" Wrathiona. This is an mmo after all

I was told I looked sexy

You don't think I look sexy?
    "Creepy as fuck", that's the phrase i would use...

And new models in current build are indeed pleasant suprise.

(Ignoring on purpose all threads regarding 45min)
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

An mmorpg, in fact.

Gating? Behind a 45 minute questline? That's the first time I've ever heard the term "gating" used like that.

Why do they gate starting dungeons behind 15 levels of content? Maybe they should just open that up right away. I don't want to get involved in my race's starting quest that takes a couple hours! Change it, Blizzard!
    Ridiculous comparison. WoD intro dungeons don't require you to be level 95 to enter.
    Dungeons don't start until 15 because characters would have few to no meaningful abilities to dungeon with at the very beginning.

With the exception of Pandaren I can mail heirlooms to a new character and have it blaze through the first 14 levels in no time.

Even in Mists, horde as an example, all I have to do is rappel off the gunship then I'm free to do whatever.

BC and Wrath let me get into the starting zones and I would be free to quest or run dungeons as I chose. Vanilla and BC races were free from level 1 to go to other race's starting zones as they chose.

WoD's intro quest doesn't really have a precedent unless you want to stretch and bring in the DK quest line, which, for obvious reasons is a different ballgame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Find it funny the people complaining about the 45 minute intro will do it on alts anyways regardless of what they say in this thread/alpha forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Find it funny the people complaining about the 45 minute intro will do it on alts anyways regardless of what they say in this thread/alpha forums.
    Yeah but for now they're bored. Today's complaint is tomorrow's timesink.

They'll be lining up on day one to experience the shit they're moaning about now.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    No good streamers right now.

Blizzard pls giv alpha 2 me
    whatever man