10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when the racials got leaked and all you heavy posters were nay sayers, and calling him names. JOKES ON YOU
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I honestly wonder how many years he has been waiting to do that.

It must taste very, very sweet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trengor View Post
    Something I think we may need to remeber is that not everyone that plays wow have fallowed the blizzcon coverage or hang at MMO-Champion. For them, this is new information.
    Everyone? You'd be surprised, most players DO NOT visit these fansites and don't find information out until it's in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Probably the best thing to come out of this all for me are the Ghostcrawler/Greg Street faux-gloating tweets. I chuckled.

This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Few hours probably. And if it took longer, then I would worry if I was you.

Making new content takes time? Yes, a lot of time. But these notes... you can't tell us it took such a long time.
    Localizing it into multiple languages, gathering and parsing the data for public consumption from several different teams, coordinating the release, getting the green light on making some of this public, yes, I think that takes more than a few hours.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wonder how many years he has been waiting to do that.
    He's so much better then his haters
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disapproval Turtle View Post
    Everyone? You'd be surprised, most players DO NOT visit these fansites and don't find information out until it's in the game.
    I know. that's my point

But it seems that some people here think that everyone reads MMO-champion fiftytwelwe times a day and therefore this information is not worthy of a blog post.

If Rygarius wasn't known to be involved or reading this thread, there would be so much less positive posts in reaction to the blog, it's so two faced.

I think the fact this blog post was hyped and it WAS hyped by Blizz with the whole mark your clocks/countdown for 6 deal, gave the impression that it would be some solid new info, something worth staying awake for, it's only vague tidbits, like the racials, no examples (Though we are getting them now through Twitter). It's exactly the same as the model preview being hyped far too early.

People will ALWAYS be disappointed, give everyone a million and someone will be disappointed they didn't get two million, that's life, but the point remains that the post shouldn't of been hyped up in the first place on Twitter.

Edit: There now is some interesting info out, but its via Twitter, minutes after the blog post, kind of defeats the point really.

I want to say this. I want this to be seen so people shut the fuck up about this blog being shit, you already drowned the post once, so hopefully you pay attention and look this time.

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Development on World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor is progressing well, and we'll soon be ready to enter the first phases of public testing.
    Notice how soon doesn't have a trademark? Yeah? Ok. Now shut the hell up. I am going to go play video games.

Thanks I changed it as requested by this thread :3
    But then Bashniok says "Mmmm, no, we have very in-depth patch notes ready to be posted the second the first public phase of beta begins. We're not there yet though, of course."

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Quoted for truth!

I work for a software company, getting that information out took a lot more time than most people think. Each team's leads had to be consulted and probably approve the content relevant to them. Marketing had to be involved, the web folks to get it posted, and possibly some sort of internal QA to make sure it went up right. Considering how many people were involved and how busy they are, it was probably akin to herding cats.

This doesn't take into account the fact that people probably questioned which direction and everything else for that matter.

Good times. Thanks Rygarius for probably more effort than you will ever get credit for.
    Thanks. This is a preview of the new format for the patch notes minus the patch notes. This format doubles the amount of approvals and work needed. How well this new format does may result in more or less of this in the future.

To a large extent, everyone in this thread is probably more than well informed; having been avidly following every bit of information that has come out, the explanations are not what you're after. You're after the patch notes which are not available yet. For many others (as evidenced by the blog comments), this IS new information or the first time they've seen everything together in one place. When this gets paired with the patch notes it should provide a much better context for the changes and avoid a large part of the raging when people have no idea why X or Y got changed the way it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygarius View Post
    You have no idea how much work that took...
    Don't mind the uninformed haters who come in here trying to ruin the mood when they clearly haven't been up to date. Majority of us appreciates all the work you guys are doing and can't wait to read more blogs and play the beta soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celestalon is broken. Loot his body for information!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    If Rygarius wasn't known to be involved or reading this thread, there would be so much less positive posts in reaction to the blog, it's so two faced.

I think the fact this blog post was hyped and it WAS hyped by Blizz with the whole mark your clocks/countdown for 6 deal, gave the impression that it would be some solid new info, something worth staying awake for, it's only vague tidbits, like the racials, no examples (Though we are getting them now through Twitter). It's exactly the same as the model preview being hyped far too early.

People will ALWAYS be disappointed, give everyone a million and someone will be disappointed they didn't get two million, that's life, but the point remains that the post shouldn't of been hyped up in the first place on Twitter.
    He's only been recently active in the thread. The core of us have been rampantly positive and optimistic from the door.

Its only in the past few days that we've been flooded with the overflow of cynical backbirth. The thread isn't even that old. Don't forget what got this "train" started because a few fuckheads can't keep their tears back.

Thanks<3
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Tricks of the Trade no longer increases damage. Yay!

awwww i loved buffing people...
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    I know. that's my point

But it seems that some people here think that everyone reads MMO-champion fiftytwelwe times a day and therefore this information is not worthy of a blog post.
    My bad, I misread your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So dont look?
    Most people are going to look, and it's going to be hard to shield my eyes when they're plastered all over the front page.
    If people don't get easy access via screenshot of the day, it's going to be more interesting to them when they finally can play the game, instead of just being like "oh yeah, that was my wallpaper for 3 months..meh"

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Few hours probably. And if it took longer, then I would worry if I was you.

Making new content takes time? Yes, a lot of time. But these notes... you can't tell us it took such a long time.
    There is far more to it than that my friend.

Don't listen to these guys Rygarius, we do appreciate what you guys at Blizzard do for us! <3

Something I think we may need to remeber is that not everyone that plays wow have fallowed the blizzcon coverage or hang at MMO-Champion. For them, this is new information.
    Indeed. There are many people that don't even check the official site and therefore won't read this blog. A lot of people will login the day 6.0 comes out and see that their health and damage have changed without having read about the item squish at all. (Most people read the info themselves or have a friend that tells them about it, but there still are people that the information doesn't reach.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    But then Bashniok says "Mmmm, no, we have very in-depth patch notes ready to be posted the second the first public phase of beta begins. We're not there yet though, of course."
    If they want to continue the trend of beta coming out of nowhere..... that would be the way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Localizing it into multiple languages, gathering and parsing the data for public consumption from several different teams, coordinating the release, getting the green light on making some of this public, yes, I think that takes more than a few hours.
    Let me remind you we're talking about WOW... they should have someone taking care of all that. And yeah, it doesn't take more than few hours to do it, we're talking about basically just text and nothing else, you just have to write it and send to the web guys. If it took days then, as i said, they definately have to worry, and I guess if they have that kind of (not) organization, then we can see why they "plan an expansion per year" but then end up releasing one every almost 2 years.

Deleted
    Tricks of the Trade no longer increases damage
    There is a god!