Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    Where did they say this, twitter?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11914351774

Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary... but it is longer than usual I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Says who? Stop saying that.
    Agreed.

Where did they say this, twitter?
    Nah, the maintenance announcement popped up in the Battle.net launcher and the Service Status forum last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Really hoping for a new model to be shown soon. Troll male? Yes please!
    Yes, please.

Its also longer for EU, so who knows what we get
    - He who moves first always wins -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Yes, please.
    It's about time we got a male model, we've had nothing but female models since Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Really hoping for a new model to be shown soon. Troll male? Yes please!
    Trolls and Night Elves are the only two classic models we haven't seen even a preview of either gender, correct?

We've seen at least images of at least one gender of each of these races - Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs, Undead, and Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11914351774

Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary... but it is longer than usual I guess.
    It's the standard window for one of their "extended maintenances" but I was more struck by the timing of the announcement - they typically announce a maintenance window more than 24 hours in advance if they're patching one of the games (e.g., I think the maintenance for patch 5.4.7 was announced a few days ahead of time). I'm assuming for now that it's to fix D3 2.0.1 bugs and prep for RoS release in a few weeks, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Honestly don't remember the triage thing. Definitely remember less smart heals now. Ah well, still should be great.
    I can't remember who said it but there was a tweet a few weeks ago about wanting to reward people for using the right heals at the right time. The only way I can see that working is to have quick heals that are hard to interrupt (cast time of less than a second) but not overly powerful (think about 10% of their health pool) when there's lot of small damage and then offsetting that with much bigger heals (like 5x as effective) but that have a really long cast time (3.5-4 seconds) - the latter becomes useful on fights with big damage spikes but is easily interrupted in pvp. Add to those 2 an aoe heal and a couple of cooldowns (a prevention one and a healing one) and you're largely there with the core healer build. After that you add in the flavour spells for each class, objects(totems,wells,statues), hots, shields, etc.

- He who moves first always wins -

10+ Year Old Account
    Its also longer for EU, so who knows what we get
    03:00 CET > 11:00 CET, like always...

500! Wow. Multiple Bibi posts, Blizzard CM registered only for this thread. Epic! #Hype
    http://img.techpowerup.org/100316/LegendaryThread.jpg
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    It's the standard time for one of their "extended maintenances" but I was more struck by the timing - they typically announce a maintenance window more than 24 hours in advance if they're patching one of the games (e.g., I think the maintenance for patch 5.4.7 was announced a few days ahead of time).
    Good point. At first I was going to kinda dismiss it, because I was thinking that even if they were opening preorders (as an example) it really wouldn't be all that different from opening sales of a new mount (because the CE mount comes with it), but then I remembered the character boost to 90... they might want to do some server maintenance before opening up a new service like that. (I know nothing about servers, but this is my thought.)

If it's related to beta though, I'm not sure they'd really need extended maintenance... as betas are their own servers. However there may be some battle.net-website/launcher maintenance to do prior to beta.

LOL - looking at this thread now, I have to repost my earlier "poll question":

What will happen first?
    1) WoD beta starts
    2) WoD preorders start
    3) WoD release date announced
    4) This thread hits 1m views

I'm leaning toward #4.

Trolls and Night Elves are the only two classic models we haven't seen even a preview of either gender, correct?

We've seen at least images of at least one gender of each of these races - Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs, Undead, and Tauren.
    Yes, indeed correct. I really want to see Male Undead and Tauren animations as well, hoping we'll see them on the website soon since the Dwarf female was only shown as an image at Blizzcon and she's on there now.

Good point. At first I was going to kinda dismiss it, because I was thinking that even if they were opening preorders (as an example) it really wouldn't be all that different from opening sales of a new mount (because the CE mount comes with it), but then I remembered the character boost to 90... they might want to do some server maintenance before opening up a new service like that. (I know nothing about servers, but this is my thought.)

If it's related to beta though, I'm not sure they'd really need extended maintenance... as betas are their own servers. However there may be some battle.net-website/launcher maintenance to do prior to beta.

Yeah I'm thinking they have to prep battle.net / enable all the behind-the-scenes beta access stuff before going live with it. If they want to open pre-orders, then the websites and battle.net would definitely need some attention -- and they'd have to do whatever they do to "turn on" in-game stuff (boosts, CE pet/mount).
    Last edited by brothernads; 2014-03-03 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isride View Post
    20 months is the sweet spot for me, 3monthly patch cycle alternating between story and raid patches (like MoP) and then instead of a full story patch after the last tier you get 3-4months of phased in 'pre-patch' with events to build up to the expansion. That phasing would coincide with the raid testing on Beta and give the people who don't get invites something shiny to play with on the live servers.
    Id rather they release the whole expansion at one time instead of stringing us along with patches to artificially lengthen the expansion. Then every 9-12 months drop another expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in my guild's core raid team. We raid on Tues and Sundays. For the last three weeks or so after every Sunday raid wraps up I say something to the effect of, "Something is gonna happen this week guys! The MMO thread is blowing up!" Le sigh - one Sunday I will be correct...lol. My raid lead always replies, "It's gonna happen!" in a Muppet-esque voice.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gz! /10chars I guess your sig came true: "- He who moves first always wins -"

10+ Year Old Account
    Did all the devs end up with 10k followers?!

I think, we just get a Blog or something, or D3 Fixed. Doubt there is something big. Extended Maintendance has nothing to say in my eyes